Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am sick of it!!

PoemasterPoemaster Member Posts: 80
I am sick and tired of people complaining "Bring back pre aos PvP sucks now!!" UO pvp has changed greatly since T2A its not the same Lob-fest it was back in the day but its a very great system PvP has depth in UO now there are templates and actually strategy its not just everyone roll a mage now cast as many spells as fast u can and hope u drop someone dueling was boring back in the day now there is diversity u cant expect the same Vas ort Flam from everyone especially with Item these days
Tell me why UO PvP sucks now please....
also dont flame it if u havnt even tried it.

Comments

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804
    For many I guess hunting for a few months to get decent items to have a chance at PvP.
    When a PvP suits gets measured up in hudreds of million in gold then it is not even something I want to try.

At least in wow for continous pvp I am rewarded with pvp items, while in UO you still need other ways (ebay or lots of hunting) to get the things you need for open pvp.

The little pvp I do is in rp guilds with gm stuff and all magical stuff is not allowed, so that makes it at least somewhat balanced.

• PsyXPsyX Member Posts: 220
    Ive tried what you call pvp and i call IvI (items vs items) quite alot ..
    and im ***** sick of it ..

im sick of straight out of nowhere noobs who suddenly after spending 1,500 dollars on ebay/uo-th
    become unkillable IvI gurus ..

im sick of the trammelization of fel such as instanced corpses ..
    insureance.. the removal of statloss , champion spawns (yay lets IvI for more Items yay...)

Old skool or nothing .. and yes i have played siege aswell and its NOTHING like old school UO
    ..blessed this and blessed that..bleeeeh...

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077
    No offense but the current PVP system is ITEM dependant.  Items that take hours of camping to get, just like EQ.  It is by NO means "better" than the old system.  As a matter of fact the "new" system, which is heavilly item based, ensures that nobody PVP's except griefers.

Sorry, the new system sucks compared to the old.  In the 'old days' nobody REALLY minded PVP because you could generally replace everything you lost in under 1hr of time at various vendor shops buying new equipment (at very low cost).

Now the prices are so inflated that you just can't do that.  You have to either spend a fortune replacing equipment or spend hours going after rare drop items again.

Sorry, don't come pissing and moaning at us claiming the new system is somehow better.  UO is a PVE game now with limited PVP.  Before it was a 100% blend of PVE and PVP.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• MachoMMachoM Member Posts: 89

Amen.  Way too item dependent to be a decent PvP game anymore.  Pre-trammel was way better in ALL aspects of the game.

RIP UO

• PoemasterPoemaster Member Posts: 80
    Figured it would be easier to just reply to everyone at once first of all UO has always been an item dependant game ever since houses allowed you too show off your rare lewt
    second of all what PvP MMORPG isnt item biased all the good ones at least L2 WoW (and dont try telling me a game with over 6million subscribers isnt good) FF11 and so on
    back in the day only mage pvp was allowed no one wanted to take a Val 1mil katana to fel it would just be stupid
    that is where insurance comes in
    also how do Champ spawns qualify as trammeltization (stupidest thing ive heard someone say on these boards) you mean the champ spawns that bring about Huge guild battles and pvp showoffs yea those Trammy Champ spawns
    I didnt say the old system sucked I said the New system is great abilities bring about strats bring about templates bring about wider pvp variety suddenly melee is in the ring
    back in the day all that matter was hoping u popped MR and anticipated your opponent correctly (guessed)
    Items may cost alot but you do not need a 100mil suit to be good not at all as a mage you can get a good suit for less then 5mil the point is if you put more time into an MMO (and yes that is what MMOs are about TIME if u dont like it unsubscribe) you should have a better overall game experince that includes PvP...

