Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

oh i wish ..

Oh i wish i had a FAX! I got accepted to BETA a week ago or so .. and sadly enough .. i have to FAX and NDA agreement .. weee lucky me got no fax 

Comments

• QaxlorQaxlor Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by rillex
    Oh i wish i had a FAX! I got accepted to BETA a week ago or so .. and sadly enough .. i have to FAX and NDA agreement .. weee lucky me got no fax 

I can think of several places offhand to get something FAXed. Copy places usually have FAX services. I think even Office Max, Office Depot and Staples offer FAX services. Or find a friend with a FAX machine.
  • kylecameron1kylecameron1 Member Posts: 240
    You have to fax a NDA agreement, thats kind of retarded, litteraly. Really who is stupid enough to put out something to keep a vow of silence, people will always find some loophole or just ignore it even if it means givin up their account, how do you get into the beta?

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• zipitzipit Member Posts: 487
    Go to their website and sign up for the beta...

Originally posted by zipit
    Go to their website and sign up for the beta...

I signed up 2 years ago and Ive heard of people who got in on the same day they signed up. LIfe aint fair, but life is going way to far to piss me off even more than I can get pissed off.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• AtohAtoh Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Align LeftReally? then they broke the NDA to tell you that.

Many, many closed beta programs have an NDA, and having you Fax it in means they have your signiture, making it a legal document, that will actually hold up in court (not some check box on a website that says you agree). They need the NDA to keep people from spreading potentially bad things about the current state of the game... it is simply good business sense, and you can't fault FLS for having that.

Hey on the website forums there are a whole bunch of beta testers talking about the game, what they want and dont want, something about some guy in a cannoe attacking a galleon and slaughtering them all because he could fight better, which was a really stupid comment, first what kind of cannoe actually can catch a galleon without getting it by cannons or bullets and board and kill everyone even if hes better at sword fighting. I have also heard people talking about flying labs trying to make the game more of an rpg. They have implemented avatar combat or will so Ive heard. But if thats not against the NDA to talk about whats going on in the game(which it is) than the whole forums wont be deleted. 

• AtohAtoh Member UncommonPosts: 107
    I've been part of the forums as a lurker since '03 and a poster since early '05, and if you mean on the general forum and dev questions forum, all of that is simply speculation, based on Dev posts, interviews, and dev logs. As we are getting closer to release, there are alot of "okay, i signed up for beta, now what" posts, with varying degrees of prowess in the english language- those are simply new people that aren't aware of how the closed beta process works. If anyone from beta posted comments about beta on the public forums (i assume there is a beta forum somewhere as well), they wouldn't be part of beta anymore =)

FLS did release a few months back a big chunk of comments from beta players, both good and critical.

• zimquatszimquats Member Posts: 301

Well, you can always email a fax.  Go to  http://www.rapidfax.com/homepage/index.html or many other places and read through the instructions.  Its simple and if you just need to send one, or not regularly it should be free.

• rillexrillex Member Posts: 14
    I aint got a scanner , is there any way to like ... make the signature on the computer? its an adobe reader .. file pdf

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
      Go to Kinkos and fax it from there, or any place with the services.  Last beta I had to do this for was Shadowbane, hope this game turns out better.

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• XxkarateXxkarate Member Posts: 27
    He got you.

SWG- Left after they ruined it
    WoW- Left after 2 years
    EVE- Left after three days
    Pirates of the Burning Sea will be the cure to my cancer.