Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End Game

WARCRYtmWARCRYtm Member Posts: 875

hi all

I came here to know some things about this game,hope you help me ;)

1.Are servers verry populated?

2.How are the raids in EQ2?

a)How long does it take?

b)are they fun?

c)Are they difrent?(places,mobs,the way you do them)

3. Wath do you have to do besides raiding in this game wen you max your toon?

Thx for your help

Comments

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    I'd love to know why you're worried about end game. There are three expansions, and three adventure packs that allow you to get up to level 70. Unless you play obsessively, it's going to take you a very long time to get to end game. I've been playing a long time (about 2 years)  and have yet to see a raid though I know they exist.

If you're going to rush through the content just to reach the end game, then what's the point of playing?

Raiding is actually not all that popular thing to do and not all that common. A good game (like this one) continually releases new expansions so that you don't ever really end up in end game. Honestly, the fun is in getting there, it's not really in any end game.

• lillinlillin Member Posts: 207

Originally posted by WARCRYtm

hi all
    Hello
    Will try
    Only a few servers are decently populated, the rest are pretty sparse even in the high end.  For the populated servers check other threads where this question is answered alot.  Not being rude but you would find a more updated answer.
     a)How long does it take?
    Depends, some raids ( actual raid not gather time and so forth ) can take any where from 5 minutes to 3 hours.
     b)are they fun?
    Depends on what you classify as fun.  I dont find wading through trash mobs for a few hours to hit three raid targets as fun.  The raid targets that you can take on head on with out trash clearing are fun to me becuase you actually start at the challenge.  Either way its like any raid game, there is boring and fun raids.
    Difference in raids is only skin deep really.  While one may nuke poison and other ae cold ............. blah same stuff really.  Each mob i have seen does its own lil thing but nothing ya havent seen before, the devs have said they plan to make some more interesting stuff in EoF expansion but take that for what its worth.
    Nothing really.  These guys will tell ya to tradeskill or go help guildies do quest but lets get real, that can be fun but it gets old real fast.  Most tradeskills have been nerfed of usefulness so its not really profitable or feasible for time spent.  You will most likely be like the other guys frothing at the mouths waiting for the next expansion to come out while doing the same five instances over and over to get masters to sell.
    Thx for your help

• WARCRYtmWARCRYtm Member Posts: 875

Moirae i want a game to be there for a long time, i dont want to max my chat and than i have nothing to do.That is why i did this tred.

I heard something about quests that lead me to raids, and quests that level my guild(are they raid centric?)

Last post made me ceptical about the end game of this game,no one knows nothing more about EQ2 end game?(I am not a trade skils guy nor a alt leveler)

Thx for your help

• mlbdudemlbdude Member Posts: 21

Don't know much about end game yet, but I can make some comments.  You have three levels you are working to advance.  Your adventure level, your artisian level (if you do tradecrafting), and your guild level if you are in a guild.  There are special kinds of quests that add to your guilds experience level - Herritage Quests and Writs.  HQ's are the biggest and often take many hours to complete.  The first one I did had many steps with the final step into a raid instance.  It was lots of fun and raiding at lvl 20 was not something I though could happen.  Apparenly there is lots of raid content for all levels so you could be raiding while getting to end game.

With all the content and things to do I have at this point about equalled my total play time in WoW getting to lvl 60 and I am only lvl 33/35/28 so the commetns about it taking awhile to get there are valid.  And a new expansion is coming yet.

The server I play on is the Lucan RP server.  It is very well populated with lots of new players not just alts.  However, this may depend on when you play.  If you are a US east or west coast population is not an issue.

Hope that is usefull.

• XanrnXanrn Member Posts: 154
    Moirae, play obessively? Yeah f@ck off.

I played Half arsed and got to 70 in 6 months. This game throws XP at you left right and centre. 3000+ Quests, XP for Exploration, Vitality, Bonus XP events.

playing 1 hour a day you would hit 70 in a year, if not less.

End Game... Depedns on your Guild. Luckly though raids in EQ2 are pretty small Max 24 (4 groups of 6), so even small guilds/guild alliances raid.

Plus there are raids from guild lvl 5 every lvl. Several events and Raid Mobs wondering around.

