Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

then what...

Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

ok as of now the only profession that is sort of almost very close to complete is the BH

after you reach lvl 90 you can hunt pvp targets for money (if a better hunting system where any one can put marks on any one else for fun (with large delays to avoid greifing)

any other prof once you reach lvl 90... its over... grind items.. once you have them... then what

smugler.... system based on pve quests etc... jedi... lvl 90 jedi nothing to do exept.... look for pvp to get hunted... maybe once the GCW is restored they will have a role.. but its been wowified... lvl 90 game ends.

/discuss

Comments

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    The only endgame SWG has EVER had was Player Events. Now that those are all but dead...

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

ok as of now the only profession that is sort of almost very close to complete is the BH
    after you reach lvl 90 you can hunt pvp targets for money (if a better hunting system where any one can put marks on any one else for fun (with large delays to avoid greifing)
    any other prof once you reach lvl 90... its over... grind items.. once you have them... then what
    smugler.... system based on pve quests etc... jedi... lvl 90 jedi nothing to do exept.... look for pvp to get hunted... maybe once the GCW is restored they will have a role.. but its been wowified... lvl 90 game ends.

/discuss

Think NGE.... you have to stop thinking of the once diverse sandbox game.

They do not want you to think, read or want to be different.  

If you never did space, then try it -- it is the last great frontier of the old game kinda......well kinda...

It is not your Saga anymore... so go do what everyone else is doing...lol

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    The BH pvp part is rather non-fulfulling either. There is no challenge.

But I guess it apeals to some people. Problem is, there's no real reward, since the system is too volatile. Targets don't care about the BH in even slightest. Clone and move on. It's even faster than fighting.

BH will become alpha griefers if they are allowed to affect faction rank. That will be then changed in the most apropriate way.

Money? Well, at one point, getting the nice lump of sum for taking down a high-ranked knight was rewarding. The sum would cover armor replacement for example. Now money is worth less than tatooine sand. And with 98% of bounties in the 25-50k range, it's really not worth it. Other bounties are runners or house sitters.

The best, and perhaps most rewarding thing, is clone camping. And while I'm not a griefer, I imagine that this is the only thing left that can give someone genuine satisfaction. There's a certain perverted sense of pissing someone off, when in reality neither profits or loses. Yet people will flip out over it. Other than that, there just isn't anything.

Of course, you can role-play of being a might BH, stalking your target and all that, but with the pvp leetspeak, it's not worth it anymore.

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

Originally posted by Rekrul
    The BH pvp part is rather non-fulfulling either. There is no challenge.

But I guess it apeals to some people. Problem is, there's no real reward, since the system is too volatile. Targets don't care about the BH in even slightest. Clone and move on. It's even faster than fighting.

BH will become alpha griefers if they are allowed to affect faction rank. That will be then changed in the most apropriate way.

Money? Well, at one point, getting the nice lump of sum for taking down a high-ranked knight was rewarding. The sum would cover armor replacement for example. Now money is worth less than tatooine sand. And with 98% of bounties in the 25-50k range, it's really not worth it. Other bounties are runners or house sitters.

The best, and perhaps most rewarding thing, is clone camping. And while I'm not a griefer, I imagine that this is the only thing left that can give someone genuine satisfaction. There's a certain perverted sense of pissing someone off, when in reality neither profits or loses. Yet people will flip out over it. Other than that, there just isn't anything.

Of course, you can role-play of being a might BH, stalking your target and all that, but with the pvp leetspeak, it's not worth it anymore.

unless they put it in the hands of the players... players put in the money and the bounty for any reason they see fit.

you dont like the guy in the cantina cuz he has red hair? ok good put a bounty on him of 4 billion credits (that come out of your pocket) any number of BHs can picks the mission from terminal first one to kill him gets the 4 billion credits. if the sponsor sees that its taking to long he can 1 take off the bounty and recover his 4 bil or up the price to 8 gazillion credits. it would encourage competition betwen BHs themselves and targets.

make the hunt worthwile and BH will have something to do.

EVE did it... why cant SWG?

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Here's why

(and a little thing called griefing...)

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961

unless they put it in the hands of the players... players put in the money and the bounty for any reason they see fit.

you dont like the guy in the cantina cuz he has red hair? ok good put a bounty on him of 4 billion credits (that come out of your pocket) any number of BHs can picks the mission from terminal first one to kill him gets the 4 billion credits. if the sponsor sees that its taking to long he can 1 take off the bounty and recover his 4 bil or up the price to 8 gazillion credits. it would encourage competition betwen BHs themselves and targets.

make the hunt worthwile and BH will have something to do.

Money is worthless in SWG. 1 mil or 1 bil or 1 gazillion. It's still worthless.

And EvE doesn't have that good of a pvp. It's a gold mine for genuine griefers. There are great battles, but if you just scan fan pages, the most elaborate ones are the bh guilds. They like destroying stuff, and they are proud of griefing. They also enjoy going above and beyone the game, by advertising TS rage and more. The stories of ingame scams are also out there, along with plenty of extremly unhealthy social behaviour.

Eve is a dog eat dog desperado world. Star Wars universe can be harsh, but it's not even remotely close the that.

This model doesn't fit into SWG. SWG duels as depicted in movies weren't about ownage. If anything, they were about either epic battles, or individual duels, where the skill was measured. Another difference compared to EvE is that there it's about money. It takes money to build a killer fleet, after that you're unstoppable until someone with more monay comes around.