Originally posted by Poemaster
    Figured it would be easier to just reply to everyone at once first of all UO has always been an item dependant game ever since houses allowed you too show off your rare lewt
    second of all what PvP MMORPG isnt item biased all the good ones at least L2 WoW (and dont try telling me a game with over 6million subscribers isnt good) FF11 and so on
    back in the day only mage pvp was allowed no one wanted to take a Val 1mil katana to fel it would just be stupid
    that is where insurance comes in
    also how do Champ spawns qualify as trammeltization (stupidest thing ive heard someone say on these boards) you mean the champ spawns that bring about Huge guild battles and pvp showoffs yea those Trammy Champ spawns
    I didnt say the old system sucked I said the New system is great abilities bring about strats bring about templates bring about wider pvp variety suddenly melee is in the ring
    back in the day all that matter was hoping u popped MR and anticipated your opponent correctly (guessed)
    Items may cost alot but you do not need a 100mil suit to be good not at all as a mage you can get a good suit for less then 5mil the point is if you put more time into an MMO (and yes that is what MMOs are about TIME if u dont like it unsubscribe) you should have a better overall game experince that includes PvP...

You are missing the point:
    Pre-Trammel PVP was far superior because ANYONE could jump right into it and enjoy themselves.

And it wasn't just limited to mages.  sure you needed SOME magery... at least enough to heal... but there were more ways to kill people than just tossing ebolt at them.  Personally my kill to death ratio was in the 5-1 range with nothing but my crossbow and war hammer (used to call it my 9 iron of doom).  There were numerous ways to spec your character (still are) that were ALL viable in PVP.  The only limit was your willingness to experiment.   Tamers were also quite good in PVP... nothing quite like having some guy dump 4 dragons on you.

The difference between then and now?
    Then you could gear up and be in the fight for under 10k gold and in under 30 minutes
    Now you need to spend millions of gold and it could take days, even weeks, to gear back up.

The old system was BETTER. 

Sig image Pending

• evilhumanevilhuman Member UncommonPosts: 55

man you can have a crafter friend tailor or craft you a suit of all 70x resist in no time and you could jump into pvp with any decent weapon you don't need artifacts to pvp, the resist is still caped at 70 no matter what you wear and good weapons are not expensive

you can use a golem to max out combat skills in 1-2 days

and don't come with shit that it's too easy, back in the day that you are comparing it to it was even easier you could max out everything in a day if you had brains

people that CLAIM "PvP" used to be better are actually the CAREBEARS that only could handle killing real newbie players that couldnt do SHIT to fight back, you call that pvp?  please

go on any decent server and go to Yew moongate, there are more REDS than EVER, more PvP than EVER

Originally posted by evilhuman

people that CLAIM "PvP" used to be better are actually the CAREBEARS that only could handle killing real newbie players that couldnt do SHIT to fight back, you call that pvp?  please

I was an anti-pk thanks... never once did I kill a newbie.
    I killed PK's.  "Reds" whatever you wish to call them.  I consider the system in place now inferior to the pre-trammel world.

But thanks for making an overgeneralization. 

Sig image Pending

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514

I will agree that more people will play a PVE only game over one with open PVP like UO.   But to me PVE only is nowhere near as much fun or exciting.  If money wasnt so much a concern, then UO wouldnt have never changed, however, money talks and PRE-AOS walks.....

Originally posted by evilhuman

man you can have a crafter friend tailor or craft you a suit of all 70x resist in no time and you could jump into pvp with any decent weapon you don't need artifacts to pvp, the resist is still caped at 70 no matter what you wear and good weapons are not expensive
    you can use a golem to max out combat skills in 1-2 days
    and don't come with shit that it's too easy, back in the day that you are comparing it to it was even easier you could max out everything in a day if you had brains
    go on any decent server and go to Yew moongate, there are more REDS than EVER, more PvP than EVER

Really???  The old PvP used to be carebear?  I don't understand.  Now with item insurance when you die in PvP the only thing u lose are regs, arrows, aids, clothes maybe. 

