Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rate the game graphics 1-10.

This is a post to better understand how people feel about the graphics in this game. Personally, I think they are amazing. Everything looks realistic and the detail is extraordinary!

I am definitly looking forward to playing this game!

Rating: 9

Always bring a towel.

Comments

• Squall15Squall15 Member Posts: 454
    Rating: 8
  • LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994
    I would probably rate it at an 8.  The environtments are some of the most colorful and detailed I have seen.  Very green looking.

The character models...bleh.  They seem to be the same as DDO character models.  Very stiff seeming.  From what I have seen of character movements they seem like they have a pole up their ass.

• DralonDralon Member Posts: 38
    Yeah, but I control the pole :)

Graphics 8-9.

• TordenskjoldTordenskjold Member Posts: 16

I think the graphics is pretty amazing

Rating: 9/10

• DarktaniaDarktania Member Posts: 805
      I'd give it a weak 8. But since the game is still in Alpha testing, the graphics may improve some.

• ROOKZ1ROOKZ1 Member Posts: 21

I posted a new LoTRO trailer around here somewhere...  Damn, where'd that go?? 

Oh well, I thought the graphics in the trailer were beautiful and the character movements were actually pretty fluid... and there was a lot of detail to both the game world and characters (one dude's carrying a elvish-looking shield that was just beautiful!  Love to get one for Christmas! )

Based on everything I've seen, I'd give it a 9/10...

• NazarothNazaroth Member Posts: 18
    8-9 as well. I think the games graphics are very, very good for an MMO but I do they think some aspects could be improved. I have been pretty impressed with the buildings and such though, and that slight HDR i've been seeing works really well.

• GaarasenseiGaarasensei Member Posts: 4
    I think the graphics in the game are great. Very detailed, and more based on reality than other mmorpgs. I have friends who tried and were put off of WoW because of the cartoony stylized style in the game. This provides a more realistic alternative to that. I just hope the realism doesn't mean we'll have bland characters and underwhelmingly simple and bland looking armor and clothes. Well I guess none of that answers the topic question so... 9/10.
  • norse25norse25 Member Posts: 98
    I rate the scenery and landscape at a stunning 10

However, I found the toons a tad weaker.  7-8 on the toons.  I sure hope there is some UBER customization for the look of my hobbit.

• Benno89Benno89 Member Posts: 81
    I would say about 8-9 actually.
    But its not always about the graphics, should be good gameplay to ofc.

But i love the graphics to =)
    Its cute, and quiet well made

Looking forward to this game!

AbOO

• Elcattivo50Elcattivo50 Member Posts: 1
    I played it at CG it looks better than Warhammer and Conan but not as good as Spellborn and Vanguard  so a 7 from me. 

• Wartorn[SC]Wartorn[SC] Member Posts: 97
    Game graphics we seen look very good. I would not give it full 10 but I would say between 8.5 and 9.3. The reason why I will not give the 10 is because its still in Alpha haven't seen the full capacity of the engine yet.

• PenedhrynPenedhryn Member Posts: 8

I definetely give it a 9/10, it's a MMORPG so you can't have as many details as in a single-player RPG, else the updates and the connection to the servers will be terribly long and only the best computers will be able to play the game, which is not the aim of such a huge project : LotRO wants to challenge World of Warcraft but I think it will be way better, for sure!

LotRO rules ! ::::24::

• mafiatidemafiatide Member Posts: 7
    i'll give the graphics a 9.5 cause it's middle earth and I think they look fantastic    

• bledbled Member Posts: 6

The game looks great!

A score of 9 from me.

• newage2newage2 Member Posts: 39

Hehe.. I have to agree with the landscape looking better than the toons.

Anyone know what system requirements are like?

Would be pretty neat to try it out on an amd 3800+ with new gfxcard..

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Joined - July 2004

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649
    Looking at the screenshots and the vidoes ill have to rate it 9/10.
    WTG devs

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• TheRedDreadTheRedDread Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Looking at the screenshots, I'm going to rate this 6-7.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    The character modelling is terrible. The environments are incredible. I'd have to give it somewhere in the middle because of that. So, I give it a 7.

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Since they are using the tried and tested AC2/DDO engine, to some degree you already know what to expect....

~ Building interiors "zones."  Rated: 6 (because I do not like zoning into buildings) but also Rated: 8.5 (for nicely designed interiors).

~ Trees and flora, not state-of-the-art but decent enough nevertheless.  Rated: 7 ("flat" planes are very apparent).

~ Overall colorizing.  Rated: 8 (nicely done but not exceptional).

~ Character customization.  Rated: 5 (very lacking).

~ Combat animations.  Rated: 8.5 (surprisingly good, but not motion-capture).

~ Daytime sky.  Rated: 8 (pretty).  Nighttime sky.  Rated: 5 (poorly done).  Nighttime environment with "always daytime" lighting.  Rated: 6 (practical but not very atmospheric).

~ NPC mobs.  Rated: 7.5 (good but not great).

~ Towns, buildings, farms, forts, ruins, etc.  Rated: 8.5 (nicely constructed and laid out).

~ View distance.  Rated: 7 (some annoying mid-range loading).

~ Water surface.  Rated: 7 (nice and sparkly but too transparent).

Overall impression:  7 - 8.5 (if character customization is enhanced most players should be well pleased with the look of the gameworld and getting into the mood of Middle Earth should be rather easy). 

~ Ancient Membership ~

• Balkin31Balkin31 Member UncommonPosts: 224

Originally posted by Yummycake

This is a post to better understand how people feel about the graphics in this game. Personally, I think they are amazing. Everything looks realistic and the detail is extraordinary!
    I am definitly looking forward to playing this game!
    Rating: 9

From what I have read the game is using the DDO game engine...
  • starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

Graphics are about a 7.5

Gameplay is way more important to me.

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• LazzerusLazzerus Member Posts: 99

From what I have seen in the game play trailers, I would give the scenery a 10, it looks pretty dam fantastic to me.
    The characters on the other hand I would have to say 7.5-8ish, not bad but not great.  One thing I hope they to the characters is being able to walk around with your weps sheathed, from what I have seen in the game play trailers it looks like when running around weps just disapear.  I hope this is just an alpha thing and that they will being in sheathed weps in beta or at least before release, walking around middle earth without a wep at your side doesn't seem right to me.  But in closing:
        Scenery: 10
        Character models: 7.5 ~ 8

My opinion matters to everyone...

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077
    Won't know till I've actually played it... and once I've played it I won't be allowed to say :)

I never rate graphics based on trailers or screenshots.  They are misleading.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas