Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some video in real game from mr ThachSanh

VistaanVistaan Member Posts: 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjlYMQ8jC4U

this is a video of ThachSanh about skill and combo in real 9D vietnamese game u can enjoy it . There is a lots more there , if u want u can search the authour Thacsanh .

To mr Thach my bro who is in Vietnam send me that link and i have post here for the people who is waiting the 9D . I hope i can have ur permitsion . Sorry i can ask u first but i dont know how to make contact with u . And thx for  the video it's real great

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Hmm...the animations are done poorly. it seems to try to give you an over-the-top feeling, but it completely fails at that.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402
    Whats wrong with the animations? For the engine the game is using, the game combat animations seem to flow just fine. the game itself doesnt have the depth required for a 2006 game, but then again its upposed to be free.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• _Onyx__Onyx_ Member Posts: 1

I think it looks sick, and the animations flow, its not chopy, and there quite better then some of the major games played, at least i think, i dont know much about animation my self, but this game has style.....we'll see how the actual game play is...then we can truely judge. Now at days everything looks good.

• ThachsanhThachsanh Member Posts: 331

Heheh, I don't know what to tell you. Character animations in this game are some of the best i have seen in a long time, and I have played just about every MMORPG that ever releaseed in the US or Europe. The combat animations do have less frame rate than fighting game such as Soul Calibur series but the detail of the animations is pretty much on par with console fighting game.

If you notice very carefully, you will see each movement of your character's hand, the food work in every skill are very carefully done. And the seer amount of animations, you have about 400+ different combat animations.

Here is a more complete collection

http://phpbb.acclaim.com/9dragons/viewtopic.php?t=361

Its not like the animations are wild and dont make sense. They flow, and look cool, the engine doesnt allow for reactions to the current action, but its fine. It would look alot better if the mob coult react to how it was being attacked.. but then again.. supposted to be free so stuff like that can slide.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

Originally posted by DeserttFoxx
    Its not like the animations are wild and dont make sense. They flow, and look cool, the engine doesnt allow for reactions to the current action, but its fine. It would look alot better if the mob coult react to how it was being attacked.. but then again.. supposted to be free so stuff like that can slide.

This game does not mean to be a break through. It just doing what every MMORPG does but in a different way. Every MMORPG or RPG I have seen in the market has 3 animation for the mob when it's attacked. The get hit animation, the dodge animation and the parry animation. It doesnt matter if you hit the mob high, low, from behind or from the side, it will only play a hit animation.

Even in console fighting games you don't get a different animation every time you get hit differently. You can attack in a lot of ways but you can only get hit in a certain way. That's just the way computer animation works right now. Make your character model react differently depends on where it get hit? lol, I don't think the current graphic engines are there yet.
  • IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Some interesting videos there. I enjoyed the animations. I'm not picky but the moves in the various videos flows for the most part very well together. And the Sacred Flower's weapons in the one video...awesome.

Whats wrong with the animations? For the engine the game is using, the game combat animations seem to flow just fine. the game itself doesnt have the depth required for a 2006 game, but then again its upposed to be free.

Oh they flow well, but marterial arts games such as these really should give you an over-the-top feeling. the animations "flow" well, but they don't give you a top feeling. which is a shame.

just compare those animations with this:

Like I said, 9dragons completely misses that over-the-top feeling.
    The game animations are fine for what they were going for.. that chinese martial arts feel. And Cabal isjapanese swordplay, not only that, its is fantasy,, they have less restriction working against htem Then 9dragons, which try to stick to real martial art clans, and combat.

The game animations are fine for what they were going for.. that chinese martial arts feel. And Cabal isjapanese swordplay, not only that, its is fantasy,, they have less restriction working against htem Then 9dragons, which try to stick to real martial art clans, and combat.

I gotta agree. The game is aiming for a realistic and historical view of martial arts and the Ming Dynast period, as it's been mentioned in the articles featured here on MMORPG.com covering 9Dragons.

• PowerDXPowerDX Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by Gameloading
    Oh they flow well, but marterial arts games such as these really should give you an over-the-top feeling. the animations "flow" well, but they don't give you a top feeling. which is a shame.

What does "over-the-top" mean? What Gameloading has said is so confusing that I can hardly understand.
    Btw, 9Dragons isn't a material arts games. Maybe the sexy queen of The Scared Flower clan makes Gameloading think 9Dragons is a game in which you earn money to buy stuffs for your material girlfriend. ^_^"

Originally posted by PowerDX

What does "over-the-top" mean? What Gameloading has said is so confusing that I can hardly understand.
    Btw, 9Dragons isn't a material arts games. Maybe the sexy queen of The Scared Flower clan makes Gameloading think 9Dragons is a game in which you earn money to buy stuffs for your material girlfriend. ^_^"

In the way he was using it he meant the animations aren't flashy and whatnot. I understood what he meant.

