Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

beta account

face30face30 Member UncommonPosts: 193

Well i see alot of people bashing this game now, and it has even begun to turn me away. Im hoping to get in Beta but i dont forsee it happening, so any of you that have tried it and hate it then how bout being so kind as passing along your beta account for someone else to give a shot. Im getting to be an old man and a bit tired of shelling out 50 bucks at a time for continuous over-hyped garbage. Just a thought.

«1

Comments

  • face30face30 Member UncommonPosts: 193

    ...

  • SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921
    I need it more. I have Gameloading and his fangirl missus to massacre.
  • LilithIshtarLilithIshtar Member Posts: 667


    Originally posted by face30

    Well i see alot of people bashing this game now, and it has even begun to turn me away. Im hoping to get in Beta but i dont forsee it happening, so any of you that have tried it and hate it then how bout being so kind as passing along your beta account for someone else to give a shot. Im getting to be an old man and a bit tired of shelling out 50 bucks at a time for continuous over-hyped garbage. Just a thought.


    I love it, and will continue to play it. Ignore the bashers, they have nothing better to do their shove their opinion down your throat like they speak the truth, when it's really just an opinion.

    I say test it out yourself, and ignore what everyone else says. You be the judge, not them.

    Independant, Shinto, Lesbian, and Proud!
    image

  • Don_GiovanniDon_Giovanni Member Posts: 13

    It just few palyers who dont like that game was not chaged what they like.

    They know this game is so good that many players going to play it, and now they are trying to ruin games name because personal miss judgement.

    Funny to see when people who never played this game even 1 minute talk about how worse it is:)

    This maybe the next BIG think after WoW  and before Warhammer.

    Dont listen thos who talk BS try it and make your own choise.

    Good mmorpg is never free.

    More money for developer = more stuff to work with game = better game  and if it feels its not that way i just stop playing.

  • GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 637
    In beta through Fileplanet right now. I cant say much cuz of NDA, however at this time the game is not to my liking.

  • ShakShak Member Posts: 2
    isnt NDA lifted? thought i read it somewhere yesterday bout it. So give us your impression :)

  • GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 637


    Originally posted by Shak
    isnt NDA lifted? thought i read it somewhere yesterday bout it. So give us your impression :)



    I dont think that is the case, at least I have not seen anything that stated that NDA has been lifted and we (beta testers) had recieved no notice. I have checked the beta forums as well and there is nothing on the topic. So if you find me a place where Codemasters make announcement about lifting NDA I will be more then glad to share my expiriences.
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126829

    there you go. official word the NDA has been lifted


  • GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 637
    Please note that all stated below is my opinion only, you may or may not agree with it.

    Well where to start...

    I am not going to pay attention to all non working skills and such because I am sure it will be fixed by the end of beta.

    Graphics: It is a modernized L2 engine. Nothing revolutionary there, if you turn off all the options it will look close to Shadowbane. If you will turn some of them on it will look like L2 on steroids. I didnt expirience any graphical lag for the duration that I have played. I am not sure how the game will handle massive PvP battles because the biggest collection of people in the game I have seen was in town and I was not lagging.

    Sound: Glorious, if I will not buy the game I will definately buy a sound track.

    Exp System and Levels: Ok, it is same as L2. You kill mobs, you get XP, for each level you get a point that you can use to upgrade a skill. Leveling is pritty fast early level slows down seginificantly as you go up. The nice thing is that there are a lot of quests. The bad thing is most of them is run 1/2 across the map kill one mob and come back to me. Some quests will give lots of exp other will barely give anything. The speed of your level will ultimately be determined by your equipment especially your weapon. I will talk more about it later. In the end it comes down to a grind simular to L2 or RFO. You will kill the monster of the same type until you can kill monster of a different type then move on.

    Equipment: Ok, equipment is not permanent which is good, thus preventing money from becoming worthless. Items are devided into couple of teirs being Normal, Rare and Uniqe. Rare is pritty easy to come by Uniqes are far between but you will find that as you grind your mobs equipment will come naturally. The auction system is very nice. Being that you can add thing to auction at any time and anyone can buy them from you at anytime (doesnt matter if you are online or not). Weapons do have slots, you can stick the elemental stones in there  thus enchancing attack power.

