Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArchLord: NDA Lifted

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Here's one from Wednesday that slipped through our fingers until today:

According to the game's official forums, the Non-Disclosure Agreement for ArchLord has been lifted:

Hey Guys,

NDA has been lifted for all

Mr.Ktat

"Why would I ever want to run Disney? Wouldn't it make more sense just to sell them Pixar and retire?"

-- Steve Jobs, Fortune, Feb. 23, 2004

"What say we kick it a nickle...?" -- Brian O'Conner, 2 Fast 2 Furious, 2003

For more on ArchLord click here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• MisterJawMisterJaw Member Posts: 49

I've been playing this game for about a week.

Nothing new to see here as far as gameplay goes folks, though I must admit that the community was SUPERB.  This represents the best of the Asia-to-North America MMORPGs I've played yet.  It reminds me a lot of Horizons, but with nicer graphics and a softer feel to the world.  Every quest I did involved FedEx or "Kill XX mobs, return for your reward."  None too deep, I'm afraid.  8/

When devs can offer a game that is based upon BethSoft's The Elder Scrolls game mechanics, but offered as an MMORPG, then the EQ formula will meet its rightful successor.

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289

Why did they even need a NDA? The game has been out in Korea for a long time. Was a NDA really necessary for a localization?

I will start with this quote:

"One of the most appealing features is it’s ability to accommodate both
    the hardcore PvP fan as well as those looking for more solo action in a
    quest based game. Players will find themselves able to take part in
    massive real time battles between guilds accommodating hundreds of
    players."

Archlord's pvp works pretty much like L2's original pvp system. The penalties (much higher chance to drop your items and a large exp penalty for death) for going red are so harsh that nobody dares to attack another player. Instead everyone will just stand around waiting for someone to go red. Nobody will actually go red, and a lot of time will be wasted. The massive pvp is another joke just like l2. The client will only show players within a few feet of your character.  This doesn't help much because the game still lags horribly.

The game's content is 49% fedex and kill 20 wolves type quests. The other 50% is a painful korean leveling grind. The missing 1% is pvp action.