Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Wish.........

I had enough memory to play this game without it lagging every time I shoot a gun. Anyways why does in need 1GB of ram when i can play planetside with no lag??? plz someone answer me

Comments

• dunny33dunny33 Member Posts: 141
    cause its not planetside and therefore has different system requirments

• MMHELMMHEL Member Posts: 313
    i know its a diffrent game and if the system reqs are higher then planetside which has more people and better graphics then WWIIOL must have a poorly buily engine to need 1gb to run smoothly
  • spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

What can you see and kill 6000meter away in planetside ? i guess only smog and no players

thats one of the reason you need quiete a good system  - you are right the engine is quiete old its developed in the 90ies but the progress and development up to now is huge

• dunny33dunny33 Member Posts: 141

Originally posted by MMHEL
    i know its a diffrent game and if the system reqs are higher then planetside which has more people and better graphics then WWIIOL must have a poorly buily engine to need 1gb to run smoothly

Its also 2 years older and not worked on by a ton of people like SOE can afford to pay.  Ya the engine sucks and I dont know how long you have played the game but trust me its a hell of a lot better than it was when I started a few years ago.
  • FadeFade Member Posts: 419
    another thing that lags the game is the insane amount of phyics calculations being done in a matter of seconds.  theres a post somewheres that shows all the events occuring when a APHE round from a Stug3g hits a crusader 3 (i believe it was that tank).

they are working on a new engine and in the meantime a new renderer should be released.  there are also many posts that advise how to tweak your system and game for maximum performance.

proud member of BKB http://www.bkbhq.com/

• swiftboy36swiftboy36 Member Posts: 2
    this game sounds interesting, however i have only one question to ask, is this game free, or do you have to pay a monthly fee, or pay per time played on the game.

just wandering because i havent seen anywere that this game is a free MMO.

Alex

its p2p,  it says so on this site as well if you checked.

• grinreapergrinreaper Member Posts: 507

Originally posted by dunny33

Originally posted by MMHEL
    Its also 2 years older and not worked on by a ton of people like SOE can afford to pay.  Ya the engine sucks and I dont know how long you have played the game but trust me its a hell of a lot better than it was when I started a few years ago.

Dont get me wrong, I love WW2OL...but these days I have 10 bucks that says CRS has more people working on this game than SOE has on PS
    last i heard the CRS dev team consisted of 10 people.

• eckeecke Member Posts: 23

KFS1 (server/host coder)
    RAMP (UI/database)
    GOPHUR (producer)
    KILLER (producer)
    RICKB (client coder)
    JAEGER55 (client coder)
    MARTINI (client coder)
    CODEC (client coder)
    ANIMAL (3D/animation)
    TOTO (3D/animation)
    DOC (terrain)
    BLOO (support)
    RAFTER (PR)

yea unity II won't be out for quite some time but its not that necessary.  the gameplay is much more important than the eye candy, and i believe most of the playerbase will agree with me on that.  the one thing everyone is looking foward to is the new rendering engine which jaeger is working on.  it was suppose to come out last patch but it wasn't ready.

• eckeecke Member Posts: 23
    Oops I forgot a couple, added to list:

KFS1 (server/host coder)
    RAMP (UI/database)
    GOPHUR (producer)
    KILLER (producer)
    MAYPOLE (CEO)
    RICKB (client coder)
    JAEGER55 (client coder)
    MARTINI (client coder)
    CODEC (client coder)
    ANIMAL (3D/animation)
    TOTO (3D/animation)
    GRANIK (3D/animation)
    DOC (terrain)
    BLOO (support)
    RAFTER (PR)
    BABLE (support/PR)
    Intern: Georgh (sound)
  • SparreSparre Member Posts: 257
    FOGOBAN, isn't he an employee too nowdays?

• Dragao55Dragao55 Member Posts: 22
    Maybe WW II  shoud stay a lilte more in testing is a nice game but they are  always doing something in the game and is a lilte " dirty " yuo wanna play but no they are doing something ....oh well....

ps: sorry bad english

Have Fun