Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars: Best MMORPG yet

AhLaw379AhLaw379 Member Posts: 21

Guild Wars will be the best MMORPG because of these reasons

No monthly Fee - first time i seen MMORPG w/o monthy free

Great Graphics - Best graphics i seen, i think better than L2

Low Requirements - Great gameplay, Great graphics but LOW 

requirements! omg.....that's just too good

Can't wait..................

Konosuke

Comments

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831
    Yes, I agree with you.  Overall, the game looks incredible right now.  It will be interesting to see whether or not it turns out to be a success or not.

• GhostRaptorGhostRaptor Member Posts: 35

Is this game fun to play?

I started playing just after dinner on Saturday night.  I stopped playing (excluding toilet breaks, getting drinks and nibbly type food - survival still comes first, as does maintaining the sanitary condition of my underwear :P ) Sunday night when I had to cook dinner.

• icecrossicecross Member Posts: 78

Are you an alpha tester or did I miss the beta release??

• SeriphosSeriphos Member Posts: 56
    its still alpha, i havent heard of a date for open beta

Guild Wars Closed Alpha Tester
    Lineage 2 Closed Beta Tester
    Everquest 2 Closed Beta Tester
    Risk Your Life Closed Beta Tester

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

This game has horrible graphics, I hope the gameplay is good.

"When you're in prison, dont be no ones bitch, its bad for you..."

The Offspring

-----------------Censored------------------

The SS's on guildwars.com

The Offspring

Check out the EQ2 SS's, they are really sharp.

The Offspring

• HemKhanHemKhan Member Posts: 231
    Ramadin is an EQ freak and doesnt think anything can beat his precious game.........get over it, the graphics are good, you've posted enough times before that you even think the original EQ has better graphics than Guild Wars..........Im sorry to say this but your talking bullshit and if your really that blind you shouldnt even be posting in this dam forum.

Outkast Studios
    Mystic Online Community Forums

• higgsbosonhiggsboson Member Posts: 296

Originally posted by HemKhan
    Ramadin is an EQ freak and doesnt think anything can beat his precious game.........get over it, the graphics are good, you've posted enough times before that you even think the original EQ has better graphics than Guild Wars..........Im sorry to say this but your talking bullshit and if your really that blind you shouldnt even be posting in this dam forum.

Outkast Studios

HemKhan, let him have his own view. Often people like him becomes the most harcore fan of the game.

• HemKhanHemKhan Member Posts: 231
    Meh, fine........tho it just pissed me off how anyone can say that the graphics are shit and that its gonna suck ever before he gets to play it (what i cant amagine he ever will) image

Outkast Studios

• termitextermitex Member Posts: 8
    The problem with many (if not most) mmorpgs is that they look good on paper, and fail to deliver when they finally come out.  Only a handfull of mmorpgs made it big past their betas.  I don't even think that Guild Wars is in beta stage yet (I couldn't be wrong, because I didn't visit their website in the past two weeks), so saying that it will be the best mmorpg due to no monthly fee, or good graphics, or low system requirements is pointless.   Graphics don't make a game, the game makes the game.  If it's boring, then no eyecandy in the world will save it.  As for free - just take a look at Diablo2 (I know, I know - it's not an mmorpg, but it was close) - it was free, and it attracted lots of lowlifes that felt the need to ruin the game for everyone by duping, hacking, scamming everyone.

• kel11kel11 Member Posts: 1,089

4 words ........ its not out yet!!! So what if the beta is

Change my mind so much I can't even trust it
    My mind change me so much I can't even trust myself

• Red_JibutiRed_Jibuti Member Posts: 61

"(I know, I know - it's not an mmorpg, but it was close) - it was free, and it attracted lots of lowlifes that felt the need to ruin the game for everyone by duping, hacking, scamming everyone."

♫ Same deal with Tribes 2 once they released it free, every time you go to the "construction mod" someone is always trying to crash the server. I say the remedy to this is friends that play, quick updates, and a comments forum that gets answered.

☺Makes me mad that this happens but think of it as a microcosm to society, we have bank robbers and drug dealers, and the worst criminals to human morals ever, but life goes on and we are joyous and we play games, celebrate, humanity overcomes evil.

Edmund Burke: : "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

\_

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    _/

• MalomeisterMalomeister Member Posts: 86

Ya GW will be a very good game.  The PVP is incredible.  It takes all the good features of a MMORPG and makes it into one game.  No Killing Stealing and Camping like that nonsense.  Especially cool no monthly fees and just expansions.  This game will last forever full of fun!  Guild Wars will be great and I suggest to all.

Violence

• llolpgllolpg Member Posts: 7

uh oh

AhLaw379// you forgot one

the clinet is 62kb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg I still can't believe that I don't have to wait for more than 4hours just to download the game in my friend's house!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gogogogo guildwars!

you are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Invincible37Invincible37 Member Posts: 172
    yea...i just wish they coulda made a better way to prevent KS'ing...i mean severing all contact with the gaming comunity besides ur group..kinda makes me feel like im the only one playing lol..but im sure its for the best
  • cooldevocooldevo Member Posts: 371

I wonder what other options their are to prevent kill stealing and camping. This game is by far the best attempt to prevent it, which I applaude. It eliminates things like IGE dominating a market by camping all rare desirable items, and strangling the market. But I difress.

What other options are there other than instancing? I'd personally be interested to hear if there are other viable alternatives...