Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archlord = complete dissapointment

Well, I got into the beta pretty early on...  I must now say that I am thoroughly dissapointed.  The graphics are NOT that good, even on my very expensive system.  It looks like another cookie cutter grindfest, badly put together Korean RPG.  The movement is EXTREMELY awkward, the gameplay is terrible, and the graphics on the screenshots are EXTREMELY misleading.  This looks like nothing more than a hastily put together money-sucking MMORPG.  I feel sorry for those that have preordered this game.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.  Now I go back to waiting for Darkfall  *sigh*

Comments

• xIMPxxIMPx Member Posts: 191
    People who preorder deserve to get screwed!

• SirBongsAlotSirBongsAlot Member UncommonPosts: 76
    What do you expect from a Korean MMORPG, LOL. They might as well name them all the same ... HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA
  • ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550

Originally posted by MasterFug
    Well, I got into the beta pretty early on... I must now say that I am thoroughly dissapointed. The graphics are NOT that good, even on my very expensive system. It looks like another cookie cutter grindfest, badly put together Korean RPG. The movement is EXTREMELY awkward, the gameplay is terrible, and the graphics on the screenshots are EXTREMELY misleading. This looks like nothing more than a hastily put together money-sucking MMORPG. I feel sorry for those that have preordered this game.If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Now I go back to waiting for Darkfall *sigh*

That ist soo true.
    Im also in the beta.Its just a cheap boring Asia Game with weak Graphics.
    You can play taht crap actually for free in Korea but Codemasters just ripping off people in the whole World.

Do NOT buy any CM MMORPG´s EVER!

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

i just got in beta myself.

played it for a few hours but after about 2 mintues i realized i played it before time and time again in the past just with 20 differnt names.

• GoluhGoluh Member Posts: 374
    I liked this game alot at first because I thought it was like Knight Online but I knew it was gonna be typical Korean ... So I pretty much didn't lay my hopes on this one and hearing from you guys how it brings nothing new and actually annoys you while playing ... LOL! Knew it somehow

• harabasharabas Member Posts: 100

yeah...i dunno why it's just easy for these devs to translate a korean game and dump them on the english world...

with the acclaim company, i like what they are doing with their upcoming title, 2moons( which is based on the game "dekaron"). they have completely rewritten DEKARON to cater the western audience...

• sheek80sheek80 Member Posts: 158

Originally posted by MasterFug
    Well, I got into the beta pretty early on...  I must now say that I am thoroughly dissapointed.  The graphics are NOT that good, even on my very expensive system.  It looks like another cookie cutter grindfest, badly put together Korean RPG.  The movement is EXTREMELY awkward, the gameplay is terrible, and the graphics on the screenshots are EXTREMELY misleading.  This looks like nothing more than a hastily put together money-sucking MMORPG.  I feel sorry for those that have preordered this game.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.  Now I go back to waiting for Darkfall  *sigh*

complain complain complain. serious, u should know better
  • GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
     Yah but the gamplay graphics and everything will be the same in 2moons as its orignal name lol.  Don't expect miracles. If its AZN they won't come.

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• MeonMeon Member Posts: 993

Well...what do you expect from a game that spends more money on advertising than game developing...

• MasterfredMasterfred Member Posts: 94
    This game should be free or at least have a open beta
  • ApocalypticaApocalyptica Member Posts: 491
    I played Archlord at the Games Convention, than got my Beta Key and played it now as well. I found it very dissapointing as well and it does definitely not live up to the hype in my eyes.

------------------------------------------------------
    Do I ever sleep?

• motiv3motiv3 Member Posts: 30

true i got into the beta myself and i was deeply dissapointed. I had high hopes for this game and frankly none of them were fulfilled. yeah sure its in the "beta" phase but still they have  a lot of work to do with it. I just felt that it was another typical "grind fest" and there wasn't any storyline apart from become Archlord, you are the pwnzor..congrats...heres a suite of armor. What after you become Archlord...all i can think of is quitting.

overall, beta was a dissapointment and am broadning my horizons for other MMO's. HERE I COME AoC and WHammer!!!!!!!!

