Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General questions for a EQII newb

VicerynViceryn Member Posts: 177

Hey guys, couple questions I have accumulated over my first few days playing this game...

1) How do I get better spells. For instance, I'm a dark elf necromancer. I have most of my beginning spell rank 2, but how do I get the adept spells besides finding them off mobs. I saw another level 8 necro and she had a bat that was on fire. I know this is an upgraded pet, but I don't know how to find them. And as I move up in levels and my spells don't, its getting harder and harder to take down these mobs. Any advice? Is there a trainer I can go to in Freeport? If so, how do I find them?

2) How do you make gold in this game. I'm coming from WoW and if you want to make lots of money you simply take up skinning and mining and in a few days you have large amounts of gold because of the auction house. Are there any tips on what to do in everquest? i just feel like as soon as i get money, it's gone buying a small piece of armor. the most silver i have had so far is like 30 and i'm level 10 right now.

That should be it for now...those are the two most pressing questions I need answered. If I think of anymore I will edit this or post again.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Comments

• Peregrine2Peregrine2 Member Posts: 169
    Well, for adepts basically you either have to find them off a monster, or you can try looking on the broker for them. Often they will be fairly expensive though. There are trainers but they only sell the App 2s. Another option is you can start crafting yourself, if you become the type of crafter that makes spells for your class, it's fairly easy to make App IVs at least, and if you get some rares you can make really nice Adept IIIs. Once you get to level 14, you'll get a training option, these come every 10 levels, and what they do is give you a choice of 4 spells, and whichever you choose gets bumped up all the way to Master II (which is as high as it can go.)

Gold is definitely tricky to start off with. I guess my basic recommendations are to save your money as much as possible. As a caster, you want to be upgrading your spells more than anything, and you can basically ignore armor until your spells are at a decent level. Also, sell everything you find, at the broker or in your inn room if you have a trading board, you can set up a sales stash, you'll need a bag or box to put things in. Adepts, weapons or armor you find, and especially collectible items (the ?s on the ground) can sell for a good bit. If you have some spare time, you can try to browse through the broker and look for things that are cheap that you can resell for a bit more, but that takes time and some knowledge of the market.

Also, do a lot of quests, they are your biggest source of cash rewards, as they will always offer cash in addition to an item that you can use or sell. As you level up you'll find your money problems won't bother you quite as much.

Hope this helps.