Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard Beta 3: Total Lagfest

Comments

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Its Beta.

Yes, there might some lag. Its called a beta TEST for a reason.........they are still MAKING it. Its not the free retail tryout or something.

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

Originally posted by Torak

Its Beta.
    Yes, there might some lag. Its called a beta TEST for a reason.........they are still MAKING it. Its not the free retail tryout or something.

It's beta yes, but it's not like it's going to turn into a perfect optimized game just like this. There are tons of patches added to the beta, but none seem to include much engine optimisation.
  • dacia72dacia72 Member Posts: 80
    First of all is beta - this is the reason of beta to tune up the game and fix the problems. With a nice computer is moving quite ok, avg fps 30 on 1200 res, lot of things to do but the game is great so far.

DAKSHA - the Weaponsmith
    proud member of KDS

SWG- DAKSHA, Quietus, Decebal, Deceneu -retired
    EVE - Daksha - retired
    WOW - Daksha - retired
    COV - Daksha - retired
    EQ2- Daksha - retired
    SOR- Daksha - retired
    Vanguard - Daksha - retired
    LOTRO - Daksha - retired
    AOC - Daksha - retired
    Warhammer - Daksha - retired
    Aion - Daksha -almost retired
    Waiting for SWTOR

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489
    Lag is a huge issue with the Beta, as well as zone boarders and 30 other major issues... AND???? IT'S A BETA!!! And it has 6 MONTHS to go....

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

Originally posted by Phoenixs  There are tons of patches added to the beta, but none seem to include much engine optimisation.

That is just not true.

image image

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

Originally posted by n2sooners

Originally posted by Phoenixs  There are tons of patches added to the beta, but none seem to include much engine optimisation.

That is just not true.

All notes I have seen have no engine fixes in them.
  • n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

Originally posted by Phoenixs

Originally posted by n2sooners

That is just not true.

All notes I have seen have no engine fixes in them.

Doesn't mean they aren't there.

image image

• TattoeTattoe Member Posts: 4
    That scares me. My computer is not the best one but ive played games like WoW and EQ2 on it. So it dont run like it use to. I saw beta footage and it didnt look bad with lag but with my computer... it looks like it is goin to be hell. Im a little scared since I already preordered the game. 

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

You will need a Nvidia 6000+ video card to play this. The 5000's don't work for this game.

• CalbiyumCalbiyum Member Posts: 44
    The lag is bad at first but after a minute or 2 of playing its gone.
  • GnomadGnomad Member Posts: 377

Just for a point of reference the latest video posted at FoH was shot by a dev running a 4800X2 AMD dual core, 2 Gig of ram and a 7800GT. That is the video with the 5 people fighting the Gargoyles in the empty room.

Compare your machine to that machine and decide how it would look on yours unless you drop a grand or so to upgrade. I for one don't plan to drop a cool grand on my computer to play a $59.99 game smoothly.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by Phoenixs

Originally posted by Torak

Its Beta.

It's beta yes, but it's not like it's going to turn into a perfect optimized game just like this. There are tons of patches added to the beta, but none seem to include much engine optimisation.

Well.....I guess they are still working on it then. Let them finish it up before you critize it. Now if was as laggy as it is right now, at release, I could  understand. Post it on the beta forums not here. They will optimis the engine when they are ready.

Don't ever go into a ANY beta expecting anything near a finished product. Thats why you are there, to find the bugs and put up with the additions and changes. The whole point is for you to give constructive FEEDBACK. Its not a free retail period.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Gnomad
    Just for a point of reference the latest video posted at FoH was shot by a dev running a 4800X2 AMD dual core, 2 Gig of ram and a 7800GT. That is the video with the 5 people fighting the Gargoyles in the empty room.
    Compare your machine to that machine and decide how it would look on yours unless you drop a grand or so to upgrade. I for one don't plan to drop a cool grand on my computer to play a $59.99 game smoothly.

so your saying the game is isn't going to improve its performance from now until release? or are you just talking about beta? if so last i checked beta didn't cost anything to play it and if you honestly think they will not be improving the performance from now until the game is released then i will have to strongly disagree.

the game WILL improve its performance between now and release, it has already improved from what it was in beta2. if you want to speculate how its going to run at launch thats fine, but to assume it will not improve between now and then is ludicrous.

• jonakujonaku Member Posts: 281

Originally posted by Tattoe
    That scares me. My computer is not the best one but ive played games like WoW and EQ2 on it. So it dont run like it use to. I saw beta footage and it didnt look bad with lag but with my computer... it looks like it is goin to be hell. Im a little scared since I already preordered the game. 

