Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pc zone magazine gives lowest rating ever.

herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Thats right .Sadly you need to buy the magazine to read the ratings.

And its a whooping 8% .I never seen a lower rating in pc zone or pcgamer before.New record?

Someone already beat me to it in the offical forum of RV

http://www.roma-victor.com/community/bb/viewtopic.php?t=15328

Comments

• DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088
    It's a good thing I don't trust any other reviews than my own.

---------------------------------------
    No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.

• grinreapergrinreaper Member Posts: 507

Originally posted by hercules

And its a whooping 8% .I never seen a lower rating in pc zone or pcgamer before.New record?

As someone mentioned in that thread, thank god. There was enough hype when this game was released...the last thing I want is more people getting the game who have no idea what they are buying.

Also, you may want to point out this is the Dutch version of pc zone...not exactly the top shelf.

• Ze_RipperZe_Ripper Member Posts: 3
    Is this the same PC Zone that was talking about how great the game concept, the complex crafting and the public humiluation that griefers recive was only a few months ago?

If so it is a massive 180 for them.
  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by Ze_Ripper
    Is this the same PC Zone that was talking about how great the game concept, the complex crafting and the public humiluation that griefers recive was only a few months ago?

yep think they gave the crucifixition a good thumbs up a while back wasn't it.

Anyhow even i don't trust magazine game reviews but the 8% is so low i can't recall any game getting such low rating.Heck even i would never give a game 8% tbh.But RV does deserve a real low rating .

On a side note the post has quickly been locked on RV forum due to the fact that it was followed by people agreeing with the rating(so there are ppl who think worse of the game then me it seems).

So the link will not work now but if you search in community section(assuming you have an account) it is still there for NOW!

Ah, so another group of folks all bitter cuz it wasnt their dream game and didnt cure cancer?

It is starting to look like this game is becoming to the 'immersive sandbox' crowd what Shadowbane was to the PvP crowd. Difference is RB didnt lead people on the way the SB folks did.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by grinreaper

Ah, so another group of folks all bitter cuz it wasnt their dream game and didnt cure cancer?

It is starting to look like this game is becoming to the 'immersive sandbox' crowd what Shadowbane was to the PvP crowd. Difference is RB didnt lead people on the way the SB folks did.

yep did not cure cancer but might be a new form of cancer to the mmorpg genre
  • PraetorianiPraetoriani Member Posts: 1,147

Originally posted by grinreaper

Originally posted by hercules

Also, you may want to point out this is the Dutch version of pc zone...not exactly the top shelf.

Would you mind elaborating what you meant by that?
  • KanothKanoth RedBedlam Comm. Mgr.Member Posts: 295

There will be other reviews when we're ready (as it's suppose to be).  Other magizines and reviewers are patiently awaiting thier log in details.

The thread is still there, it's in the participant boards.  It was not locked because of everyone agreeing with it, out of 12 posts, the original poster and one other person agreed.  The rest were less convienced.

"Rome wasn't coded in a day"
    - Kanoth

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111
    Well Kanoth let's be honest, your forums are visited mainly by people who play the game and thus support it so don't spin things positively. The review was brutal and most people on MMORPG.com agree with it.

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492

Originally posted by Samuraisword
    Well Kanoth let's be honest, your forums are visited mainly by people who play the game and thus support it so don't spin things positively. The review was brutal and most people on MMORPG.com agree with it.

Yes but alot of people on MMORPG havn't played and just give thier opinions from what they see on the outside. So them agreeing with the review doesn't say all that much now does it. As for the ones that do play they complain about silly things like the graphics or the GUI or the time it takes craft. People that play the game complain about these exact same things.

Originally posted by Samuraisword

I wasnt intending to spin things, I was stating that hercules' statement that the thread was locked because everyone was agreeing with it was not true, in fact, the majority were disagreeing.

Dont get me wrong, i'm not saying the game is in perfect condition as it was reviewed, but 8% makes no sense at all, if it were truely 8%, we'd have 10 people playing the game.  lol

- Kanoth

• MraughhMraughh Member Posts: 23
    Kanoth,
    I can't even get the www.roma-victor.com website to open. And I haven't been able to since launch day.
    I am in South America, not sure if this is the reason why or not.
    Any ideas?

• max2008max2008 Member Posts: 91
    Did DnL ever get a lower rating by any magazine or is this a record low for any mmorpg?

Originally posted by Mraughh
    Kanoth,
    I can't even get the www.roma-victor.com website to open. And I haven't been able to since launch day.
    I am in South America, not sure if this is the reason why or not.
    Any ideas?

That's odd.  You may want to contact your ISP.  Or open your command prompt and try a Tracert to see where the connection is having problems.

- Kanoth

Originally posted by max2008
    Did DnL ever get a lower rating by any magazine or is this a record low for any mmorpg?

Has the dutch version of pc zone ever rated a game before? Has anyone ever heard of this mag?
  • JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

Obviously Praetoriani has.

Are you suggesting the Dutch PC Zone copy is less reputable than it's brethren because it's Dutch?

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

I am suggesting that if it is anything like the U.S. versions of these mags, the versions that are published in other countries are a bit 'loose' with their standards. That may be an unfair assumption tho...I am only barely familliar with PC zone in the first place...I dont think they have much of a subscription base across the pond.