You can start raiding about lvl 20 if you get the chance.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    See that little report button on the top right? Great invention that. Hope you like to be reported for what you said. Have a nice day. :)

• fawdfawd Member Posts: 367

Originally posted by lillin

hi all
    Hello
    Will try
    Only a few servers are decently populated, the rest are pretty sparse even in the high end.  For the populated servers check other threads where this question is answered alot.  Not being rude but you would find a more updated answer.
     a)How long does it take?
    Depends, some raids ( actual raid not gather time and so forth ) can take any where from 5 minutes to 3 hours.
     b)are they fun?
    Depends on what you classify as fun.  I dont find wading through trash mobs for a few hours to hit three raid targets as fun.  The raid targets that you can take on head on with out trash clearing are fun to me becuase you actually start at the challenge.  Either way its like any raid game, there is boring and fun raids.
    Difference in raids is only skin deep really.  While one may nuke poison and other ae cold ............. blah same stuff really.  Each mob i have seen does its own lil thing but nothing ya havent seen before, the devs have said they plan to make some more interesting stuff in EoF expansion but take that for what its worth.
    Nothing really.  These guys will tell ya to tradeskill or go help guildies do quest but lets get real, that can be fun but it gets old real fast.  Most tradeskills have been nerfed of usefulness so its not really profitable or feasible for time spent.  You will most likely be like the other guys frothing at the mouths waiting for the next expansion to come out while doing the same five instances over and over to get masters to sell.
    Thx for your help

okay, i gotta pop in on this one.   That is probably the most single sidest post i have ever seen.  you gave the game almost no credit at all.   Even if you hated the game, there must be something that you liked or enjoyed.   (these are the types of posts that you shouldnt listen to.   If you really want to know stuff about the game, ask someone that will give you a real opinion with pros and cons).

On to my opinion and reply of your questions. 

Yes.  Compared to most MMOs, the servers are populated,  not as much as something like WoW tho.   The levels of people seem to be spread out evenly, always new players joining the game/server.

I have some experience in raids, although not much, im not at the level cap yet. 

a)How long does it take?

Anywhere from a few minutes to 4-5 hours. 

b)are they fun?

Of coarse.   Some are better than others, each one is different and cool in its own way.   Although, if you dont have someone in the raid that is experiencd and knows what they are doing, it can be hard and fustrating running through them.   *cough*  DFC etc.   To really enjoy the raids, join a big guild.  Guild raids are always the most fun and most organized. 

c)Are they diffrent?(places,mobs,the way you do them)

Yes.   the place and location always change.  I really enjoy the environments in EQ2, but, the raid mobs seem to use the same stradegy all around.  as lilin said, this will hopefully be changing with EoF.

Well, there are AA  (alternet advancements)  which is basicly even more levels to gain beyond the lvl 70 cap.  You can do many quests, PvP if you in a PvP server (which I love once you get past the minor ganking problem).  Work within your guild, tradeskill, gain status for horses, armor, etc.   PvP servers, imo, allow an endless amount of content.  There is always someone to kill, and always a chance to be killed.  Gotta watch your back and take precausions when wandering around the world of Norath.

Overall, EQ2 is still a game being developed and prefected.   Yes, SOE devs have a problem with nerfing fun classes, but, in the end, i think it works out the balancing issue.  I personally love the PvP servers, Nafagen is EXTREMELY populated,  but Freeport is kinda over powering the Qeynosians atm.  End game is fun, and content is consistantly being released as live updates, adventure packs, and expansions.

If you want my advise, play EQ2, and enjoy the ride to the level cap.  Have fun, experience all the zones and locations.  Dont just rush through the game.  It always helps to have a top of the line computer aswell.  

Hope i helped,

-=DW=-FawD.eZ

• shadout00shadout00 Member Posts: 253

1). Are the servers very populated?

The servers tend to fluctuate. Antonia Bayle and Nagafen are now the two most populated servers, but before them I believe Mistmoore and Antonia Bayle were. Nagafen is the first normal PVP server and many people move here than the other ones. I have played on Mistmoore and Nagefen and I can honestly say, they do not feel like they are overpopulated, if thats what you're wondering.

2). How are the raids in EQ2?

The raids in EQ2 are fun. After experiencing lots of WoW and EQ2 raids, I think they both have their different styles. Raids usually take 2-5 hours, obviously depending on the zone. There are some 2 and 3 group raid mobs that take 10 minutes, but raid zones take hours. Fun factor is a completely biased point of view. I personally love raiding to explore, beat the unbeaten, new loot and bond. I think the raids are all fun, the boring ones are the frustrating ones.  EQ2 uses many methods to raiding. There are mobs in the game that have AoE timers, so every 50-55 seconds a huge poison DOT will be unleashed and everybody has to run in sync out of the range. A monk has to pull the boss mob an exact way so they follow a certain pathing, or else the boss wipes the whole raid. The raiding in EQ2 is one of the better for MMO's.

3). What do you do end game, besides raiding?

When you hit 70, you have another set of levels called alternate advancement. Exactly like Everquest 1, this is just another skill advancement tree. In WoW you get a point every time you level. In EQ2 you earn AA exp by questing, exploring and discovering. When you hit 70, your adventure EXP converts to AA exp, so that you can max all 50 AA's faster.

