Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone heard of this Space mmorpg?

outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Emperium Online

Wonder why its not on the list here.

Looks pretty good

Comments

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599

Right, looks quite good...

And according to FAQ it could be pure kill blow to EVE

But so early in development....

Another waporware ?

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
    Muhahaha its got alot of SWg precu without the SOE

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Looks very good indeed. maybe finally some space mmorpg competition for EVE online?

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    It will squash Eve if only for one reasion.... YOU CAN LEAVE YOUR DAM SHIP!

Aparently they are shooting for the ability to walk inside space stations and ships.

"who-woulda-thunk-it"

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

This one feature will likely ensure it stays a very very niche game:
    Newtonian Physics

While I love realism and enjoyed Frontier MOST MMORPG players are NOT going to want to have to deal with force vectors and newtonian physics... YIKES!!!  Even though I like the realism using newtonian physics makes "game play" very challenging.

Also makes me think this may be an First Person type game because in a 'point and click' driven game you wouldn't use them.

Case in point... most people who played frontier used this philosophy:
    Get the biggest monster ship you can and just run enemies over with it.  Because trying to dogfight was next to impossible.

And:  I know this is coming:
    Jumpgate is NOT Newtonian Physics... it's PARTIAL Newtonian Physics.  It's kiinda like "Newtonian Physics with MASSIVE drag factor" making it almost like atmospheric flight... but not quite.

FPS Space games do best when they throw a little realism out the window and go with atmospheric flight models like the X-Wing games and Wing Commander games did in the 90's.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• ApocalypticaApocalyptica Member Posts: 491
    That would be a nice mmorpg to try out. Hope it makes it to the Beta :)

------------------------------------------------------
    Do I ever sleep?

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    Sharp looking ships too!!

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353
    Very nice ships indeed, the engine is very impressive. It's pretty small-ship based though so kinda like vendetta-online or Jumpgate type thing.

Only downside is that newtonian physics + lag = SPLAT!! 9 times out of 10

We'll see though, certainly farther along than Infinity is though.

• HorashioHorashio Member Posts: 33

They seem to be having issues with their web site's stability and connectivity.   Sounds like they are a real power house.   I'm sure CCP is pretty shaking in thier shoes.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Im not having issues. And it does say on the site.

"We apologize for the downtime, it is due to our connection move as we
    promised earlier. It should overall be faster and much more stable now."

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    Eve Online is a different type of game.  Apples and oranges.  You cant compare Eve to Emporium.  Eve has nothing to worry about. 
    Emperium is a twitch game, Eve is a point click game.

• Originally posted by outfctrl
    Sharp looking ships too!!

Yeah, some of those look pretty cool...unlike the ships in EVE which look like antique dildos, choo-choo trains, and half-eaten loafs of french bread.

I don't know if you guys have seen this game but it has some really excellent artwork as well...this is what EVE Online shoulda/coulda/woulda looked liked if they had any kind of talent in their art department!