Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll for Role-players (Pretty long post, sorry)

RilixRilix Member Posts: 21

Hello all. I had a question for those out there who love role-playing. I know how much of a drag it can be not getting accepted into a beta, and being so excited to play that game. So most of the time you burn all your spare time on the message boards of that game. Like on wow for example. They added in that WoW role-playing forum for all of us role-players for something to do, and to establish friends until the great game finally comes out. To a lot of us, this just isn't enough though.

I have something new to offer, I have done this for 4 other games while they we're in there development stage, and it has proven to be a lot of fun, and a good way to burn free time, and burn those days that your counting down for WoW to come out, and it is also a great way to meet new friends before entering the great game World of Warcraft.

One of the games I did this for was StarWars galaxies. It proved to be really successful and people loved it. Basically what I do is create a role-playing fansite, only its not just for updates on whats going on in the world of warcraft. I also create an entire role-playing world, based on that game. I make tons of webpages with chat-rooms on each one, where players can come and role-play with others. Each chat-room has a theme, like a tavern, or dangerous forest. Each site with a chat has links to closest locations you can visit, so its like traveling in your mind.

Many of those who have played MUDs, or we're part of the AOL role-playing stuff will know what I am offering here. My normal fansite is just about ready to go, and I have already started the World of Warcraft Role-playing site. Only I don't want to continue unless I know a lot of people will participate in this.

I do think I will go through with it so far, I have had a lot of positive feedback on this through other sites. Mainly what I'm looking for is feedback from you role-players, if you think this would be fun, then please let me know.

The site will be private and have a password, those role-players who want to get in on this can join, its totally free. I do this to keep the grief people away from ruining the role-playing fun for the rest of us. This way they can't come invading the chatrooms whilst everyone is role-playing throwing stupid crap in the chat rooms.

Also these chat rooms are private and hosted by me. There not part of any programs like IRQ or AOL or anything, they are privatly hosted by me, and me only. Which means theres no way for people to go on net and search up ways into our chat room, the only way in, is through that webpage which is password protected. So we won't have to worry about the griefers busting in and screwing everything up. This is what makes my role-playing system much better then those public ones like on AOL/yahoo/AIM and all them. People always tend to come in a ruin in, saying stupid stuff out of character, not even having a clue how to roleplay, interupting or making fun of other role-players cause they don't realize what is going on here is actually "role-playing". So none of that is a worry with our Role-playing system.

I will also have a private messageboard specifically for the role-players. I will also have a complete in alphabetical order bio page. Here other role-players can look up a persons name, and find out there characters history and all that nifty stuff.

I will take the entire world of Azeroth and break it down into a text-based game basically won't be able to be standing in the troll city, then 2 seconds later be standing in the dwarf city. All locations will be broken down into zones and separated into there own chats for each one. Each location you go to will have a new list above, showing the closest locations you can go to next. This makes it a lot more realistic. There will be a lot of locations, and I will try to keep it as close to the world of warcraft theme as I can. I will be using a lot of WoW screenshots and such as backgrounds to really give the feel of each location. I will e-mail blizzard as well and see if I can get a few more screenshots of just simple backgrounds in different locations to help me fit all the locations properly.

Theres many things I offer through this for role-players that will definitely prove fun. You can open up your own business and such in towns of your race, or local towns as long as your aligned with the race that runs it. There will be a business section in the message-boards so people can check out what you sell, if your looking for workers, etc.  Also in your chat room, that page will list rules for your business, what you sell, things you'd like to say. All this will be listed.

Information on the location you enter will be on every chatroom you enter, the chatroom is placed on a webpage so theres plenty of space for me to work with, the top right corner box will be the list of locations close enough to visit. And the rest of the page will be a description of where you are now, the dangers if any, stuff of that sort. All this is to really give you the feel that you really in this place.

Guild leaders who are running RP guilds for World of Warcraft, I have stuff to offer you as well. I will advertise your guild, and if you want you can apply for a guild recruitment office, you get to choose what town, (only towns/cities that your race is aligned with) you would like it placed in. This is really cool too, cause players going through those towns will see your building and advertisement for your Guild Recruitment, this will allow them to come into your chat, and you can role-play your recruitment from there, and bam.. there ya go you got a new member for your world of warcraft guild.

