Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ever since i made my new PC i havn't been able to play this game....

scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

I just preordered a new GPU btw, x1950xtx.

Core duo 6700
gigabyte dq6
1gb corsair ram
10k rpm 16mb cache WD raptor HDD
geforce 7900gt gainward golden sample 512mb.

I mean i can play every game on maxed out including oblivion but with EQ2 i come into the game and get graphics corruption on the game :( Every game but EQ2 and B&W2 is working fine but it's annoing :(

I've tried different and the newest drivers but they just seem to make performance worse, i can run CSS at 236fps in game maxed out so nothings wrong with any of the hardware.

I'm just stuck? Do i wait for EQ2 to be patched or new drivers?

---------------------------------------------
Don't click here...no2

Comments

• slapme7timesslapme7times Member Posts: 436

that is one tight pc...

could you help me out with something tho?

how do you pick your ram speed, when you want to match mhz with your pc, if you know you'll overclock both...

then your way off the map once your oc is done...

7950 is way better than x1950xtx btw :)

--people who believe in abstinence are unsurprisingly also some of the ugliest most sexually undesired people in the world.--

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

Originally posted by slapme7times

that is one tight pc...
    could you help me out with something tho?
    how do you pick your ram speed, when you want to match mhz with your pc, if you know you'll overclock both...
    then your way off the map once your oc is done...
    7950 is way better than x1950xtx btw :)

Its 800mhz corsair ram, cost alot so i brought 1gb ram to upgrade later on when i need 2gb.

Also Gamespot did a test of x1950 crossfire vs 7900gtx SLI and the crossfire beat it hands down, uses gddr4 now. I don't like geforce anyways lol so the 7950 dont bother me :) Altho im guessing the x1950xtx came pretty close or even beat the 7950 seeing how much it beat the other card by

Don't click here...no2

• napalmswebnapalmsweb Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Since this graphic corruption you talk about isn't a common issue (at least I have never heard of it), I wouldn't wait for a patch. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? And what exactly is graphic corruption, in your case? Can you give a specific example or provide a screen shot?

Originally posted by napalmsweb
    Since this graphic corruption you talk about isn't a common issue (at least I have never heard of it), I wouldn't wait for a patch. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? And what exactly is graphic corruption, in your case? Can you give a specific example or provide a screen shot?

Looks like this:

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/1624/battleofthegods2006082120372246pj9.jpg

EQ2 one isnt as bad i just get weird colours and then when i exit the game my res just keeps going to reset a million times till reset.

It only happens on garys mod,EQ2 and B&W2 so far no other games r effected.

Don't click here...no2

• RinicRinic Member Posts: 715
    I've heard about people having trouble when using dual core processors.

Don't know how to fix it though.

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621
    With the dual core (which I THINK SOE has patched already) you have to start EQII then in taskmanager go to the everquest2.exe process, right click and set affinity. I don't have to do this with my dual core but I have the athalon not the Duo (which is newer...and Intel). Try it and see what happens.
  • terrifiedterrified Member Posts: 143

Originally posted by scaramoosh

Core duo 6700
    gigabyte dq6
    1gb corsair ram
    I mean i can play every game on maxed out including oblivion but with EQ2 i come into the game and get graphics corruption on the game :( Every game but EQ2 and B&W2 is working fine but it's annoing :(

I've tried different and the newest drivers but they just seem to make performance worse, i can run CSS at 236fps in game maxed out so nothings wrong with any of the hardware.

i had the very same issue it seemed to have been the ram controller of my motherboard and the graphics corruption stopped after i replaced it (was using an abit motheboard at the time and now i'm using a asus and having no probs whatsoever)

Originally posted by terrified

Originally posted by scaramoosh

Core duo 6700
    gigabyte dq6
    1gb corsair ram

i had the very same issue it seemed to have been the ram controller of my motherboard and the graphics corruption stopped after i replaced it (was using an abit motheboard at the time and now i'm using a asus and having no probs whatsoever)

It wont be that, its the fact core duo processors are new and new a patch or 2 lol. Just waiting for nvidia new beta drivers and i downloaded microsofts hotfix 3 for the dual cores.

Don't click here...no2

• hertinhertin Member Posts: 31

Hi there try posting this in the tech forum of EQ2 .I noticed a friend of mine also had a similar issue with the new conroe on some games.I think its so new that some games are not optimized for them yet.

On a side note you really should not have such a nice rig with just 1gb.With the new vista coming out people are going for 2gb as minimum and some going for 3 or 4gb!

Well i've preordered some corsair xms2 dominator ram. Really expensive so i didnt wanna waste lots of money on the first bit of ram i got

£470 here :( 896.070 USD

Don't click here...no2

Originally posted by hertin

Hi there try posting this in the tech forum of EQ2 .I noticed a friend of mine also had a similar issue with the new conroe on some games.I think its so new that some games are not optimized for them yet.
    On a side note you really should not have such a nice rig with just 1gb.With the new vista coming out people are going for 2gb as minimum and some going for 3 or 4gb!

Plus i dont plan on upgrading to Vista cause i downloaded the beta and i dont like it + very buggy release

Don't click here...no2

• TrullynTrullyn Member Posts: 9

That looks like that may even be a hardware issue.

I myself had an eVGA 7900gt CO 256mb, that was having trouble with EQ2 and several other new games. Getting red and blue pixels, tearing, and artifacts.

I ended up having to RMA the card and got a replacement upgraded card, apparently they weren't designed well enough originally.

You sound like you know what you're talkin about, and may even be in the same boat as me, try out one of your old video cards or a friends and see if those work fine, then you can be sure it's a GPU problem. Also, check out their support, contact them and see if it's a known issue. Never heard of Gainward golden sample, heh.

btw, my comp is an AMD 4400+ 1mb L2 cache, 2 gigs OCZ RAM, 7200 16mb cache WD Caviar, and the new video card

It's not a hardware issue.

In most games they run fine! I can run Oblivion on maxed out with great FPS, i can run CSS maxed out with 236 FPS and many other games.

ONly a few games that dont support dual cores im having problems with

Don't click here...no2

• TrullynTrullyn Member Posts: 9

Unfortunate I guess, my processor is dual core and never had problems, check out the intel site and see if there are any drivers available?

Just tossin ideas out there, computers are ugly.