My advice is to cancel your preorder. This game is fishy and I would NOT put any money against it until it goes live so that you can see what kind of game it REALLY is.

exactly. people must be warned about the insanely high computer requirements needed to run this obese and inefficient app.
  • matraquematraque Member Posts: 1,431

Originally posted by jonaku

exactly. people must be warned about the insanely high computer requirements needed to run this obese and inefficient app.

Wow lag too...
    Server queue... so stupid...
    Days and Days of downtime... impressive.

VSoH can lag, i don't care.  As long as i can play... and i know i will.

eqnext.wikia.com

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Sorry but the Unreal engines are anything but inefficient. Considering this is being made by the man with the best reputation in the industry i find you're statement about it being fishy as being spiteful without any probable cause to make it.

I'm sorry if you can't afford $1400 for a AMDx2 4800+. Maybe you should get a job and quit whining about how this game is only for hardcore players with high end machines. Being a hardcore player with a high end machine i don't really see what the issue is.

Now pleas STFU.

when vanguard hits the retail stores it will not be that big of a file nor will it require a high end computer to run. complianing about system requirements of any game when it is 6 months from release and assuming it will not change and be optimized/polished is freaking unbelievable.

lol its just amazing that you people actually think this is how it is going to be when the game is released, like its not going to get any better...even though its gotten much better even since beta2.

have you guys ever beta tested a game in your entire life? and if so, have you ever beta tested a game where the system specs stayed the same throughout the entire beta process?

vanguard will continue to be optimized all the way until it is released and i can assure you that the file size will not be 20gig at release, again if you have ever beta tested games you would have seen this before.

i don't know how smooth vanguard will run on a medium quality computer at launch, i do know it will not stay the same as it is right now though.....not that it really matters, you guys wont be playing vanguard if it had 60 fps, just another thing for you to come here and complain about i guess.

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

You REALLY don't know WTF you're talking about.... you're just making yourself look stupid... sorry man, but stop bashing about things you just don't know about...

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• FSE-CamelFSE-Camel Member Posts: 32
    Good god, the game isn't even released yet. Is this what we've come down to? Bashing a game right into the ground before it ever even has a chance? The game is IN DEVELOPMENT. I've been a programmer for 13 years, trust me, the codebase at this point is surely volatile. This means any number of seemingly innocuous changes by any given dev could result in lag issues or otherwise that would be felt during testing. I'd recommend going and playing/bitching about something that's real like WoW.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

lol the guy's telling other people to cancel pre-order because beta is lagging?  EQ2 has a heavy system spec, you don't see people running off crying about the spec requirement.  And yes it does lag too, but then again so does WoW (a game supposely not have that much lag due to lower polygons, remember Blizz said that?)

Seriously, there are 2 more betas before the game is even getting closer to being "finished" and retail ready.  If you are crying about how the game is now, you really should save yourself some trouble and stop looking at the beta.  Actually I'm beginning to wonder maybe the guy's just jealous because he hasn't gotten a beta invitation yet :D

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

You Vanbois are amazing. Beta testers are simply reporting that this game requires a good system to play it

And you all all freaking out.

If you are going to freak out every time a beta tester says something, maybe you need to stay off the forums. You obviously can't handle it

Originally posted by ghoul31

You Vanbois are amazing. Beta testers are simply reporting that this game requires a good system to play it
    If you are going to freak out every time a beta tester says something, maybe you need to stay off the forums. You obviously can't handle it

rofl, well said ! :)

Originally posted by ghoul31

haha we are freaking out because your logic is so beyond flawed. so were "vanbois" because were not stupid enough to believe you when you say the game will be the exact same at launch in 6 months as it is now??

do you not see how retarded that is? it has nothing to do with what a beta tester said it has to do with what YOU said. you straight up proved what little you know about how any game is developed by assuming since its getting bad fps right now that in 6 months it will have the exact same performance.

i mean can you please elaborate on that? why do you think it will not change? even though it has already gotten better since beta2? its frustrating when people come in here and say such things when they CLEARLY have absolutely no clue what they are talking about, and the troll agrees with you witch does not surprise me either....freaking amazing ::::12::

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Sorry guys this is going basically nowhere and it began from a post that links to information which may violate Sigil and MMORPG.com's rules regarding NDA's

I remind you all that speculating over how a game might turn out is both fine and encouraged, however releasing or linking to information that may violate NDA agreements on our site is not.

Please take the time to re-read the NDA violation information recently updated and feel free to debate this issue in the thread provided.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/92240

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

This discussion has been closed.