*sigh* brings back good memories

• TrykenTryken Ultima Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 63

You know, most people who are angry about the new PvP are generally mages who can't be the top dogs, anymore. It kills me, it really does, because what if... for some reason... someone just... doesn't like using magic? Well, then, you're screwed in PvP! ^_^ I'd rather have it be based a lot more off of items than nothing more than "LOL. I'm a mage. ^_^" That's agitating. I love UO. I joined AoS, and it's a great game. I love Trammel, and when I go to Felluca, wear nothing, as if I were going to a bad part of time. Do you wear a rolex to downtown Atlanta? Not if you're smart. As it should be. Is it fair that you can insure items, or bless them? I think so. Because that item that you spend hours upon hours dungeon-crawling for that means so much to you doesn't want to be lost to some guy who's like "LOL MAGE, MATE." owns you, and steals it. When I first started UO: AoS, and was new, I was given a glacial staff from a new found friend as means to sell and help pay for a small house, instead, I forgot to Insure it, a friend needed help in Felluca, and I got killed a ganked. That sucked. That sucked really bad. And I'm horridly happy that since that time I've discovered Insurance and use it wisely. I'm glad people can, at least, semi-secure when in Trammel. It offers less anurisms.

To all you "LOL Mage"'s,

Tryken.

Originally posted by Tryken

You know, most people who are angry about the new PvP are generally mages who can't be the top dogs, anymore. It kills me, it really does, because what if... for some reason... someone just... doesn't like using magic? Well, then, you're screwed in PvP! ^_^ I'd rather have it be based a lot more off of items than nothing more than "LOL. I'm a mage. ^_^" That's agitating. I love UO. I joined AoS, and it's a great game. I love Trammel, and when I go to Felluca, wear nothing, as if I were going to a bad part of time. Do you wear a rolex to downtown Atlanta? Not if you're smart. As it should be. Is it fair that you can insure items, or bless them? I think so. Because that item that you spend hours upon hours dungeon-crawling for that means so much to you doesn't want to be lost to some guy who's like "LOL MAGE, MATE." owns you, and steals it. When I first started UO: AoS, and was new, I was given a glacial staff from a new found friend as means to sell and help pay for a small house, instead, I forgot to Insure it, a friend needed help in Felluca, and I got killed a ganked. That sucked. That sucked really bad. And I'm horridly happy that since that time I've discovered Insurance and use it wisely. I'm glad people can, at least, semi-secure when in Trammel. It offers less anurisms.
    To all you "LOL Mage"'s,
    Tryken.

You don't wear decent items to fel but you still insure stuff?

And I think that is our point, that UO used to be a better game because it didn't have all that doom camping to get artifacts.  I suppose its getting better because artifacts are not as hard to come by nowadays and there are caps on things like fc/fcr and mr and lmc and the such

• spexzspexz Member Posts: 28

Well well... Some of u say that u only need like 5 million to get pvping? Its sad to see how blind u become of the grief and money in Uo...

5 Million takes alot of time for a new player to get.. If u aint super lucky when u camp doom or something and get a item u can sell for billions:P and that chance to happend is very small..

I played since -98 i think and loved the game for some years there.. I think trammel isnt that bad.. Its the items changes i dont like in the game.. AND dont come and say i was a LOL Mages that ran around and killed all the newbies.. Mostly i played a dexer that most mages hated.. fenc, hide, resist, tac, heal, ana, and hiding.. hiding safes u alot of times when they try to gank u but its lovly in faction and in order/chaos when u wanted to "hunt" alone...