    Skills: Ok here is where in my opinion the game suffers mostly. Abilities spit into couple of categroies attacks, buffs, race, class and passive. Problem is in attack categories all melee classes share first 5 attacks (out of 10 or 12 total). Most of the newer attacks that you get is simply improved version of previous skill. Same applies to ranged and magic classes. For example: First you get double slash at level 5. Then at level 16 you get triple slash which is another skill. The only difference between the two is that 2nd one does more damage. Now dont forget that you are investing skill points each level into skills to improve level of a certain skill. Question becomes, why bother with a low level attacks when you can get high level attack later on, you dont want to waste skill points on it because you can respec only once. Some buffs and passive skills are also simular, and class skills are also very generic. I have only gotten to level 27 and so far I have yet to see an original skill.

    PvP: PvP system is nice, the villan system is pritty good. Although no one really tested it since PKing never gives you anything. Balance will be the biggest issue, I have played an elf archer, an orc warrior and a human mage. PvPed with all of them, if you are 2 levels below your opponent you can forget about it, unless you are an archer. At level 17 I killed people who were level 23s, the DPS is redicuous, and by the way elf archers is the only class that gets invisibility guess what most of the PKs will be playing. Some of you might wandering about potion spamming, well it is not that big of an issue. Ofcourse everyone carries potions w/o them PvP would last seconds. However generally you can out damage potions fairly fast and those are on a 3 second timer. (You dont loose XP from PvP and you dont loose levels on death).

    Final words: From what I have seen so far, it is step in the right direction as far as Korean MMORPGs go. There are quests, more uniqe monsters although alot of models are still basically reskinned and renamed as different mobs. PvP will require a lot of balancing, from my expirience warrior cant kill an archer unless they start at melee range and even then you have to get lucky. If I had to describe it in context of current games I would say it is watered down L2 (meaning not as hardcore as L2) meets some Shadowbane elements.


    Questions, comments are welcome, please no flame like I said above it is my opinion. Take it or leave it.


  • IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164


    Originally posted by Urza123
    Please note that all stated below is my opinion only, you may or may not agree with it.

    Well where to start...

    I am not going to pay attention to all non working skills and such because I am sure it will be fixed by the end of beta.

    Graphics: It is a modernized L2 engine. Nothing revolutionary there, if you turn off all the options it will look close to Shadowbane. If you will turn some of them on it will look like L2 on steroids. I didnt expirience any graphical lag for the duration that I have played. I am not sure how the game will handle massive PvP battles because the biggest collection of people in the game I have seen was in town and I was not lagging.

    Sound: Glorious, if I will not buy the game I will definately buy a sound track.

    Exp System and Levels: Ok, it is same as L2. You kill mobs, you get XP, for each level you get a point that you can use to upgrade a skill. Leveling is pritty fast early level slows down seginificantly as you go up. The nice thing is that there are a lot of quests. The bad thing is most of them is run 1/2 across the map kill one mob and come back to me. Some quests will give lots of exp other will barely give anything. The speed of your level will ultimately be determined by your equipment especially your weapon. I will talk more about it later. In the end it comes down to a grind simular to L2 or RFO. You will kill the monster of the same type until you can kill monster of a different type then move on.

    Equipment: Ok, equipment is not permanent which is good, thus preventing money from becoming worthless. Items are devided into couple of teirs being Normal, Rare and Uniqe. Rare is pritty easy to come by Uniqes are far between but you will find that as you grind your mobs equipment will come naturally. The auction system is very nice. Being that you can add thing to auction at any time and anyone can buy them from you at anytime (doesnt matter if you are online or not). Weapons do have slots, you can stick the elemental stones in there  thus enchancing attack power.

