Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XI: 1,400 Cheaters

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Square Enix announced today that they had banned or suspended 1,400+ accounts for breaking the EULA and using third party tools in-game.  The "bust" went down yesterday, August 30th:

Today, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools within FINAL FANTASY XI to enable abnormal in-game movement were discovered and have been suspended or permanently terminated.

Based on the results of an investigation, over 1,400 PlayOnline accounts have been either suspended or terminated on Aug. 30, 2006 for the malicious and intentional use of these third-party tools.

We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools will not only destroy the in-game balance, but will also encourage RMT (real money trading) activities. We will continue to take strict actions against those individuals that we have confirmed to have used such tools.

Please note that some of these third-party tools may cause character information to be altered, erased, or personal information to be leaked to unwanted third parties. If you come across a third-party tool over the Internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be.

To ensure our customers could enjoy the game safely, we will continue to apply measurements to combat these third-party tools and violations.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.

For more on Final Fantasy XI click here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• TheKrakenTheKraken Member Posts: 154
    I applaud their action, or should I say, reaction.   Doesn't make me want to play their game anymore than before, but I still admire them enforcing their own rules.  I wish it happened more often.
  • sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606
    I played FFXI for years until the GIl farmers crupted.... im glad you guys are finaly taking actions towards these ppl that ruin the games we enjoy. ill never play a sony made game agian however great job on the start of a miserable future with these ppl that weve come to hate

• HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    EAT THAT, CHEATERS 

• ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511

Look guys, Square Enix idea of a malicious 3rd party program is FFXI Windower. All it does is places FFXI in a Window so many players can look at guides without having to quit the game every time they alt tab.

• MasterfredMasterfred Member Posts: 94

W00T about time they took action

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Obiyer
    Look guys, Square Enix idea of a malicious 3rd party program is FFXI Windower. All it does is places FFXI in a Window so many players can look at guides without having to quit the game every time they alt tab.
    For the simpler macro programs a game must be windowed for it to work. Also I doubt they (Squenix) ban for only windowing ffxi, also I think 1400 sounds a bit low when considering how many accounts there are.

Gil/rare-farming companys have already ruined the economy beyond repair (except on new server iirc).

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441

Originally posted by JelloB2000

Originally posted by Obiyer
    For the simpler macro programs a game must be windowed for it to work. Also I doubt they (Squenix) ban for only windowing ffxi, also I think 1400 sounds a bit low when considering how many accounts there are.

Gil/rare-farming companys have already ruined the economy beyond repair (except on new server iirc).

If you doubt they would bann for something so stupid then you underestimate how rediculously retarded companies can be :)

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• ApocalypticaApocalyptica Member Posts: 491
    We just had a big clean up in UO as well a couple of month ago. Sadly these peeps come back straight away with different account and carry on quite happily. Was nice for a few weeks thoughs as we did not see any script farmers about :)

------------------------------------------------------
    Do I ever sleep?