Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Thoughts

fero1111fero1111 Member Posts: 17

Although I do not post a lot I am constantly trolling forums and reading posts and reviews about games, hardware and software. I will always be in the mindless hunt for the mmorpg that gives me the sensations that EQ1 did when I 1st started gaming.

I have traversed through EQ1 for 6 years moving on to EQ2,WOW,COV,DOAC,EVE,AA,Saga of Ryzom, back to EQ1 then back to WOW which I am still playing at the moment.  Each one of these games has its pros and cons for each individual. Some games are very enjoyable to play while leveling up, but thier end game lacks thought while others are grindingly boring to level and have great end game play.

I am an avid pvper that doesnt have the time for prolonged pve raids. Archlord has peaked my interest in the pvp aspect of the game. I have never played a korean made game so this will be new to me.

I am not a FPS gamer nor a PVE gamer. Each class of player expects games to meet thier type of game play. FPSrs want fast pace pvp with a strict skill set while the PVErs  want enriching quests and group play. I want something in between.

Archlord may provide both to the in between players like myself. Time will tell once the game is released. I am looking forward to something new and will give this game a shot to form my own opinions. ATM i am bored to death with WOW gameplay and pvp, so maybe this will refresh my gaming mind.

Forums in this day and time tend to become flamefests instead of constructive learning posts for pros and cons of games.

Comments

• greatwulfgreatwulf Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by fero1111
    Forums in this day and time tend to become flamefests instead of constructive learning posts for pros and cons of games.

Yep, sad it is. Avoiding to reply must i.
    Well, its really sad to see peoples dont have a clue about a game and bashing it already. Plenty of examples here on the forum....

• HorashioHorashio Member Posts: 33

Amen.

• RyuukoGoRyuukoGo Member Posts: 235

Hmm... I thought AL was still in Closed Beta for the English Version and under the NDA the Testers Signed they are not supposed to discuss it?

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Originally posted by RyuukoGo

Hmm... I thought AL was still in Closed Beta for the English Version and under the NDA the Testers Signed they are not supposed to discuss it?

It is and they aren't. Go figure.

• fero1111fero1111 Member Posts: 17

I am not in beta! I dont waste my time trying games till they are tested, released, and given a month to worked most of the bugs out. If I hit the nail on the head about Archlord then kudos to me. That only makes me happy that it is going the direction  i hope for in a game.

Either you didnt comprehend what I wrote or decided to jump off topic.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102
    I have come to the conclusion that community is 100% of a game. Do you want to play a game that nobody is playing and is getting flamed to hell? Not really :P I had a lot of fun riding the initial excitement around RF-Online, DDO & FoM. Especially DDO - people came out of nowhere, laid down their $30 and had a lot of fun and made some good friends.

So .. it all comes down to whether I log on and meet a bunch of nice lads that are all eagre to see what its about and inevitably if they all leave I aint playing a game with nobody on it :P

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• greatwulfgreatwulf Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by grimboj
    I have come to the conclusion that community is 100% of a game. Do you want to play a game that nobody is playing and is getting flamed to hell? Not really :P I had a lot of fun riding the initial excitement around RF-Online, DDO & FoM. Especially DDO - people came out of nowhere, laid down their $30 and had a lot of fun and made some good friends.So .. it all comes down to whether I log on and meet a bunch of nice lads that are all eagre to see what its about and inevitably if they all leave I aint playing a game with nobody on it :P

Well, i would say just ignore those few flamers here. We wont miss em. ::::20::

• GamepausedGamepaused Member Posts: 24

I have come to the conclusion that community is 100% of a game. Do you want to play a game that nobody is playing and is getting flamed to hell? Not really :P I had a lot of fun riding the initial excitement around RF-Online, DDO & FoM. Especially DDO - people came out of nowhere, laid down their $30 and had a lot of fun and made some good friends.

So .. it all comes down to whether I log on and meet a bunch of nice lads that are all eagre to see what its about and inevitably if they all leave I aint playing a game with nobody on it :P

Not too many play this game and as the weeks go by it will become less and less. If you want a packed community you should try elsewhere
  • grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by Gamepaused

Not too many play this game and as the weeks go by it will become less and less. If you want a packed community you should try elsewhere

lol one account not enough for you anymore?

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• GamepausedGamepaused Member Posts: 24

lol one account not enough for you anymore?

I only have one acct as of now
  • LilithIshtarLilithIshtar Member Posts: 667

As the weeks go by more and more will be playing. We already have so many playing, and it's going well. Of course we have the occasional loser and idiot like yourself, but all games have that. ^^

Independant, Shinto, Lesbian, and Proud!

When the game goes live there will be plenty of people playing. If they stay depends on a lot.

Most beta players are what I call "Closet Rats". Gamers that migrate from free game play to free game play, never offering constructive advice , but there to feed thier own epeen power to destruct what should have been and what they think should of been. Beta players are ticks on the mmorpg genre. They suck till the game goes live then never pay to play. When a new game comes along they fall off the tree, attach themselves and suck some more.

When will the developers learn to keep things closed beta?

If you are a closet rat I hope they feed you strictnine! 

1.When the game goes live there will be plenty of people playing. If they stay depends on a lot.
    2.Most beta players are what I call "Closet Rats". Gamers that migrate from free game play to free game play, never offering constructive advice , but there to feed thier own epeen power to destruct what should have been and what they think should of been. Beta players are ticks on the mmorpg genre. They suck till the game goes live then never pay to play. When a new game comes along they fall off the tree, attach themselves and suck some more.
     3.When will the developers learn to keep things closed beta?
    4.If you are a closet rat I hope they feed you strictnine! 

1.Plenty as in 200-500k in 6 months...or 4 mil in a year?

2.My guess you do not get too many invites to a Beta?

3.So how exactly are they supposed to test Server loads,NPC's pathing,AI and so without a few thousand on?  

On one Beta we were asked to Login in at the same time...the Developers wanted to see what happens with 500+ Logons.

4.See #2.

1.When the game goes live there will be plenty of people playing. If they stay depends on a lot.
    2.Most beta players are what I call "Closet Rats". Gamers that migrate from free game play to free game play, never offering constructive advice , but there to feed thier own epeen power to destruct what should have been and what they think should of been. Beta players are ticks on the mmorpg genre. They suck till the game goes live then never pay to play. When a new game comes along they fall off the tree, attach themselves and suck some more.
     3.When will the developers learn to keep things closed beta?
    4.If you are a closet rat I hope they feed you strictnine! 

1.Plenty as in 200-500k in 6 months...or 4 mil in a year?
    2.My guess you do not get too many invites to a Beta?
    3.So how exactly are they supposed to test Server loads,NPC's pathing,AI and so without a few thousand on?  
    On one Beta we were asked to Login in at the same time...the Developers wanted to see what happens with 500+ Logons.
    4.See #2.

I dont do beta's. I leave it to the closet rats. Your post reads and is written like you post a lot somewhere. It reads like a lot of posts I see at the wow forums. 

I say 150-300k players in the first month. Closed beta can have as many as they want its just by invitation only. See first answer.

I dont do beta's. I leave it to the players who are intelligent,patient,mature and follow the NDA.

Your post reads and is written like you post a lot somewhere. It reads like a lot of posts I see at the wow forums. 

Fixed...I played the WoW Beta and Retail for a few months and never posted at the regular forum...but have been playing,beta testing Games for about 8 years...and even hosted a few FPS Games off a T1 I used to have.