Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boycott PayPLUS !!!

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I make this brief and simple. Boycott Archlord and the PayPLUS system.

Reasons (simple and IMO):

1. How much money a character has and what items should EVER and ALWAYS ONLY reflect his game abilities and his player dedication, NEVER is RL money. The idea to see tons of spoilt rich brats in a game waving with uber gear they NEVER could attain by playing honest sux.

2. The very idea to split a community by RL income is anti-social and never should enter the realm of Online gaming. MMOs are a place where everyone no matter what age, income, background or whatever has a chance to become a someone by his abilities. This systme destroys this age old legacy of computer gaming.

BOYCOTT ARCHLORD - BOYCOTT LEGALIZATION OF GOLD FARMING !!!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• LilithIshtarLilithIshtar Member Posts: 667
    No thanks. I like it, and so I'm going to play it and use playplus. ^^

Independant, Shinto, Lesbian, and Proud!

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

I agree with the OP. THe only people who seem to be infavour of this system are the ones usigng the facade of being a casual gamer as a guise. If we say its ok to allow player to use the excuse that we cant play long , so we cant earn our rewards, just let us buy the spoils, then MMO industry will lose its appeal and lose its worth.

IF you have ever seriosuly bad mouthed a farmer, an asian farmer, an ebayer for ruining your ingame economy concider yourself a hypocrit if you accept this payment system. All this is , is an act to captitalize on a growning industry, these third party gold selling websites. If people odnt accept them, and dont accept ebaying how could this possibly be any better.

And these morons who think these will put them on equal footing with the hardcore are gonna be in for a a shock, when they still cant cut it. Real life money should have no influence on your ingame life simple as that. The players who dont understand that logic need to stop playing online games, this isnt for you.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Originally posted by Elikal

1. How much money a character has and what items should EVER and ALWAYS ONLY reflect his game abilities and his player dedication, NEVER is RL money. The idea to see tons of spoilt rich brats in a game waving with uber gear they NEVER could attain by playing honest sux.
    2. The very idea to split a community by RL income is anti-social and never should enter the realm of Online gaming. MMOs are a place where everyone no matter what age, income, background or whatever has a chance to become a someone by his abilities. This systme destroys this age old legacy of computer gaming.

If you've actually read information about PayPlus your first point wouldn't have much ground to stand on. Also, you haven't tested the game or this new system so I don't see how you can say it's split a community or destroyed anything.  lol

If you don't like the pay system or the game, here's a concept (simple and IMO) for you to utilize - go play something else.

• alastor44alastor44 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    I think PayPlus is lame. Enough said.

Waiting for:
    Diablo 3 Seasonal Ladders
    Warlords of Draenor

• RyuukoGoRyuukoGo Member Posts: 235

Don't forget  the Gamers that can't even afford to buy the Game,PC or even have an ISP Connection..all they have is PnP Games ..two Cans and a String for their ISP.   

If you do not like the AL  PayPlus Sytem...just don't Subscribe..it is that easy...FYI EQ2 has a system where RL Money can be used.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

and this is what happens when people bash a system they know close to nothing about.

go do some research for Elikal, and then come back here.

but I'll help you a bit.

you can't buy equipment with this system
    the higher fees don't give you such a hig advantage as you would like to believe. not to mention that a lot of thigs is guild based, and a montly fee of 40$ really isn't going to help you that much.

Originally posted by Gameloading

and this is what happens when people bash a system they know close to nothing about.

but I'll help you a bit.

the higher fees don't give you such a hig advantage as you would like to believe. not to mention that a lot of thigs is guild based, and a montly fee of 40$ really isn't going to help you that much.

So, you actually belive people will pay 4 times the base sub just for a minor bonus as special potions?

They may not outright sell armor and weapons, but they will mostlikly sell a lot of other items, like potions and other perks that wil make it so people spend 40 bucks a month and not 10. Dont need to see whats there now to know how business works.

Think they only want a few people buying lord packages, they want as much as they can get, so of course the more you pay, the more that will be avialble to you.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

but I'll help you a bit.

So, you actually belive people will pay 4 times the base sub just for a minor bonus as special potions?

They may not outright sell armor and weapons, but they will mostlikly sell a lot of other items, like potions and other perks that wil make it so people spend 40 bucks a month and not 10. Dont need to see whats there now to know how business works.

