Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If Pluto can be voted out of planethood, why doesn't our voting the NGE out of MMORPGdom count?

If Pluto can be voted out of planethood, why doesn't our voting the NGE out of MMORPGdom count?

In terms of Astromers voting:

"I'm embarassed for astornomy," said Alan Stern, leader of NASA's New Horizon's mission to Pluto and a scientist at the Southwest Research Institute. "Less than 5 percent of the world's astronomers voted."

And yet, 90%+ of those that ever played SWG preNGE/preCU voted and yet they continue to keep the game on life support.   How much more embarassment does SOE/LE need before they through in the towel?

Comments

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    I saw they decided to put Pluto back in.

But they now have to add like 3 more.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

Originally posted by Shayde

Where?  Haven't seen that.

What they should do is define Pluto as the minimum size to be a planet then add any round body found that is Pluto sized or bigger.

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002

Originally posted by Wildcat84

Originally posted by Shayde

Where?  Haven't seen that.

What they should do is define Pluto as the minimum size to be a planet then add any round body found that is Pluto sized or bigger.

We'd get a ton of them then.

Although, I guess I'm passed the age where I'm required to memorize the planets. So, either way, it doesn't effect me all that much.
  • RabiaRabia Member Posts: 622
    Astromers are not subject to market wims =(

• UnagiUnagi Member Posts: 99
    Seems that astronomers have a union.  It's even international.  Maybe if you all was better organized?

Originally posted by Unagi
    Seems that astronomers have a union.  It's even international.  Maybe if you all was better organized?

The SWG players union would vote you off the Senate and indeed, vote the useless, condescending and nonrepresentative Senate out of existance.

Want to organize behind that?

I don't think so.  You wouldn't even try to represent the playerbase.  NONE of you do.  Which is why all you Piss Yellow names are as reviled as Smed, Torres, Helios_SOE and the other morons who destroyed the game.  Even more so, because you once were like us, now you are gutless collaborators, and as such, you are just as guilty as they are.  If you had nad one among you would have resigned AS A GROUP over the NGE.

Only one Senator had the guts to do that and it was Tanks, who I honor with the honorable blue of a correspondent, not the cowardly yellow streak of the Senate.

To follow up, I know what you are going to say, that you guys do your best, blah blah, and if you'd done that you'd have been replaced by handpicked lackeys, etc.

True enough.  But the playerbase (which is more important than anything else) would never have given them any legitimacy, and would have hounded them even on SOE's forums to the point that SOE would have had to disband the whole mess as each post by them would have started a flamewar.

Instead you have evolved from the correspondents you once were INTO those lackeys without any resistance at all.  Sad.

The Senate is useless.  You guys have yet to accomplish a damn thing.  Only the collapsing sub base has caused SOE to move at all in a pre-NGE direction, not your pleadings (if any) or our pleadings (many and public).

• UnagiUnagi Member Posts: 99

To follow up, I know what you are going to say . . .

So, are you like having an argument with me in your head or something?

• RabiaRabia Member Posts: 622

but only 5% of those guys actually voted....
  • Deleted87766Deleted87766 Member Posts: 59
    The planets are getting an NGE as well :(
  • jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

Originally posted by Tookah
    The planets are getting an NGE as well :(

Translation for NGE Target Audience:  Pluto got pwnzerized!11!!!!1

------

I'm sure Sony is behind this somehow.  They're dumbing down the solar system now. 

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

To follow up, I know what you are going to say . . .

So, are you like having an argument with me in your head or something?

No, it's just that you guys always say the same thing.

/kicks the Senator representing no one back to his private forum where he and his buddies can continue to privately berate and insult the SWG playerbase.

You know what finally did it for me from you Senators?  It was one of the female ones, can't remember if it was Khristen or Elyssa bitching on the boards (I think it was in one of your weekly "message from the Ivory Tower" posts) about there being too much complaining or somesuch, and the forums should be cleaned up (ie: banstick).  I kinda snapped there, I was like , "uh, aren't YOU supposed to be converting that complaining into some action the Devs can take to RESOLVE the underlying issue"?

No, your (and when I say you, I mean the Senate as a whole) attitude is, "stop them from rocking the boat".  With that one post, it became clear to me who's side you all are on, and it isn't ours, and that your existance as a body that is at all seperate from the regular playerbase has become counterproductive and even destructive.

Your job is to represent the playerbase, whether you like it or not.  Whether that is what it is called or not.  If they won't let you do that, quit.  If you aren't up to that, quit. Like I said, you Senators lost your chance to actually do something positive for the playerbase by not collectively resigning when it became clear there would neither be a rollback nor RAPID progress towards a polished game.  Instead you became "Daily Affirmation with Stewart Smalley" for the Devs, that is about your only function.