• dragonsfury3dragonsfury3 Member Posts: 4

If your'e not going to use your beta key anymore, do you mind emailing it to me ? 

[email protected]

thx =)

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

Originally posted by Masterfred
    This game should be free or at least have a open beta

I agree with the second part of that.

Archlord is going to have a 'Phase 4' apparently; however with the game slated for release late Sept/early Oct I wonder if there'll be enough time for any kind of 'open beta' to be of any use.

If I somehow manage to obtain any kind of beta key,I will pass it on to someone.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102
    If theres an archlord nda youre in serious trouble.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by grimboj
    Yes they can ban his account...which he isnt using since he hates the game.
  • GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441

Originally posted by grimboj

LOL: I almost fell off my chair reading that funny statement hahahahahah

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• kaikaikaikai Member Posts: 40

Originally posted by SirBongsAlot
    What do you expect from a Korean MMORPG, LOL. They might as well name them all the same ... HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

quoted for truth.

thanks for informing us that it IS a dissapoitment, but really, we arent too surprised.

korean mmorpgs are worthless.

• DaiynDaiyn Member Posts: 9
    If someone got a key they are not using i really would like to have it to test it out..
    Please email it to me on [email protected]
    or PM me on this forum :) thx

• DanovitcheDanovitche Member Posts: 94
    I played it for 2 days or so now and ... well its most a like a direct rip of Lineage 2...
    The grind, the graphics... what ever... same thing.

I am just happy I did not pre-order like I first intended.... did that once... never again

Archlord, I honestly expected more from this game...

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
    Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• SemielSemiel Member UncommonPosts: 94
    If anyone has a key he doesnt need anymore, please free to send me a PM . Thanks!

• curiousg63curiousg63 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I am very glad that I checked this out before buying into the hype. I think some of these games need a free trial prior to buying, If game makers are confident in their product... that wouldnt cost them anything.
  • KremlikKremlik Member UncommonPosts: 716
    tbh if they totally scrap their payment sytem and just went for it's orginal format of a free game with shop based items, it would have a soild payer base.. however as it's stands it's the battle of the wallet, whoever has the most cash wins.. witch is what they hope for but it wont last and players will tie of it quickly, they probly make a bit but not enought to make a huge profit, if it ever hits profit at all..

CM are just out for quick for a quick buck on the current MMO hype, and irronically every MMO they bring out puts more ppl off buying them

Bring on the WARRRRGGHH!

• Azure77Azure77 Member Posts: 355

I ve played every character to 20 , expect for Orc Mage... The pvp is fun, pking is fun, the enchantment system is the best to date. The quests are easy to do , at around 22 , they start giving ya 20% to 50% xp if ya follow the storyline.

The class are better balanced than DAOC , EQ2 or Lineage 2. Each has thier strength , and each can defeat each other in pvp , there is no downtime. Customization is better than Vanguard , gameplay is better than Vanguard , its about millions times funner than Vanguard, Lineage 2 , EQ2 and DAOC.

The mounts look really good , there is mounted combat , castle siieges , instanced dungeon , no downtime for travel , you can get help from folks in the game (in Vanguard your basically isolated from everyone , there was maybe 3 good hunting spots and it took me 3 hours to get to the next town..... Vanguard reminds of Kansas....)

The pricing system is gonna be nice when they finalize it too. 9.99 for the lowest price.

I think ya ll are a bunch of racist that havent played the game to at least 25 to see alot of the good stuff. Western MMORPGs suck at PVP , sieges , and downtime.

Warhammer sounds like DAOC remake O.o , havent seen much from Conan but Vanguard blows goat in every aspect.

• mlauzonmlauzon Member UncommonPosts: 767

I have to agree with the OP, this game does not deserve a monthly fee to play it should be F2P with a cash item shop...it's a Korean grind fest. Graphics are subpar even when you've got everything set to High, etc. Everytime you attack a monster it uses the same screaming type sound everytime you hit it.

--
    Michael