    Skills: Ok here is where in my opinion the game suffers mostly. Abilities spit into couple of categroies attacks, buffs, race, class and passive. Problem is in attack categories all melee classes share first 5 attacks (out of 10 or 12 total). Most of the newer attacks that you get is simply improved version of previous skill. Same applies to ranged and magic classes. For example: First you get double slash at level 5. Then at level 16 you get triple slash which is another skill. The only difference between the two is that 2nd one does more damage. Now dont forget that you are investing skill points each level into skills to improve level of a certain skill. Question becomes, why bother with a low level attacks when you can get high level attack later on, you dont want to waste skill points on it because you can respec only once. Some buffs and passive skills are also simular, and class skills are also very generic. I have only gotten to level 27 and so far I have yet to see an original skill.

    PvP: PvP system is nice, the villan system is pritty good. Although no one really tested it since PKing never gives you anything. Balance will be the biggest issue, I have played an elf archer, an orc warrior and a human mage. PvPed with all of them, if you are 2 levels below your opponent you can forget about it, unless you are an archer. At level 17 I killed people who were level 23s, the DPS is redicuous, and by the way elf archers is the only class that gets invisibility guess what most of the PKs will be playing. Some of you might wandering about potion spamming, well it is not that big of an issue. Ofcourse everyone carries potions w/o them PvP would last seconds. However generally you can out damage potions fairly fast and those are on a 3 second timer. (You dont loose XP from PvP and you dont loose levels on death).

    Final words: From what I have seen so far, it is step in the right direction as far as Korean MMORPGs go. There are quests, more uniqe monsters although alot of models are still basically reskinned and renamed as different mobs. PvP will require a lot of balancing, from my expirience warrior cant kill an archer unless they start at melee range and even then you have to get lucky. If I had to describe it in context of current games I would say it is watered down L2 (meaning not as hardcore as L2) meets some Shadowbane elements.


    Questions, comments are welcome, please no flame like I said above it is my opinion. Take it or leave it.



    Actually, that's a pretty fair assessment and I agree with just about everything you said. The game isn't really revolutionary (except with perhaps the ArchLord system) but there is fun to be had depending on the person. For me personally, I'm doubtful whether I'll be purchasing the title at release but I think it will be a mildly successful game, along the lines of other Codemasters MMO's.

    image
  • SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360
    I have a beta key I am not going to use. If anyone wants it, reply here and I'll send it in a PM.
  • Don_GiovanniDon_Giovanni Member Posts: 13
    I can take it:)
  • SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921


    Originally posted by Salvatoris
    I have a beta key I am not going to use. If anyone wants it, reply here and I'll send it in a PM.

    If anyone else has a beta key they're not going to use,I shotgun the next one in a PM.

  • SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360
    I had two keys... I sent you the second one. :)
  • face30face30 Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Grr just got home and missed both keys i guess, if anyone else out there isnt using there or just no longer wishes to use the beta account feel free to email me, thanks you much in advance
  • SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921


    Originally posted by Salvatoris
    I had two keys... I sent you the second one. :)

    You made my day,man.  I just hope ploughing through Fileplanet's stupid queue and downloader materialises in a decent game at the end of it.

    I owe you one for that. Gameloading,I still owe you that slaying! 

  • sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606

    Well im gonna bash the game so to say

    Im currently in beta and well it doesnt seem to me that there is much of challenge to the game 6hrs ive lvled my RNG to 18 with no problems... its a click and watch and the arrows fly and blame bang ting what dead mob then throw a few healing potions at my self seeing how they drop off of almost every mob  and blame i can go for HRs... and hey maby the war or mage jobs are alot more fun but i come from EQs and well i like to Kite so i was not digging the no kiting but hey everyone has one thing or another in a game to complain about

    In saying that....

     in a wierd twist of fate ive come to enjoy playing it because of it simplisity  i can solo with no problems pulling multi mobs and know i can win  no waiting for groups for hrs apon hrs and hoping to get picked up.. love this part of it and i find my self getting drawn back to my comp to get the last lvl for the night just to get the next skill up... so i guess i didnt bash it to much just telling you what ive learned over all i like the game and have come ot enjoy playing it the longer i play the more fun it seems to get  if i offended any of you hard core Archlord players  Get Over IT

    image

  • SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

    Ahhh simplicity. If Archlord is easy to play and has a good community,I may yet play it throughout the very short beta time I have been granted.  Think I'll be a mage for once instead of going down the 'rogue' path I usually enjoy.