Hope the upgrade will get me back cos it was a lovly game.. And yes i played it now and i hate the items.. :-(

• Silver_WolfSilver_Wolf Member Posts: 2

I think everybody missed it.  The thread starter is clearly not a true veteren player, and was ovbiously a trammy until all the new stuff came out to help new players act like veterens in 24 hours.  For one, "back in the day" there was no such thing as a val katana, and it **** sure didnt cost a mil cuz almost NOBODY had that much money!  The game was far better before TRAMMY because it forced ppl to play! After trammy came along it just made alot of ppl afraid to play, insurance fixed this somewhat but now theres just no point, item based sucks and anybody who says its always been item based has only been playing 4 years tops.  I'm a beta player and i say bring back the days where your skills actually meant something, and it took forever to raise your skills. At least then you earned it!!  Who wants to continue playing a game the some of us have been playing over 10 years, when someone can buy a new account and within 24 hours be 7x gm or 5x legendary?  As far as im concerned i liked bounties better than gettin insurance money to.  And houses wernt always for displayin stuff bud, You used to have to keep em locked up tight and hope nobody ran in and hid when u unlocked the door, cuz there was no such thing as "i wish to lock this down" , the first instance of that was using your key!!

Anybody whos been playing a while can pick out the recently added players, they are the ones who benifit from this game and like it because they never played it back when it was truely good and difficult!  And PvP was never a lob fest.  Your fighting skills meant something and u had to be able to use em, most ppl ran as fast and far as they could upon spotting a PK.  You might call me a liar, but ask anybody else whose been playing as long as I have and most of them feel the exact same way I do!  EA is catering to the newbies because in the end all they truely care about is "more accounts = more money"!

Originally posted by Silver_Wolf

I think everybody missed it.  The thread starter is clearly not a true veteren player, and was ovbiously a trammy until all the new stuff came out to help new players act like veterens in 24 hours.  For one, "back in the day" there was no such thing as a val katana, and it **** sure didnt cost a mil cuz almost NOBODY had that much money!  The game was far better before TRAMMY because it forced ppl to play! After trammy came along it just made alot of ppl afraid to play, insurance fixed this somewhat but now theres just no point, item based sucks and anybody who says its always been item based has only been playing 4 years tops.  I'm a beta player and i say bring back the days where your skills actually meant something, and it took forever to raise your skills. At least then you earned it!!  Who wants to continue playing a game the some of us have been playing over 10 years, when someone can buy a new account and within 24 hours be 7x gm or 5x legendary?  As far as im concerned i liked bounties better than gettin insurance money to.  And houses wernt always for displayin stuff bud, You used to have to keep em locked up tight and hope nobody ran in and hid when u unlocked the door, cuz there was no such thing as "i wish to lock this down" , the first instance of that was using your key!!
        Anybody whos been playing a while can pick out the recently added players, they are the ones who benifit from this game and like it because they never played it back when it was truely good and difficult!  And PvP was never a lob fest.  Your fighting skills meant something and u had to be able to use em, most ppl ran as fast and far as they could upon spotting a PK.  You might call me a liar, but ask anybody else whose been playing as long as I have and most of them feel the exact same way I do!  EA is catering to the newbies because in the end all they truely care about is "more accounts = more money"!

Well Mr This is my first post ever
    Please read more clearly I was complaining about the whiners who wanted Pre-aos pvp thus the current system without all the pvp and item changes presented with AOS where there WERE val Kats
    also you say before Tram people were FORCED to play sir when has an MMO especially UO FORCED anything you honestly dont know your gaming furthermore the buying and selling of accounts isnt gonna change pre aos or post its a part of almost every MMO deal with it anyone can buy a good account and actually be good also believe it or not fanboi but UO did not have a good skill gain system its repititive to no end some skills r easy to raise because they raise with every day tasks dungeon crawling for example but other skills like stealing hiding taming etc. required hours and hours of the same action over and over yea thats very fun Horrible System
    also please stay on topic dont trail off pointing out details of post beta to try and prove your a vet I played back then too and it was decent
    o and "more accounts = more money" yea thats rediculous why would a gaming company....or any company for that matter care about something like that they should really just cater to the small demographic that has JUST enough time to whine and not actually play the game