This Dev team doesn't need "Daily affirmation".  What they need is a daily rap to the head with a cluestick.

The customer IS always right, after all.
  • ShivorEheShivorEhe Member Posts: 83

Only in an SWG message board can a post about the status of the pseudo-planet Pluto (d)evolve into a discussion of the worth of the Galactic Senate.

This thread alone shows the depths and resources of former SWGers when left to their own devices in an open-ended, non-linear sandbox (such that these forums are). This also explains why the official SOE/SWG forums were a wonderful compliment to the actual in-game antics of those of us who loved to forge our own path in the universe, etc.

Over and out...

• ReachwindReachwind Member Posts: 275

Wildcat, you are wasting your time debating with the stooge. They all think they ARE representing the playerbase because they are surrounded by people in the game that feel the way that they do. The people that feel different have either quit or are the negative nelly that still play and everyone tunes out as the "vocal minority". The numbers have already spoken for the playerbase's frustration. SWG lost 100,000 plus or minus subscribers and was blasted in just about every form of media for a lack of ethics and a poor management descisions.

Despite what the players left in the game think, SWG took a beating and continues to take a beating in the press and on online shop feedback polls. It will never recover.

Former SWG beta tester and player

Originally posted by Reachwind

Wildcat, you are wasting your time debating with the stooge. They all think they ARE representing the playerbase because they are surrounded by people in the game that feel the way that they do. The people that feel different have either quit or are the negative nelly that still play and everyone tunes out as the "vocal minority". The numbers have already spoken for the playerbase's frustration. SWG lost 100,000 plus or minus subscribers and was blasted in just about every form of media for a lack of ethics and a poor management descisions.
    Despite what the players left in the game think, SWG took a beating and continues to take a beating in the press and on online shop feedback polls. It will never recover.

You are of course, right.

There is NOTHING that can be done to fix SWG or undo the damage, or ever get back to pre-NGE sub numbers. 

It was too late for that the day they shoved NGE into live, ignoring everyone's pleas to not do so.

Anyone who thinks that SWG is EVER going to crack the 200K mark again, or even long term maintain 100K should seriously have his/her head examined.  Anyone who thinks SWG will ever surpass 300K (the pre CU peak), and shoot "to teh moon" and surpass 1 mil and challenge WoW is already certifiably insane and should be reported to the authorities as a danger to himself and society.

Their die was cast that day, the game's fate sealed.  When the NGE hit live, it was too late.  Maybe they could have undone some of it by rolling back quickly, but it's now way too late to roll back.

Right now, SWG is fighting for survival, because at the rate things are going they are definitely going to shut it down, and at that sooner rather than later.  They simply are never going to get the NGE "fixed" in enough time to even have a shot of stabilizing the sub base number and maybe get some growth back, and even at that point, what will they achieve?  Too many quit SWGNGE because of the NGE core design, that being the elimination of the skills system and 32 mix and match professions.  That portion of the game will not be changed back to what it was.

The BEST CASE scenario for SWG is to start offering classic servers and start offering them yesterday.  That is the only thing that can be done to attract a significant number of old subscribers back to the game.

If they don't, everyone working for SWG will be losing their job in <6 months.  The Senators will be voted out of office due to their "country" no longer existing.  Bad for everyone, even the pro-NGE pro-SOE crowd.  The irony here is that those who LIKE NGE (all 20 of them) need to start begging for classic servers, because only the influx that this would create could "save" the NGE. 

Of course they won't, though.  I think most of the vocal minority that are the NGE lovers hate the idea of pre-CU coming back because they sucked at it and didn't have the desire, motivation, or willingness to work to get better, and love the fact that veteran players were knocked down to their level by having their skills/items/work invalidated.  I played pre-CU.  I sucked at parts of it (PvP) and was great at other parts of it (PvE, buffs, support, etc).  Eventually I'd have gotten good at what I wasn't because I was motivated because the game motivated me.

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Ahh, I like to think Success is sometimes made with failure.

In this case, I like track records, history and common sense.

Here is what we have:

Has the senate been a success to the game? Have the subs increased and the game just getting great reviews and a super player base?  Have they made the people happy and proven themselves as (Speaking for the people as we so thought at the begining?)   Have then in ANY way actually listened to what the player base has asked for countless times and more times then any other issue?

For that matter has any of the Devs?  Did the Devs admit failure for the delivery of the NGE?  Has the NGE been a success at the said "6 month" mark that came and went?

Pretty much common sense can answer these...  But the best one was seeing some Devs hang thier head in shame at the summit meeting in Indy when asked a few questions... in a way this is nothing more then one big embarassment.