Once again, not case with SWG. Greedo was only after money. Yet he didn't bring in a gank squad with star destroyer above him. He went in, one on one. So once again, that model of absolute dominance doesn't work. At least not at this level.

And the player set bounty system in SWG is horrible. Plenty of people put bounty on themselves, then sit in houses until it expires just to grief the BH.

BH in SW do not do it for pleasure. There are exceptions, but all the BH depicted are doing a job. They don't have motives, they don't go for the treasure. Perhaps the closest case is doing it for the challenge. But just like most other characters, they do it to make a living or to fulfill some higher goal, over which they have no control. Even Anakin's slaughters were in the name of the would-be emperor. Slaughter of tuskens wasn't really an assasination deal, but it was still entirely personal. Slaugher ot the Jedi temple was under propaganda of Palpatine. Same with the final battle on Mustafar.

Eve on the other hand has completely different background.
  • ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

smugler.... system based on pve quests etc... jedi... lvl 90 jedi nothing to do exept.... look for pvp to get hunted... maybe once the GCW is restored they will have a role.. but its been wowified... lvl 90 game ends./discuss

SWG was never about my profession for me when I was skill maxed. I did the same thing I do now (and I am not even CL 90 yet). That is alittle of this and a little of that. Yesterday morning I spent optimizing the parts on my fighter and tweaking. The morning before that I spent surveying. Last night I spent flying, sometimes I quest. Sometimes I just hang out and screw around with one of my houses, sometimes I get together with guildies and do an impromptu event.

You seem to think of SWG like EQ, EQ2, WoW, or any other standard level based MMO where everyone gets fixated on grind and once that is over it's combat for nothing which means "I'm bored, this game has no endgame!". Quit focusing on the uber loot, and getting to that next level. SWG is not only about combat (however it is A LOT more about it now) and never was.

If you sit and do nothing but focus on what level you are, how much experience you have, or do nothing but combat to try to raise your character when that experience bar won't go up anymore you are gonna be bored.

Grab some guildies and do some roleplay. Grab some guildies and do a raid or event for the lower level players or guildies. Go do some flying in space, there are plenty of stations with plenty of quests if you need developer created content for entertainment. Change factions and do the otherside. There is still plenty of things to do in SWG, mostly the same things that were there since the game launched.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• WyethWyeth Member Posts: 51

And EvE doesn't have that good of a pvp. It's a gold mine for genuine griefers. There are great battles, but if you just scan fan pages, the most elaborate ones are the bh guilds. They like destroying stuff, and they are proud of griefing. They also enjoy going above and beyone the game, by advertising TS rage and more. The stories of ingame scams are also out there, along with plenty of extremly unhealthy social behaviour.

Eve is a dog eat dog desperado world. Star Wars universe can be harsh, but it's not even remotely close the that.

I can attest to the griefing part.  My brother went to EvE right after the CU.  He was unguilded and working daily to get himself a Cruiser.  After having mined for weeks to get enough Isk (credits) to get the ship and outfit it, he was sitting in a .8 sector and someone warped in targeted him and blew him up and warped out.  No warning, no pay or die, nothing.  I'm sure it was "fun" for the role-playing pirate/griefer but he had enough of that grind, logged out and cancelled his account within 5 minutes.

He didn't see the point in spending more time earning the money and re-equipping just to get griefed again.

Zadox - Chilastra 12/1/03-6/3/05 Master Rifleman, Master Scout, Master Ranger.

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Originally posted by Wyeth

I can attest to the griefing part.  My brother went to EvE right after the CU.  He was unguilded and working daily to get himself a Cruiser.  After having mined for weeks to get enough Isk (credits) to get the ship and outfit it, he was sitting in a .8 sector and someone warped in targeted him and blew him up and warped out.  No warning, no pay or die, nothing.  I'm sure it was "fun" for the role-playing pirate/griefer but he had enough of that grind, logged out and cancelled his account within 5 minutes.

He didn't see the point in spending more time earning the money and re-equipping just to get griefed again.

I call BS. 0.8 is a high sec system, meaning concord patrols the system and will blow up anyone that tries to kill someone.

Your brother probably went to 0.4 sec or lower and got his ass blown up. In any case, im glad there are so many pirates in eve. They work as a sort of filter for the stupid and undeserving.

My eve career has been going for about 2.6 years now of which 60% of the time i was living in 0.0. I was never ganked or griefed. All griefers and pirates do is capitalize on peoples stupidity. The idiots that jump into low sec space without scouting or using the scanners and maps for instance.

And whats this about unhealthy social behaviour? Its just a game you know..

• BlazinBladesBlazinBlades Member Posts: 1,214

/discuss

I am sorry if you do not have anything to do, but for myself I am still doing the exact sort of things that I did before the NGE. Everyone else I know who still play are doing all the same sort of things they did. And I have talked to a lot of former players who no longer play because of SOE and the NGE, and they even admit that they can still do all the same sort of things that they were doing in the past. I have played WOW and the end game is exactly that, the end game, there is nothing at all to do in WOW at the end, you can not even role play like you can with SWG. As I said I am sorry that you do not have anything to do, hopefully you will be able to find a game that allows you to do what you want to do, but I don’t know of any right now. Thank you for your time.

Damn byotch dat aint no friggn moon fool, dat be a friggn space station byotch.

• majochmajoch Member Posts: 599

I'm sorry too.  I used to like going out and getting a backpack full of the best DNA samples, hides, meats I could lay my hands on so I could mess around and see if I could pull off a Biological Engineered masterpiece. I'm not seeing that option available at the moment. Hey have a nice day regardless...