Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Corp creation question

VanillacreamVanillacream Member Posts: 344
A frend and myself just started EVE and are wanting to create a Corp so we can have a shared hanger/storage.

My questsion is about the Corp Skills needed to run the corp. It is becoming apperent I will need to work alot on Corp Skills.
This worries me because of the time it will take just to be allowed to do "simple" things like invite a player of a different standing/race.

So my question is as follows:

- When I get to invite my friend and upgrade his rank to same as mine can he then learn different Corp skills so we "share" the burden of managment?

Comments

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    Sadly no, Who ever is the CEO can upload his corp skills to the corp to match the limits to his skill, If your friend is only better in one area then it will reduce the values for the skills he doesn't have.

• VanillacreamVanillacream Member Posts: 344

Hm, I dont understand the reason of making Corps so "skill" oriented.

Ah well, no point in whining about something I really cant change.

So being a Corp leader is pretty much a 24/7 training effort? You can just kiss your fighting skills etc goodbye? Or is there not really very many skills?

EDIT:

I just thought of this. Lets say I have 2 accounts. I focus one to bring up all the Corp skills. Then once this is done I cancel the account, but leave that character in the Corp. Naturally upgrading my other characters rank full access. Will that keep that characters skills and keep the Corp up? And I can happly play on my other account?

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    not sure if I got what you were planning but I think I know what your asking, if that made sense. Corp stats only are updated when your CEO updates them through a manual process in the corp window. If a new CEO with little to no skills replaces the current CEO the old CEOs skills at the time of his last Update will effect the corp stats till the new CEO updates it.

As for why the Corps are skill based actually is quite usefull. it means that overall corps are only started by people who really wants to run them as Corp management is far from simple and if your not careful can easily run you itno the ground finacially. that said if you just want to share a hanger with a friend who is from a different background faction your looking at a max of 2 hours or so skilling maybe a tad more.  since all you'll need is corp Management II and Ethnic relations I.  If you want to run a large corp you'll need better skills which reflects more dedication to the position.

Originally posted by Nicoli
    not sure if I got what you were planning but I think I know what your asking, if that made sense. Corp stats only are updated when your CEO updates them through a manual process in the corp window. If a new CEO with little to no skills replaces the current CEO the old CEOs skills at the time of his last Update will effect the corp stats till the new CEO updates it.

As for why the Corps are skill based actually is quite usefull. it means that overall corps are only started by people who really wants to run them as Corp management is far from simple and if your not careful can easily run you itno the ground finacially. that said if you just want to share a hanger with a friend who is from a different background faction your looking at a max of 2 hours or so skilling maybe a tad more.  since all you'll need is corp Management II and Ethnic relations I.  If you want to run a large corp you'll need better skills which reflects more dedication to the position.

Good stuff, thats for clearing that out for me.
    Already I can see the community of EVE is top notch!
  • CowinspaceCowinspace Member Posts: 671
    As stated above, corp managment II (higher if you plan on having more members)

However I would raise Ethnic relations as high as you can ( III at least, IV if you can spare the time). The reason for this is it will not limit who you can hire (without this skill you cannot have other races in your corp, the higher this skill the greater the % of members of a race other than yours can join)

Ohh and don't go handing out hanger priveleges at random, anything valuable should be kept locked away.

Originally posted by Cowinspace
    As stated above, corp managment II (higher if you plan on having more members)

However I would raise Ethnic relations as high as you can ( III at least, IV if you can spare the time). The reason for this is it will not limit who you can hire (without this skill you cannot have other races in your corp, the higher this skill the greater the % of members of a race other than yours can join)

Ohh and don't go handing out hanger priveleges at random, anything valuable should be kept locked away.

Ah thanks. As for priveleges, its just for a friend and I. I doubt we will be looking for members, but I will keep that in mind.

PS, a little off topic but what is the crafting like? Are there any good site on crafting with guides etc?

PSS, that sig of yours with the sign is totaly wrong. I understand its supposed to "shock" ppl in feeling unsafe, but It gave me a laugh as the only thing correct was me using Win XP. Other then that my IP and browser was a miss.
  • AzirophosAzirophos Member Posts: 447

Originally posted by Vanillacream
    PS, a little off topic but what is the crafting like? Are there any good site on crafting with guides etc?

There is no real need for that like in, let's say WoW or Everquest.

You have a blueprint (original or copy, the latter having a limited number of items that can be built from it) and minerals (the larger the object to be built is, the more you need ofc) as the basics of construction. You rent a factory slot in a space station, put the blueprint and the minerals in it, and after a certain time (depending on the item and your skills - eg a few hours for a battleship), the item is done.

Further, blueprint originals (not copies) can be researched, so that they are more efficient (you need less minerals to build off those), and there are skills that improve on build time, the amount of items you can build simultaneously, and which reduce the mineral need.

Tech 2 production requires special restricted blueprints (only receivable only by a random system from agents - which sux tbh), a rare mineral and so called T2 components in addition to the usual minerals.

That's the basics.

------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Mandolin

Designers need to move away from the old D&D level-based model which was never designed for player vs player combat in the first place.