Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ETA on max lvl ?

6SlipKnoT66SlipKnoT6 Member CommonPosts: 144
topic says it all.

Comments

• XanrnXanrn Member Posts: 154
    No it says sod all, Fool...

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    How long does it take to get to max level? I've been playing this game for years and have yet to reach max level. So it's all about how into the game you are.

• Plasuma!!!Plasuma!!! Member Posts: 1,872
    Only took me 5 months. It was really boring getting there, and it remains boring. Thus, I quit.
  • NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

I played the game from release up until about a month ago, with a few short breaks here and there in between.  I got to 50 before the first expansion came out, 60 before the second one did, and came real close to 70 before I quit.  It's really not that bad leveling anymore.  It was worse when the game first came out, but it's gotten a lot better. 

It still depends largely on how much you put into the game, though.  If you're a really hard core player you can get to 70 in a matter or 3 or 4 months (I've seen it done in shorter, but believe me, you don't want to be one of those people).  If you're a more average to casual player it may take you longer, maybe up to a year or a little less.  Your first player always takes the longest, though, for obvious reasons.  It's really not that bad though, regardless of how long it takes you.  In my opinion it's the most fun MMO out there, and if you like it you wont even notice how long it takes you to reach cap.

NOTE:  If you're wondering why I quit the game if I like it so much, the answer is simple.  Due to real life (school, girlfriend, social life, job) I've decided to lay down MMOs alltogether for the time being.  It's nothing against EQ2 in particular, I just don't have the time to devote to MMOs anymore.

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    It's not a grindy as it was before but why would you want to rush through a game ? It sounds like you want to ruin the experince in order to powerlevel and then get bored because you missed out on most of the content.

ETA = take your time and enjoy the game. Do some crafting, do some quests, group with people, chat with folks and have fun. If you want to rush then no game will be fuin for you.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• lillinlillin Member Posts: 207

I started day 1 of eq2.  Back then it was a bit more tedious to level. So it would take months to level to 50 then a month to hit 60, then a month to hit 70.

Now days i have seen toons jump from 1 to 70 just over a months time.  And they are fixing to up xp tables so maybe a month to hit max level soon if not less.

• bouncingsoulbouncingsoul Member Posts: 211

Originally posted by Plasuma!!!
    Only took me 5 months. It was really boring getting there, and it remains boring. Thus, I quit.

says the level 24 monk on the Mistmoore Server.

Seriously man, give it up. You're a wanna be hardcore MMO player but you don't possess the ability to actually stick with one and advance within it.
  • fawdfawd Member Posts: 367

i agree with bouncingsoul.  I think there are a majority of people on these forums that are speaking out against EQ2 just because they can.   Maybe its the aftershock of that whole EQ2 vs WoW phase?  I have no idea.

Unfortunately, its the same way with all games that have a heated rivalry. 

• shadout00shadout00 Member Posts: 253

I've played WoW and EQ2 both to 60. I can honestly say that WoW probably takes a good 2-4 days of real life playing time (48-96 hours) LESS than EQ2 does to get to 60. Now from 60-70 it will take another 2-4 days for EQ2. It is much easier and faster to level in  WoW than EQ2. In EQ2 you can solo, but the EXP is horrid even with questing. In WoW you can solo and quest and make more progress than you can with a group (in most cases). I remember when EQ2 first came out the first guys to 20 took about 30-40 hours, in WoW you can get to level 20 in 22 hours easy (no powerleveling, just grind). I've seen people get from 1-50 in less than a week. You cannot do that in EQ2 unless you're powerleveled or have a bunch of collection quest turn ins, which is impossible if you're just starting to gather all of those right away.

To this EQ2 being fun offtopic conversation....it really depends what you like. I have played every just about every MMO to date, I can honestly say that WoW and EQ2 are my top two, but EQ2 is number 1 because of the community. Honestly the popularity of WoW is not because it is a great game, but its simplicity (wonder why you see 12 year olds that have level 60 characters?) and foundation from Blizzard, Warcraft 1-3 and Blizzard's history of attractiing world wide players (I.E Warcraft and Starcraft world wide ladder matches).

• SyriSyri Member UncommonPosts: 230

Originally posted by M1sf1t
    It's not a grindy as it was before but why would you want to rush through a game ? It sounds like you want to ruin the experince in order to powerlevel and then get bored because you missed out on most of the content.

ETA = take your time and enjoy the game. Do some crafting, do some quests, group with people, chat with folks and have fun. If you want to rush then no game will be fuin for you.

best advice i've seen. i've only recently started on eq2, but played daoc a lot before that, mostly in pve, and to me at least, it's not all about getting a top level character, it's about the enjoyment of getting to that top level, and the journey there.

------------------------------
    Currently playing: Rift

former player of: DAoC, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, SWG (pre-NGE), WoW, Warhammer online, LotR:O