"Based on Chinese martial arts, this game immerses players into the fantasy world of ruthless clans, epic battles and fights for the survival of China." ~From the game page here on MMORPG.com

Umm, it is a MMORPG based on martial arts and is based on China during the Ming Dynasty. Gameloading was correct in what he meant and said. And why are you bashing him anyways? Your attempt in making him look foolish only does the same for you.

Thats correct, but I think BECAUSE its marterial arts it should give the player a top feeling when playing the game. they can give you a top feeling AND stay loyal to chinese marterial arts at the same time if animations were done right.

Cabal indeed has a diffrent style, but the quality of the animations is much higher then that of 9dragons.

Thats correct, but I think BECAUSE its marterial arts it should give the player a top feeling when playing the game. they can give you a top feeling AND stay loyal to chinese marterial arts at the same time if animations were done right.

Cabal indeed has a diffrent style, but the quality of the animations is much higher then that of 9dragons.

I think you are confused between flashy special effects and animations. Now if you take Cabal strip down all the flashy special effect around those moves and you will see how much animations you got.

9D is trying to be as close to the real martial arts as possible, although there will be exaggeration here and there. But it will stay true to the spirit of the martial arts world, especially as they were described in literature.

If you look very careful at 9D animation, you will see the detail of the animation, let's look at foot work, eastern martial arts are based heavily on different stances, these are the foundations. It's all about your foot work, how high you stand, what's position of your feet, the posture of your legs, when you punch or slash your sword, your other arm and your legs have to move accordingly.

A lot of these martial arts moves, especially from the well-known clan like Shao-Lin and Wu-tang are very authentic, meaning, you can actually perform these moves your self with a certain amount of training.

How much top feeling you have when you play game like Soul Calibur III? Combat animations in Soul Calibur series follow the same style as combat animation in 9D.

Originally posted by Thachsanh

I think you are confused between flashy special effects and animations. Now if you take Cabal strip down all the flashy special effect around those moves and you will see how much animations you got.

Even if you remove all the flashy parts of Cabal´s animations, you can still see the quality of them. the thing is, the animations feel right, and really give a top feeling

9D is trying to be as close to the real martial arts as possible, although there will be exaggeration here and there. But it will stay true to the spirit of the martial arts world, especially as they were described in literature.

and that is exactly what it should do, I fully agree with you on that. but even with staying loyal and true to the old Martial arts, I think it should still gives you a top feeling.

If you look very careful at 9D animation, you will see the detail of the animation, let's look at foot work, eastern martial arts are based heavily on different stances, these are the foundations. It's all about your foot work, how high you stand, what's position of your feet, the posture of your legs, when you punch or slash your sword, your other arm and your legs have to move accordingly.

that is indeed correct, the animations are detailed, but lets take a look at the fight in the video. first of all, the fight is going a tad to fast, it is unrealistic in this way. not much, just a bit. but not only is it unrealistic, the animations are over to soon. Not to mention that in the entire battle, the character doesn't even HIT the mob ONCE. its kinda weird how the char throws its spear in the Ground, followed by a double kick that only hits air. completely ruined the fight.

A lot of these martial arts moves, especially from the well-known clan like Shao-Lin and Wu-tang are very authentic, meaning, you can actually perform these moves your self with a certain amount of training.

How much top feeling you have when you play game like Soul Calibur III? Combat animations in Soul Calibur series follow the same style as combat animation in 9D.

thats a bit unfair. Sould Calibur 3 is a high graphical game, which is not the case with 9dragons.

the only thing I miss in these animations is a over-the-top feeling which, Imo, should be there especialy in a martial arts mmorpg. lets not forget the game is STILL an asian mmorpgs, which means it will require quite some grinding. and good animations help a lot.

• PowerDXPowerDX Member Posts: 27
    I was just trying to be funny but It seemed i was blunt. I'm sorry if I have offended you, Gameloading. -_-"
    But I think there're nothing wrong with the animation. Cabal is really a good game and I enjoy its action aspect.  However, I don't think Cabal has better animation. Skills in 9D may lack colorful particles or flasy lightning but they are very realistic. Each clan has its own fighting styles. For example, Heavenly Demon combos look brutal while Scared Flower combos look like dancing.
    Imo, I think both games have equally good animation. So, I don't know how to bash Cabal (maybe I should complain about its over-flashy green clothes).