Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings

I think that games gonna be sweeeeet looks cool, what about you all :)

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

Comments

• VaterexVaterex Member UncommonPosts: 379

If you want my Opinion, I think the game is going to Suck...but that is just me. ::::23::

{image
  • MajorjujuMajorjuju Member Posts: 11
    This game apparently will have a combat system similar to the final fantasy series, if this proves to be true the game may suck since FF11 didnt do too well. However if it has a good combat system it could be one of the best mmo's of the year ;)

(\ (\
    (O.o)
    ((")(")

• TheRedDreadTheRedDread Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Not sure what you mean by FFXI didn't do too well, they're doing an awesome job.

I have high expectations for LOTR Online, I hope it doesn't turn out to be guildwars, where you can play the entire game without interacting with other players.

• BlueCoyoteBlueCoyote Member Posts: 244

Originally posted by Majorjuju
    This game apparently will have a combat system similar to the final fantasy series, if this proves to be true the game may suck since FF11 didnt do too well. However if it has a good combat system it could be one of the best mmo's of the year ;)

I've heard a lot of things about LOTRO over three years, but I've never heard its combat engine compared to FFXI. Where the heck do you get that?
  • SaracorSaracor Member UncommonPosts: 8
    From playing the alpha at PAX the engine is similar to DDO (using the same base) but is more advanced. It has more of a feel of WoW than DDO, however. The attacks, skills, powers, etc. flow better than DDO does and the combat is more akin to other MMOs than DDO (as DDO tries to emulate P&P D&D). So far it is very impressive in the stage it is in. Graphics are nice, better environments than DDO though it seemed that it was toned down a bit from the peak I've seen screenshots of in order to run better for a demo.

I'm happy about what I've seen so far and can't wait for the beta to open up more!

• MercenarriMercenarri Member Posts: 5
    I would be incredibly happy if the combat resembles that of FFXI. The AI in LotRO is so advanced, testers at several european conventions found it difficult completing the "Weathertop" mission. You get flanked, they target the weakest first, they talk to each other, its quite amazing.

It's going to be a ~7 month closed beta, no open beta, I think it's going to be flawless :)

• rillexrillex Member Posts: 14
    Watching those combat videos reminds me of world of warcraft, slow attacking .. just hate that !

• MercenarriMercenarri Member Posts: 5
    They stated already that the combat will be quickened, because many people thought the same as you did. Developers of LotRO proved they do listen to their customers demand, I think this is the game that Turbine will show their full worth.

• RuffyDRuffyD Member Posts: 23

I will have high hopes for LotRO combat system and hope it won't be like EQ2, WoW or Guild Wars..

• CooktasticoCooktastico Member Posts: 599
    I hope it's sweet. I'd be excited if I got in the beta, but I also help it's a little different than the movies. I would like to do a lot more than walk everywhere (see: Clerks 2) Lawl

• MouthMouth Member Posts: 113

IMO they will struggle with this title. So many critics and so little room to be truely creative. And the world is a bit too "nice" imo as well.

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
    LOL FF11 combat is horrible.  It is a pretty big sucess in japan though.

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• ApocalypticaApocalyptica Member Posts: 491
    Well I am just back from the Games Convention in Leipzig/Germany and was able to play LotR there. I find the handling of the game close to DDO. The graphics are ok. Did not havfe that much time to play as there where hundreds of poeple behinnd me. I will definitely give it a try though.

------------------------------------------------------
    Do I ever sleep?

• MajorjujuMajorjuju Member Posts: 11
    Mnnn i would like to see and ES ( Elderscrolls ) Combat stysem on an MMORPG. First person style with a nice oblivion psyics engine, great concept however 1 problem i imagine.. Server lag :

(\ (\
    (O.o)
    ((")(")

• mlauzonmlauzon Member UncommonPosts: 767

Originally posted by Rideon
    I think that games gonna be sweeeeet looks cool, what about you all :)

It may be 'sweet' as you put if, if the people at Turbine do not make every damn thing an instance like they did with DDO...it's damn annoying when you want to go into a shop and it has to load it, and then load to exit.

--
    Michael

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876

Originally posted by Justice87

If you want my Opinion, I think the game is going to Suck...but that is just me. ::::23::

To be honest, it's going to be more advance in every way than 2moons, korean clones etc.

Anyhow...

The lack of PvP is the thing that turns me off the most and the linear gameplay and I get a feeling it will be rather "short", no MMORPG shouldnt feel like a linear single-player game.

But on the other hand, the gameplay/AI and so on is sugee.

I will get this game for retail and probaly play it for one or two months because paying a subscription fee for something that _I THINK_ won't have that many updates and tilt - Or if the role-play in the game will be good, both the playerbase and game mechanics enabling it - it might get more attention from my wallet.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

• DanhildermanDanhilderman Member Posts: 67
    I can't see Turbine implementing slow paced combat.  AC had extremely fast paced combat (tanking 10+ mobs at a time, super quick melee).  DDO is the way it is because it has to follow the P&P DD.

• OgNerdOgNerd Member Posts: 3
    yeah i just hope its gonna be cool haha

Love....
    Is
    Hate

• kaufmankaufman Member Posts: 3

I hope its going to be a good game, I've been looking forward to it for a looong time ::::02::

• BlueCoyoteBlueCoyote Member Posts: 244

Originally posted by Taipans

Not only are you lying, since LOTRO is still only in its Alpha phases and hasn't entered beta, but if you weren't lying, you would be kicked out for violating the NDA.
  • mussardmussard Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I for one cant wait for this to be released and have a go playing

• geckomangeckoman Member Posts: 8
    As a long time LOTR fan, and seeing what I've seen so far of this game, I just cannot wait to play it!!   And I really, really, really, really hope I get chosen for beta!! 
  • mussardmussard Member UncommonPosts: 26
    well i think ive probably got more chance of winning the lottery than getting a chance to beta but hey i think it would be worth the bloody long wait 

• KalumKalum Member Posts: 23
    I have a question...so this game hasnt entered its open beta phase yet, why are we discussing it?  Seems to me all, its going to do is entice people to break the NDA.
  • CisnetCisnet Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by geckoman
    As a long time LOTR fan, and seeing what I've seen so far of this game, I just cannot wait to play it!!   And I really, really, really, really hope I get chosen for beta!! 

Amen, been waiting along time for it to come out. Cant wait.