Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest Beta Movie

Comments

• JenovehJenoveh Member Posts: 9
    If only that were real... 

• RedruumRedruum Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Haha, Vertex I love that movie! AoC looks very promising indeed!
  • TurddTurdd Member Posts: 47
    Wow AoC graphiucs look so real 

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857
    Heh, if the graphics and gameplay were really like that, we'd be buried under a mountain of people rushing to this game, then caught up in a rip tide as they go back cause its too hard for them to play :P

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• PoemasterPoemaster Member Posts: 80
    ok so that was a joke right thats not a real trailor?
    otherwise who the hell uses an RL fight for their MMO trailer....

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Originally posted by Poemaster
    ok so that was a joke right thats not a real trailor?
    otherwise who the hell uses an RL fight for their MMO trailer....

Yeah it was a joke. For those that dont recognize the scene, its a clip from the movie Troy, the warrior featured in it is the nearly invincible Greek hero known as Achilles, someone posted that sucker up on youtobe as a gag, below is a link to the official trailers.

These are done with ingame beta or alpha footage, meaning A. everything you see will be possible to do/experience and B. the graphics and animation will be even better by release
    Clicky

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• StunnaStunna Member Posts: 1
    Oo ^^ very real 

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

bah! those graphics sucked and it was obviously instanced.. the angles are all wrong, there's no way to control your character unless it's just another point and click to attack MMO where you spam your favorite attacks, in this case, boring spin effects.. lame.. if this is typical combat for AoC, it's going to suck!

yes, I'm kidding.. I realize this was from the movie Troy and it wasn't in fact AoC, but I thought it would be fun to respond like a typical naysayer.

so...

• FlaebFlaeb Member Posts: 91
    hahahahah thx for the good laugh 

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221
    BAH, looks like twich combat with few combat skills and a lot of grinding.... meh... Graphics are OKeish, although not realistic at all.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• motiv3motiv3 Member Posts: 30

man you gotta love greek legends...

• tepthtanistepthtanis Member Posts: 545

I hope I can spin "MY" shield around like that to stop arrows! I hate getting shot in the rear.

Played Wow, D and L, AOC, GW, Eve, Rift and many more insignificant games.

• Vertex1980Vertex1980 Member Posts: 951

Originally posted by tepthtanis

I hope I can spin "MY" shield around like that to stop arrows! I hate getting shot in the rear.

You know, Troy is actually one of my favorite movies.  Filled with action, and Brad Pitt wasn't a bad actor either.

As for that "move" with the shield, that was pretty damn slick if you ask me.