    After that,it's back to waiting for Darkfall and hopefully by then PrisonServer will be out.

    Gameloading,what's your IGN btw? Just in case I get the chance to pummel you as promised.

  • uniteunite Member Posts: 1
    if any1 else got an unused beta key i d like to have it plz ^^
  • SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

    Ok,played it at last. Got up to level 7 orc sorcerer just now before server went down on my first day.

    So far it seems ok,but I'm finding the constant spiky lag (well,it was this evening...to be fair though it could be fixed in server downtime and I'd say no more,plus it's a beta) to be a bit annoying. Gameplay is very basic,although I haven't yet divulged in any PvP. There do seem to be some PK'ers emerging however. (Sigma was one of them reported in infamy this evening)

    Community seems ok,no real problems at the moment there. Some 'gank wars' were being announced over global this evening,so it seems some PvP is occurring.

    Graphics are functional. And sometimes quite decent.

    Second thing that bugs me is some of the weird AI on the earlier mobs I've encountered. You attack one dark spider (level 1 mob,passive) and if others are nearby or something,sometimes they begin swarming you somewhat. Sometimes if you're attacking the same mob type others will decide to join the fight if nearby. A bit annoying when you're trying to deal with a boss mob. Again though,not all mobs seem to do this so not too worrying there.

    Potion spamming still seems to be the way forward,despite the brief timer.

    Sometimes the directions for quests are a little unclear it perhaps seems. They say 'Gandlar's Plain' when it's actually named something very different. Or not shown at all on the minimap. Again,helpful ?'s seem to appear in the earlier quests to show the locations (on minimap),and in fact highlight after the earlier Q's have passed if any local quest-givers are giving quests in town. A nice touch indeed. But some self-discovering/asking to be done at times.

    So in general,so far I find Archlord to be of average quality. It doesn't appear in my early stages of playing to be outstanding,but not shockingly awful either. Maybe I'll report back in once I've hit say level 20 (if I get that far) and done some PvP. I won't be buying this one though.

    Seems to be a fair few WAR/WOW 'fanboys' in the game btw.

  • IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164


    Originally posted by Suitepee

    So far it seems ok,but I'm finding the constant spiky lag (well,it was this evening...to be fair though it could be fixed in server downtime and I'd say no more,plus it's a beta) to be a bit annoying.
    Second thing that bugs me is some of the weird AI on the earlier mobs I've encountered. You attack one dark spider (level 1 mob,passive) and if others are nearby or something,sometimes they begin swarming you somewhat. Sometimes if you're attacking the same mob type others will decide to join the fight if nearby. A bit annoying when you're trying to deal with a boss mob. Again though,not all mobs seem to do this so not too worrying there. 


    They just recently added all pre-orders to the beta so that's a big jump of users on the server, and I'm sure it'll get ironed out between now and release. I was on yesterday and I felt the lag, compared to Phase 1 and 2 of the beta where lag was an uncommon occurence.

    And what's wrong with AI actually having intelligence? If you attack a creature, in reality you would think that other members of its own species (standing just feet away) would take action and try to stop you, so to me it's fine. It makes you think a bit before running in and hacking/blasting away at everything anyways.


    image
  • SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

    Yes,but then on other occasions if you're fighting a dark spider this doesn't happen even if they are nearby. That's why it's weird; it isn't consistent.

    Doesn't matter anyway it appears I'm past that kind of basic AI. Well,apart from when a boss mob seems to call upon nearby similiar mob types,but that's good AI.

  • greatwulfgreatwulf Member Posts: 77

    Yes and sometimes a boss jumps out of the bushes and starts attacking you. Man i had nearly a heartattack that one time lol. ::::06::

  • dragonsfury3dragonsfury3 Member Posts: 4

    If anyone has an extra bet key/account, please PM or email at [email protected]

Sign In or Register to comment.