Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

things that bug me

apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

No widescreen support? I have a nice 19" widescreen monitor that is forced to stretch this game and it looks like it's stretched. Not good for a new game to not support widescreen.

Navigation
Point and click is fine.. while I would rather NOT use it, it feels fine in this game. However, the pathing stinks. If I'm on top of a hill and click down to the ridge side of the hill, it seems like the client would try to logically path there w/o me having to multi click around objects just to get somewhere. WASD is also in the game, but AD aren't functional strafe keys like traditional WASD controls. I ended up not using it because it felt so awkward.

Quests
Go to location, kill x creatures, return to me
Go to location, retrieve item by killing x creatures
Go to person, deliver item

Very boring and uninspired quest system.

Pot spam healing ftw. While I realize they're HoT pots, the timer on them is very short. I can't imagine that in the high end game when you have a huge health pool and equally as impressive pots that it won't end up being a pot spam contest.

I haven't played beta that much because it's annoying playing on a stretched screen and quite honestly, if they don't support widescreen, there's no way I'm spending a dime on the game.

I should add that I have an AMD 2600, 1 GB RAM, GeForce 6800 GS OC 256MB and was able to turn everything up and the game ran fine (but stretched!).

so...

Comments

• anakinsellaanakinsella Member UncommonPosts: 228

Originally posted by apocalance

Quests
    Go to location, kill x creatures, return to me
    Go to location, retrieve item by killing x creatures
    Go to person, deliver item
    Very boring and uninspired quest system.
    WoW made this type of questing acceptable by millions, now no one will even try to make more intriguing quests.
    Pot spam healing ftw. While I realize they're HoT pots, the timer on them is very short. I can't imagine that in the high end game when you have a huge health pool and equally as impressive pots that it won't end up being a pot spam contest.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but there are no healing classes in the game. This is just the style of the game. Some games have healing classes, some more fast paced games rely on pot spamming. There is no difference between having a healbot in combat spamming heals, and having pots.

Now i'm not really a fan of this game, just playing devil's advocate. I found the game to be a L2 clone in the finest form, but why play that when i could play L2 when the new server comes out.
  • AlkanphelAlkanphel Member Posts: 132

I am still uncertain with this MMO. Please keep in mind I am only lvl 6 and just started the Beta August 29th

1. The Graphics- look very nice, but not as perfect they could be

2. I do not need a healer

3. I do not have to sit on the ground for countless Min. Just to get mana or life back (Right Click on mana pot or heal pot)

4. Quest - You recieve a quest, you get the item or kill x many creature. Then return it to same NPC or a different NPC for exp and gold (This is the same for practically every mmo...this will probably never change IMO) Some quests you have to walk/run a long ways just to complete...Thank the gods for there little return to village scrolls. Oh and Quests are extremely easy right now becasue they show up on your mini map, so you know where exactly to go, or where an item you need is at. I can see this game being a grind if new things are not added. That being said, all quests are complete and you need to grind to your next lvl then maybe a quest or 2 might open.

5. The testers right now seem in good spirit, but there are probably some PKers out in the world somewhere looking for there next victim.

6. Solo- If things seem to stay the same which I am not to sure if it will, but you could probably solo to 60. I need to research this more.

7. Grammer- I have already incountered some grammer problems. I don't know how they are translating some of this stuff, but I hope they are not using freetranslation.com

I have only seen a little of this MMO so far, and for the limited races, classes, crafting and such it could turn into a good MMO (Still we are talking about a Korean based game, which in fact practically all of them only have 3 playable races)...like I say could. I approach games not to compare them to any of the other genre out there that is already being played.  

• WewelsburgWewelsburg Member Posts: 4

I havent tried it and probably never will. I just looked at the pictures and knew this wasn't for me. I saw a picture of some moonelf and she looked like a 10 year old girl(with cat ears) and her sword was bigger than a car!

• Zerocool032Zerocool032 Member Posts: 729

Started playing beta today....

Same ole korean pretty MMO, nothing different.

I really wish korea would take those missles and bomb themselves to end the wrath of shitty MMO's

• LilithIshtarLilithIshtar Member Posts: 667
    "No widescreen support? I have a nice 19" widescreen monitor that is
    forced to stretch this game and it looks like it's stretched. Not good
    for a new game to not support widescreen."

Huh? I have a 19" wide screen monitor as well and it looks better than it does on my other comp. Oo

Independant, Shinto, Lesbian, and Proud!

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Originally posted by LilithIshtar
    for a new game to not support widescreen."Huh? I have a 19" wide screen monitor as well and it looks better than it does on my other comp. Oo

So please tell me what resolution you are using and how you enabled widescreen support please.

Here are your widescreen resolutions:
    * 2560x1600
    * 1920x1200
    * 1680x1050
    * 1440x900
    * 1280x800
    * 1024x640
    * 800x500

That's for a typical 16:10 widescreen monitor.

so...

• RhadocRhadoc Member Posts: 40
    You dont have too sit on the ground too regain mana but that is because you have too grind 12 mill mobs too get the next lvl

for a new game to not support widescreen."Huh? I have a 19" wide screen monitor as well and it looks better than it does on my other comp. Oo

Still waiting on a reply.

so...

Originally posted by apocalance

Still waiting on a reply.

Lol.

1920x1200 is what I use. And it looks great. Oo Better than my other monitor that's standard, non wide screen.

19" widescreen running at 1920x1200, considering native resolution for a 19" widescreen monitor is 1440x900, that's interesting to say the least.

Again, how do you enable widescreen support?

When I select the dropdown for "Screen Size", it has a total of 4 listed.

1024*768*16bit
    1024*768*32bit
    1280*1024*16bit
    1280*1024*32bit

I really want to give archlord a fair shake, but w/o widescreen support, it's really not a choice. That's why I'm trying to get this information from you.

so...

I didn't. It did it by itself, forcing the game to fit the screen perfectly all by itself. Might just be my monitor though. I was pretty confused when everyone kept saying it doesnt support widescreen and I'm thinking "wtf are they talking about? It looks great!"

Mm. Well, I didn't mess with any setting. Just login in and bam, looks amazing.