Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toons in EQ.

2»

Comments

• silverbladesilverblade Member Posts: 52

Even though in the quest for the magic dollar it is obvious that the demographics do matter, I argue that as gamers, we shouldn't let the fact that there are more men than women who play MMORPGS enter into the equation.  As gamers, we should be demanding and sending a message to developers that we want immersion in our gaming, which includes making avatars look as real as possible, within boundaries of decency.  Now, where those boundaries lie is another matter.  The trouble is that online gaming crosses boundaries and many cultural divides.  What would not raise much of a fuss in Australia causes even the leader of the free world to comment on it in America (ie the Janet Jackson incident).  Still, I think there is much room for improvement in the area of avatar representation.

• CherrokeeCherrokee Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by Misti

This games sexual connotations are mild compared to Lineage 2 and im not put off by their graphics either.
    As for there not being many women playing mmorpgs I think your wrong, if you read some of the latest studies we are playing more and more of these types of games.  Obviously there are not as many of us as there are men playing but enough where our tastes should be taken into account as well.

Preach on Sistah! hehe image

~Cherokee~

Cherrokee
    Sexay Rogue
    By Force and Valor
    Tarew Marr