Think they only want a few people buying lord packages, they want as much as they can get, so of course the more you pay, the more that will be avialble to you.

It has already been confirmed that the buffs are minor, temporary non-stacking buffs and potions. ofcourse you will get bonuses with the amount you pay. but its not a huge advantage as you would like to believe.

Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

but I'll help you a bit.

It has already been confirmed that the buffs are minor, temporary non-stacking buffs and potions. ofcourse you will get bonuses with the amount you pay. but its not a huge advantage as you would like to believe.

Two things scenarios along with that.

1 - your right, and all other payment packages are ripoffs which negates every arguement that says this payment system allows for casuals to keep up with hardcore.

2 - im right, and after people notice their 40 dollars bring them nothing but nonsense, codemasters starts adding in meaningfull items, to actually get people to pay for those higher price tiers.

Neither scenario is appealing.

• TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

It seems most people who posted in this thread are aware of the dangers of Payplus.  There will always be players who don't care about game balancing and fairness, things like that, and they will play Archlord regardless of what its payment systems does to the game.

I've tested Archlord and I have yet to see any aspects of Payplus implemented in the beta.  So after all the posts and questions about how it will work, and all of the fuss after it was announced, we are still unsure of exactly how Playplus will effect gameplay.  I am not surprised that it isn't in beta yet.  They probably haven't gotten it to work the way they want yet (fairly???), and I don't see how they will, for reasons already mentioned in this thread and all over the Playplus thread at the Archlord forum.

• TamalanTamalan Member Posts: 1,117

Got to say i do find it hilarious that the game that was to be the saviour for PvP players has, right from the word go, a gameplay imbalance. It makes a mockery of the basic premise of PvP, that everyone starts on an equal footing and that player skill makes the difference.

Im not a PvP player and have no love of the genre, but damn, i do feel sorry for those that do and were waiting on this game.

Im betting they feel like they got kicked in the nuts by their white haired grandmother.

Peace

Tam

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Anyone who is willing to pay $40 per month for a game is nuts and any company who thinks it can trick ppl to pay that sum should be jailed!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500
    Payplus is a horrible idea. Don't support it or Archlord. Thank you.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

Ah I see, but it's okay to split an MMO community by the amount of time someone has to play? Students in school have much more time to play than someone with an 80 hour work week.  Man I love Cyber-ethics.
  • GamepausedGamepaused Member Posts: 24

This game is garbage and I DO know the system well. But why boycott? Why not just not play and go to another game?
  • DeviateDeviate Member UncommonPosts: 219

So if your a casual first person shooter player should you get a freakin aimbot because little billy headshots you constantly everytime you log onto a server to play?It comes down to whoever plays longer, gets better.Deal with it.

P.S. This is in response to Jodokai

• pineapplespineapples Member Posts: 84
    Made by asian grinders for asian grinders. I don't even know why they bothered to market this to North America..
  • greatwulfgreatwulf Member Posts: 77

Ok,enough whined about it? Move to another game and troll there if you dont like it.
    Im gonna for the retail. Do i have low standarts? No, but you will prolly not understand that...

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360
    Terrible idea, and I won't touch any game that sues it. I think they have taken the concept a little overboard... 40 bucks a month for an MMO??  Ridiculous. The company's bottom line relies on people being willing to pay the extra amount for an advantage in the game. They have to make that advantage good enough that people are willing to pay for it.... willing to pay the cost of subscribing to two additional full prices MMO's every month. No matter how many times they say it will not imbalance the game, I can't imagine how they can get people to buy it if it doesn't... It just doesn't add up.
  • IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Originally posted by Gamepaused

This game is garbage and I DO know the system well. But why boycott? Why not just not play and go to another game?

Guys....when the troll even agrees that you should stop and go play another game, it's time to let things go.

• LilithIshtarLilithIshtar Member Posts: 667

Originally posted by Salvatoris
    Terrible idea, and I won't touch any game that sues it. I think they have taken the concept a little overboard... 40 bucks a month for an MMO??  Ridiculous. The company's bottom line relies on people being willing to pay the extra amount for an advantage in the game. They have to make that advantage good enough that people are willing to pay for it.... willing to pay the cost of subscribing to two additional full prices MMO's every month. No matter how many times they say it will not imbalance the game, I can't imagine how they can get people to buy it if it doesn't... It just doesn't add up.