• Silver_WolfSilver_Wolf Member Posts: 2
    Ok let me clarify, by saying forced to play i didnt mean forced to play the game, but forced to expeirence the whole game if you wanted to play at all.  And the skill system back then was BETTER, because there was no such thing as a quick GM, also , I said nothing about E-Bay accounts, I dont believe in em but thats another topic,what I said was that you can start playing the game today on a NEW ACCOUNT, and have a character 7x GM by this time tommorw, and EA knows it and doesnt care because it keeps the "NEWBIES" happy that they can jump in and play with the vets without missing a beat.  Therefore EA is catering to the new players as thay have been ever since they took it over from OSI, and if you dont think thats a money driven decision, then your an idiot.  Thats the only reason the host the game is to make money.  Look at MCO it wasnt gathering the NEW accounts quick enough and keeping them so they shut it down.  Dont bother trying to tell me i dont know gaming, because I dont care, what i do know is that UO would be a better game on the PVP aspect if it wasnt an item based activity.  And you cant tell me that a mage doesnt have an advantage over a fighter, especialy in the age of evil omen and other necro spells.  Making the mages yet more powerful, are the spell damage increase and fc fcr ITEMS, that enhance that spells that allready hit harder than any figher could hope to with any enhancements.  Bottom line is UO was more balanced before it became item based and they started regulating damage caps ect.  And who cares if it was my first post ever?  Big deal, I finaly got bored enough to talk in one of these stupid  wah wah forums.

Originally posted by Silver_Wolf
    Ok let me clarify, by saying forced to play i didnt mean forced to play the game, but forced to expeirence the whole game if you wanted to play at all.  And the skill system back then was BETTER, because there was no such thing as a quick GM, also , I said nothing about E-Bay accounts, I dont believe in em but thats another topic,what I said was that you can start playing the game today on a NEW ACCOUNT, and have a character 7x GM by this time tommorw, and EA knows it and doesnt care because it keeps the "NEWBIES" happy that they can jump in and play with the vets without missing a beat.  Therefore EA is catering to the new players as thay have been ever since they took it over from OSI, and if you dont think thats a money driven decision, then your an idiot.  Thats the only reason the host the game is to make money.  Look at MCO it wasnt gathering the NEW accounts quick enough and keeping them so they shut it down.  Dont bother trying to tell me i dont know gaming, because I dont care, what i do know is that UO would be a better game on the PVP aspect if it wasnt an item based activity.  And you cant tell me that a mage doesnt have an advantage over a fighter, especialy in the age of evil omen and other necro spells.  Making the mages yet more powerful, are the spell damage increase and fc fcr ITEMS, that enhance that spells that allready hit harder than any figher could hope to with any enhancements.  Bottom line is UO was more balanced before it became item based and they started regulating damage caps ect.  And who cares if it was my first post ever?  Big deal, I finaly got bored enough to talk in one of these stupid  wah wah forums.

yea....uhm like I said pay attention I said why wouldnt a company want to make money every company wants money son that is the idea please reread my posts also like I said in my initial post "dont flame it if u havnt even tried it." Mages do not dominate Archers and Dexxers are plenty full also evil omen is not a magery spell it is Necro templates are more interesting now and more in-depth also I garuntee you cant 7x gm in 24 hours no matter which skills u chose I garuntee it Dexxers benefit greatly from most of the item attributes aside from FC FCR and SDI 

• spexzspexz Member Posts: 28

I agree with poemaster that the dexers almost have the advantage now ingame... a good dexer with good items is better then e mage... sadly..

Also u cant 7x now in 24h... u could done it some months ago or was it a year ago after a patch it was really easy to gain skill... But its still easy to make a good char in less then a week.. But that u also can do in most games...

If u compare to games as Wow and Daoc.. if u powergame those games u would be max lvl in a week.. and thats same with uo and most other games.. One i can inscure u cant get very good fast and that is Eve online.. takes for ever to max:P

• silverbearsilverbear Member Posts: 9
    I play in a Fel based guild and yes PvP is highly item based now but even if you crank out the top items in the game the flaw is these people running 3rd party programs that are illegal to gain an edge I do believe or I hope they are working on solving this to make it a level playing field once again.