Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the grind?

face30face30 Member UncommonPosts: 193
How comparable is the RF grind to lineage 2 per say? Very interested in this game yet korean-type mmo's always have a steep grind and hoping this one wasnt so bad. Also is there any sort of trial anyone know of or buddy keys? thanks in advance!

Comments

• karr1981karr1981 Member Posts: 59
    The soon to be released Giga 4.2 has various increases to exp and PT values to lessen what some people have identified as the grind in RFO

• mixlespekmixlespek Member Posts: 20
    Played both.. not nearly as bad as L2 as for grinding measures. Still a boring grind none-the-less.

• TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

Lineage II = RF Online = Archlord . . . they have similarities to eachother, but each has a different feel and a different style. 

The one thing that is most comparable is the grind.  These types of games are fun for PvP, but I lose interest when I must repeat the same style of play over and over and over, whether it be killing mobs, doing the same types of quests, etc.

If you are looking for a mmorpg with some variety, these mmos will not satisfy.  If you want some fun PvP action after you put in the time and effort to build a competitive character, these mmos are fine.  My favorite was RF Online, but it has the least content of them all . . . go figure

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102
    The grind really isnt that bad. lvl 39 was the first lvl I couldnt do in a day. The only problem is no end-game content. The classes come into their own at level 40 but for no reason - to pvp dodge monkeys or kill the same stuff for less xp each lvl until 45 (end of current weapons/armor). There is nothing to grind toward on this game and their is clear evidence of its death in the form of server merges, enormous dead guilds and the rarity of drops.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL