Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest Robs You So Give Them Your Credit Card Number

DKidDKid Member Posts: 76

Im writing this for all the ppl whos thinking of buying a Soe game sony is in charge of the money for.  Think Twice my friends even if you dont want to pay and cancel your billing they still bill you Im even banned from Eq and getting billed they banned me and are still billing me lol they crooks.  Enjoy trying to cancel cause its long distance number as well so they rob you trying to cancel your subscriptions.  With all the high prices we paying in the world already to live thank god theres legal crooks as well robing you like sony.

Comments

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I am writing this for all the people considering buying a game by Sony Online Entertainment. Billing problems are relatively rare. I would know, since I cancel my account after I pay every month so that I have to choose to resubscribe every month. Support services are also available via email and chat. Just go to the Knowledge Base and use the "E-mail Support" or "Chat Support"tabs.

Please also be aware that playing SOE games is NOT the cause of poor spelling, grammar, or punctuation. That's all on you.

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• BobiinBobiin Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by DKid

Im writing this for all the ppl whos thinking of buying a Soe game sony is in charge of the money for.  Think Twice my friends even if you dont want to pay and cancel your billing they still bill you Im even banned from Eq and getting billed they banned me and are still billing me lol they crooks.  Enjoy trying to cancel cause its long distance number as well so they rob you trying to cancel your subscriptions.  With all the high prices we paying in the world already to live thank god theres legal crooks as well robing you like sony.

You can cancell online. 

SOE = Moneyhungry

SOE!= Crooks

--Nyture, Arc Convoker of fironia vie server (EQ) --Retired--
    -- Nytur 39 Conjuror of Lucan D'lere (Quit due to low populations)
    -- Currently playing WoW while waiting for vanguard
    Explorer 66%
    Socializer 60%
    Killer 53%
    Achiever 20%

PLEASE SOE MAKE A CLASSIC EQ SERVER. Shadow of luclin was a prick in EQs side. PoP Was a gun to the face.

• AxeionAxeion Member UncommonPosts: 418

Originally posted by neschria

I am writing this for all the people considering buying a game by Sony Online Entertainment. Billing problems are relatively rare. I would know, since I cancel my account after I pay every month so that I have to choose to resubscribe every month. Support services are also available via email and chat. Just go to the Knowledge Base and use the "E-mail Support" or "Chat Support"tabs.
    Please also be aware that playing SOE games is NOT the cause of poor spelling, grammar, or punctuation. That's all on you.

Um realitivly rare maybe but when it happens its bad very very bad.Heres link to one of the last big problems they had an some are still haveing problems 6th year "bug" ./shrug i knew some who had problems with yearly subscriptions before .. every year.Doubt many will read threw the 41 pages in that thread an follow along how it was delt with an what it actualy took to get SoE to fix the problem.

Neschria also be aware that improper spelling or punctuation does not invalidate a persons point.And when Email suport sends you emails saying sorry for the incoveniance theirs noting we will do. An chat does the same thing your left with calling them.Which does cost you not them.

If you change your credit card number you have to quit your subscription an start another one .When this is done you lose any subscription plan you had an have to pick from whats avalible .

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." — Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant (1933)

• OdenathusOdenathus Member UncommonPosts: 605

Originally posted by Axeion
    Um realitivly rare maybe but when it happens its bad very very bad.Heres link to one of the last big problems they had an some are still haveing problems 6th year "bug" ./shrug

Axeion your putting us into a position of defending Sony <chuckles> something as a EQ fanboi I don't like to have to do... I enjoy the game, not the company.

The billing issues that you are referring to, the 6th year bug is and was bad. It happened because the customers wanted something new in the game and Sony in it's short sightedness could only see Veteran AAs as the way to answer the need. Once they implemented this, yes, several people suffered. But out of appx 400,000 subscribers, the victems were few. True they had to go through hell to be identified and get Sony to move on it, but that was becuase their numbers where few and the problem was complicated by obsolete coding.

i knew some who had problems with yearly subscriptions before .. every year.
    I'm not going to look up your friends and find out just what happened, but the most common cause of this is swapping between game cards, credit cards and/or station pass to single (or the other way around)

If you change your credit card number you have to quit your subscription an start another one .When this is done you lose any subscription plan you had an have to pick from whats avalible .
    and... well... yeah... but you don't have to let Sony know your changing your CC until right before your next billing.. so you can hang onto that billing plan longer. Also, to my knowledge the only billing plan that disappeared was when Sony raised the month rates AND when they offered a special one time price...

Neschria also be aware that improper spelling or punctuation does not invalidate a persons point.
    So very true! Frequently, around here ii implies English is not your first language. For the most part, members are aware of this, and post accordingly... but in some cases, thats just so very hard to believe, some posters posts just tend to reinforce the negative impression rather than a foriegn language...

----------------------------------------
    My dog barks some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type of dog which I have. Perhaps you even picture Toto, from "The Wizard of Oz." But I warn you, my dog is always with me.

• AxeionAxeion Member UncommonPosts: 418

The whole 6th year "bug" made my inner eq fanboy start shaveing /sigh .But from TSR-DanC  ( one of the few people who worked to help get the messed fixed ) "The renewal bug occurred between April 11th and May 16th of 2006. Anyone who's 6 year promo subscription came up for renewal in that time period would close automatically, with information in our system seeming to suggest an error with the customer's credit card. The culprit was later discovered to be a faulty setting on our billing server."

Now this was about a month after the thread got rolling. Most customers who had this happen to them were in turned blamed by SoE as it was their banks fault.Then SoE denied it was their fault an they couldnt give that rate again an gently sugested to the customers to subscribe for 2 years rate an get almost the same deal..they even denied that the deal was recuring at one point.An my favorite part the special web site set up to help resub us didnt work for most people.

Beside all this players who upgraded their acounts to use the new eq players site (maeglo still beats it) lost their subscription plans as well. Some players subscription plans was changed to a higher rate than they picked.

The veterans rewards was not player driven it was a "reward" from SoE to their "loyal" customers .link to the 6th year deal from SoE  an for those realy looking for a play by play who what happend over 2 months Thread from my guilds site. But it was not just a few 100 that had this happen to them more in line with thousands.by the way speeking from experiance once you are not subscribed to eq ( my acount was closed 3 times during this ) you can NOT post on eq boards.

When this offer came up i was real worried about takeing it because i had eq friends an real life friends who had problems with yearly subscriptions.One friend had his acount closed only to find out they never billed him an no ne did not use a game card for his yearly subscription.Real life friend had his credit card stolen an had to change the billing number ,customer service said not to worry he would be billed as normal threw the new number.. his acount closed an was never billed.

hmm  ( looks back over post) good thing im not still bitter or i might rant a bit huh?

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." — Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant (1933)