You do realize...

That with both L2 and WoW

Hundreds of people oay $40+ for more than one account already, just to be on top.

The only difference here is, you dont need multiple accounts to get ahead in this game. You can just deck out one char and guess what?! You'd still be paying the same amount like all the other people that pay $40+ in other MMO's.

What an amazing concept, isnt it?

Independant, Shinto, Lesbian, and Proud!

• timotybgtimotybg Member Posts: 9
    I am agreed PayPlus is kind of try to rape the gamers comunity. I am totaly against it. It's the only reason that made me think and even decide to not play the game at all.I will also ask all the gamers out there to make everything possible to boycot this kind of pay system, since it is stealing from the gamers comunity and is dedicated , afterall, to change the main target of the mmos. It is actualy created( the pay system) to make legal that, what some calls "chinese farming". It is oblivious try to make the gamer pay for every second spend in the game. Isn't the monthly fee enough?!

helping the lame to become lammer

Originally posted by timotybg
    I am agreed PayPlus is kind of try to rape the gamers comunity. I am totaly against it. It's the only reason that made me think and even decide to not play the game at all.I will also ask all the gamers out there to make everything possible to boycot this kind of pay system, since it is stealing from the gamers comunity and is dedicated , afterall, to change the main target of the mmos. It is actualy created( the pay system) to make legal that, what some calls "chinese farming". It is oblivious try to make the gamer pay for every second spend in the game. Isn't the monthly fee enough?!

the main problem is that u didn't understood at all the payplus system. but i will explain. they took for the 3 possible pay p[urtunities the average play time( actualy 22 hours / week). so for this time u will become with the scuare account 1500 credits, which will cover ur potions( yeah, there are no healers / buffers in game, u can only buy healing pots etc. with those credits) for not more than 20 hours. if u will try to play more, u have allso to try to play without "buffs" and healing pots, or to buy a lord account( for more than 40 hours/week). does that make sence in ur opinion?!

the main problem is that u didn't understood at all the payplus system. but i will explain. they took for the 3 possible pay p[urtunities the average play time( actualy 22 hours / week). so for this time u will become with the scuare account 1500 credits, which will cover ur potions( yeah, there are no healers / buffers in game, u can only buy healing pots etc. with those credits) for not more than 20 hours. if u will try to play more, u have allso to try to play without "buffs" and healing pots, or to buy a lord account( for more than 40 hours/week). does that make sence in ur opinion?!

my god, sir, PLEASE, and I say it again PLEASE do some research first. you won't buy healing potion with credits (in fact, I don't even think you can)  you buy healing pots with normal ingame money. you can only get some buffs (of which many similar buffs can be found just normal in the game) with the credit system.

lol, well u have to read again mr. Ktat last topic. the payplus isn't working at all now, becouse the game itself is in beta. as far as i understood exacly the pots will be one of the parts, where the credits will go, when the game goes officialy online. think again why this system faild with rf online. and why they r trying to make such great amount of preorders. i can give u my answer now, becouse this system will ruin the game, and hopefuly CM at all, since they r trying to come on the market with nothing new, than a nasty jewish market trick.

"2. The very idea to split a community by RL income is anti-social and never should enter the realm of Online gaming. MMOs are a place where everyone no matter what age, income, background or whatever has a chance to become a someone by his abilities. This systme destroys this age old legacy of computer gaming.

BOYCOTT ARCHLORD - BOYCOTT LEGALIZATION OF GOLD FARMING !!!"

this quote is actuly the main reason why me(and thousand of other gamers) are reacting that bad. in fact CM r separating the comunity of worse,bad and good only by the taxes they pay. I still can't understand why when i am able and willing to play more than u for example i will have aslo to pay more for it!!!!!!! This is not only silly. The next step is to recive a tube with Lubricant when u buy the scuare account and to follow the very first steps of the game instrution- meaning to put down ur pants, to use the lubricant and to wait for the pain in the *ss.

p.s.s. and excuse me for the offence, but either u r silly or u get paid to write nonsences here. do u try to explain me there is no difference regarding the game-play between the square and the lord account? or maybe the only diference is the amount of bucks u will give to CM? and for what, for in-game addons that won't reflect the game play at all?! man, if u still belive in Santa, i steped over it about 25 years ago....