Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Translated Yet?

I have tried RO before and really want to like this game, but last time I quit before I finished the tutorial.  I kept going to the NPCs and being told things like, "Joy!  With much happiness you will be kill of the monsters!" I remember one guy explaining something and I had no idea what he was trying to say.  I figured if all the NPCs talked like this I wanted no part of it.

Did they finally get somebody with at least a basic understanding of American English to recode the NPCs?

"Much thanking you for helping to give answer for my question!"

Comments

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440
    Ya its translated to the extremes.  Gravity's translation staff is the largest ever attempted in an mmo company.  1/3rd of thier employees are translators now.  Alot has changed in the last 3 years.  Also after thier translation staff gets done with it, a US editor takes a final look at the translation (this is after the initial translation, and the translator in Korea).

• trasildigartrasildigar Member Posts: 1
    I agree. The translation is pretty great. Every once in a while, you will come across a typo or something like you are saying where they miss an important noun or the wrong suffix, but 95% it's pretty awesome from what I've played, which has been the past year.
  • TechpriestTechpriest Member Posts: 104

I made it out of the tutorial this time.  It is much better then it was last time I tried it.

Thanks!