We will also have monthly voting events, for many different things. Like who was the most successful recruiting guild. Who is this months best role-player. Who runs the most successful business. Who has proven to be the funnest role-player. Stuff like that. This can qualify winners for things to win, if there is anything. Example would be, if blizzard was to hook up our fansite with beta acceptance letters to give away, this could be one of the awards. Theres many different things that can be awarded. Awards probably won't start until the website is really established well.

I will also host events, and I will allow other role-players to do so as well. You can host any kind of event you would like, I will post it on the news bulletin, and when the time comes for it, all the role-players can come meet up.

Fighting will be different, cause there really is nothing to enforce rules, and nothing to role the dice to make fighting legit, everything will be based on Sim. I do require you keep fighting as realistic as possible, none of that "I punched you in the face, now your dead!" stuff.

I will be taking care of the site at all times, I will constantly be updating, adding new locations etc. So I will be easy to contact. I also will reply fast to those asking to host a business and stuff of that sort, so things will role by quick.

We will also have a tutorial to Role-Playing MUD terms most commonly used in text based Role-playing stuff nowadays. I'm sure most role-players already know them. But we will have a full tutorial page explaining commands used to express emotions, or actions, stuff of that sort. So if your new to role-playing, just diping your feet in, fear not! I will show you everything you will need to know to look like a professional role-player.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I must say, I only did this for 2 months for SWG, and within the end of the 2 months we had over 200 members joined with us. People we're really loving it, I never expected it to become such a success, especially considering it was Starwars galaxies, theres not much role-playing feel behind that time-line, atleast not as much as a medieval time-line like WoW.

I have had the question "Well after the game comes out, nobody is going to role-play on the site anymore there going to be playing WoW, what will happen then?" I am completely aware of this, as I stated above, this is for something fun to do until WoW comes out. Once the game goes gold and everyone is finally playing WoW, I will still keep the site running, but I will take down the role-playing chats. Or maybe I'll keep them up for things to do for people when servers go down and such, that I will decide when the time comes. Either way, the main Role-playing fansite will stay going. I will continue to advertise for guilds. Eventually I would also like to make my own guild which I will host through this fansite as well.

My main thing is my fansite, I don't need to make this role-playing site, but I have noticed there is a ton of role-players involved in WoW, and I saw this as a opportunity to do something to support all the role-players. I have been a role-playing fanatic most my life. And when I see the chance to do something really cool like this for other role-players, I jump right on it. So as long as everyone is interested in it. I can have it up and running by next weekend probably.

I am also looking for a few people interested in helping me throw together a good RP system to use, in these chats theres not many options, we can't have a dice roller or anything (unless someone can create one) that we can use for fighting systems and such. So I'm trying to figure out a good way to have the complete life system. How to handle coin, fighting and stuff of that sort. I already got the old system I always used on my other RP sites, but I was really looking to make up something new and improved. So if any ideas on that, you can contact me and share what you got.

If anyone who reads this would like to comment on this, suggest anything, or contact me for any reason, please go right ahead. Below I will list 2 ways of contacting me. If you happen to e-mail me, please say why your e-mailing me in the subject, like "Refering to your post on MMORPG" etc. I delete mail if I don't know who its from or what its about.

E-mail:[email protected]

Yahoo! ID:Shadow2DM3

Thanks to everyone who votes on the poll and replies. I'm sorry the post came out so long, I didn't realize I put so much stuff in it till after I finished typing. I hope you all enjoy my idea, if so I look forward to seeing you role-players on the site in the near future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In order to see the light, you must be in darkness
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

• tylerthedruitylerthedrui Member Posts: 304

man thats too long too green 4 me but thats cool man i took ur quiz

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

Not my thing, I prefer roleplaying inside the game and never felt interested in roleplaying in forums or chats, but I understand it can be interesting for others. Specially the tutorial. I might try the tutorial in fact... now I'd like to change my vote lol.