If you're going to try EQ2, try the PVP. Many people who turn their heads away only played the beginning content, at which even myself quit. It was VERY bad when it launched. Hard to level, content lacked, lots of flaws....now that I have been playing since the PVP servers launched I have zero regrets. Don't judge until you try.

• fawdfawd Member Posts: 367

Originally posted by shadout00

The servers tend to fluctuate. Antonia Bayle and Nagafen are now the two most populated servers, but before them I believe Mistmoore and Antonia Bayle were. Nagafen is the first normal PVP server and many people move here than the other ones. I have played on Mistmoore and Nagefen and I can honestly say, they do not feel like they are overpopulated, if thats what you're wondering.
    The raids in EQ2 are fun. After experiencing lots of WoW and EQ2 raids, I think they both have their different styles. Raids usually take 2-5 hours, obviously depending on the zone. There are some 2 and 3 group raid mobs that take 10 minutes, but raid zones take hours. Fun factor is a completely biased point of view. I personally love raiding to explore, beat the unbeaten, new loot and bond. I think the raids are all fun, the boring ones are the frustrating ones.  EQ2 uses many methods to raiding. There are mobs in the game that have AoE timers, so every 50-55 seconds a huge poison DOT will be unleashed and everybody has to run in sync out of the range. A monk has to pull the boss mob an exact way so they follow a certain pathing, or else the boss wipes the whole raid. The raiding in EQ2 is one of the better for MMO's.
    When you hit 70, you have another set of levels called alternate advancement. Exactly like Everquest 1, this is just another skill advancement tree. In WoW you get a point every time you level. In EQ2 you earn AA exp by questing, exploring and discovering. When you hit 70, your adventure EXP converts to AA exp, so that you can max all 50 AA's faster.
    If you're going to try EQ2, try the PVP. Many people who turn their heads away only played the beginning content, at which even myself quit. It was VERY bad when it launched. Hard to level, content lacked, lots of flaws....now that I have been playing since the PVP servers launched I have zero regrets. Don't judge until you try.

This, is a great post.      I totally agree with everything said here. 
  • lillinlillin Member Posts: 207

Originally posted by fawd

Originally posted by shadout00

This, is a great post.      I totally agree with everything said here. 

When this guy agrees with what he sees it is coined a great post.  When this same person sees a post that he doesnt agree with, it is one sided. 

Notice the questions he answered for you, same answers i gave except instead of saying some raids are fun and some are boring, he says some raids are " funner " then others.  Tomatoe / Tomawta

Notice how he says DFC is hard with bad raid force ............. this instanced raid zone is linear, only one way to go and only one possible way to screw up and that is not hitting the jail cell before you zone into the courtyard.  The end boss is not what i would consider a raid target either, high hp group mob at best.  Level 35ish raid for finishing two Heritage Quest.  Shiny Brass Shield and fogot the other item ................

The aa's they are selling as endgame are maxed at fifty, you make achoice of which areas you want to spend the points in .......... think diablo 2 skill trees, buy so many the next unlocks, but in doing so you dont get the others.  It really doesnt make a difference what you pick though the devs themselves explained the aa's were not designed to be needed or required. 

If you want to truely understand eq2 raiding, raid any other game.  Just in eq2 you click more buttons then in eq1.

Far as server fluctuations ................ they negleted to mention 20 servers were combined into 10.  Is this the type of fluctuation you like?

In all honesty i think this game is more entertaining the WoW.  Basically becuase i can find a few more mature people to play with.  THe immaturity is still strong and growing as the game gets easier though, the price we pay for mainstream i guess.

Anyway if your wanting into a raid guild and im guessing hardcore raid guild since you seem mostly curious about the endgame .......... make a dirge, coercer, monk, warden/templar ........... i see those classes being asked for the most on the lower populated servers.

Oh and yes, the questing leading up to raiding does exist, they start out as solo and build up to raiding. 

• NiberNiber Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by lillin

hi all
    Hello
    Will try
     a)How long does it take?
     b)are they fun?
    Thx for your help

Dead on .

Running Vyemm, Lyceum, Deathtoll, and Halls of Seeing gets old fairly quickly especially considering the only raid zone that drops consistant gear upgrades is Vyemm.  These zones are run once a week and generally (for expereinced guilds) take less than an hour.

The end game is terrible, period.  Any of the top raid guilds will tell you that (SEE: Dissolution, NPU, etc.), most of them are sticking around to see if the next expansion EoF finally delivers or if it'll be strike 3 for SOE.

PS. Make sure you roll a toon on a RP or PvP server or you'll never see 70 without someone power leveling you, the population gaps are HUGE.