Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please watch this video before you buy this game

2»

Comments

• stamgrenstamgren Member Posts: 30

Oh yes it's Malak Ed. Can't really said you ever helped me. Also i saw some threads where you wrote shit about me without even knowing me as a person..And your attitude where a pain in the arse but if you decide to come back to the game you complaint about SO much before quiting then try atleast not to talk shit about me..or talk shit about the game.image

Sarah Fernandes/Lord Malak

fomportal.com

• shemOshemO Member Posts: 4
    Ed, as far as I am concerned, if you come back you aren't getting anywhere in BoS.

The amount of anti-FoM material you have posted has made me permanently biased against you and others. I also dislike how rude you were to me on the forum shortly before you were banned, though I must say it was amusing to watch you get ragey because I undermined your statements.

Anyway, toodles.

• eddy051eddy051 Member Posts: 40

Originally posted by shemO
    Ed, as far as I am concerned, if you come back you aren't getting anywhere in BoS.

The amount of anti-FoM material you have posted has made me permanently biased against you and others. I also dislike how rude you were to me on the forum shortly before you were banned, though I must say it was amusing to watch you get ragey because I undermined your statements.

Anyway, toodles.

Shem, your a little british 16 year old smart ass, I could care less about you, whether you are SC or not. There are other people in the faction beside you I am sorry, and I have no memory of your statements you have made towards my post in the past. Furthermore, you cannot base promotions and things in the faction based upon my FOM criticism, I will just complain to DPS, you know, you have heard the stories. Hell, they might even make me the R7, which further shows how asinine DPS is. image

• Smoker1982Smoker1982 Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by eddy051
    I will just complain to DPS,

Useless as you wouldnt get your rank back through that, and there is no claim for a high rank especially when you leaved for a while.

Hell, they might even make me the R7

As r7 require GM status and and to become a GM it requires a clean userfile [Person Based, not account based]: i dont think so ::::01::

• shemOshemO Member Posts: 4

Shem, your a little british 16 year old smart ass, I could care less about you, whether you are SC or not. There are other people in the faction beside you I am sorry, and I have no memory of your statements you have made towards my post in the past. Furthermore, you cannot base promotions and things in the faction based upon my FOM criticism, I will just complain to DPS, you know, you have heard the stories. Hell, they might even make me the R7, which further shows how asinine DPS is. image

You got my nationality correct, have a cookie.

You can complain to DPS all you want, as Smoker's already said, they won't do anything. I may not be able to do anything negative towards you for no good reason, though I can sure as hell stop anything positive within the faction happening.

Kind of funny how things change, I still remember that first mail you sent to me begging for help. Oh how things change.

Oh, by the way, being smart works well, you should try it.

Shem

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Originally posted by stamgren

I will be back, I am thinking of coming back in february, hopefully it is fun.. If it hasn't been canceled by then.

Oh, and I will be BOS, you obviously don't know me honey, or should I say, Lord Malak. ;) 

Wait....did
    you not started this whole thread on how crappy it is and what a waste
    the game was....With all do respect, but I see then the point of this
    thread.

• KaptainZergKaptainZerg Member Posts: 322

I've been considering FOM for a while now but there so many negative comments here in this entire section, not only this thread, that I'm not inclined to even try the game.

I watched the combat video that the OP posted a link to, and that was that was very impressive. This video showed four players in a small, enclosed area fighting with rifles and shotguns yet it took quite some time for anyone to die. Looked like lag played a part in all the missed shots which made it seem like some kind of alien race hopping dance more than anything else. A game's combat system is not the end-all for me but if it sucks I'm not going to be interersted in the rest of the game.

Originally posted by KaptainZerg
    I've
    been considering FOM for a while now but there so many negative
    comments here in this entire section, not only this thread, that I'm
    not inclined to even try the game. I watched the combat video
    that the OP posted a link to, and that was that was very impressive.
    This video showed four players in a small, enclosed area fighting with
    rifles and shotguns yet it took quite some time for anyone to die.
    Looked like lag played a part in all the missed shots which made it
    seem like some kind of alien race hopping dance more than anything
    else. A game's combat system is not the end-all for me but if it sucks
    I'm not going to be interersted in the rest of the game.

The combat system is differant, but I do not think it does suck. However there is plenty of room for improvement.

• KaptainZergKaptainZerg Member Posts: 322

Originally posted by Coman
    The combat system is differant, but I do not think it does suck. However there is plenty of room for improvement.

Coman,

How is the combat system "different"? I mean, I watched a video of several players in close combat and it sucked. What more do I need to know or see?

Coman,

How
    is the combat system "different"? I mean, I watched a video of several
    players in close combat and it sucked. What more do I need to know or
    see?

It is not you standard FPS type of game.
    The guns do not really do that much damage and poeple can heal
    themselves. It really something you need to play out and see if you
    like it or not I can not really explain this in text.

Coman,

How is the combat system "different"? I mean, I watched a video of several players in close combat and it sucked. What more do I need to know or see?

It is not you standard FPS type of game. The guns do not really do that much damage and poeple can heal themselves. It really something you need to play out and see if you like it or not I can not really explain this in text.

That is the classic excuse, "It's not your standard FPS game" or my favorite: "It's not your typical MMO"

I am all for new games that are actually different and fun. This game is different, it isn't fun.

The game's combat system is similar to that of UT, Tribes; or any fast paced shooting game, the trouble is, the developers have tried to make that fast paced gameplay realistic.. duhhhh see the problem DPS? image

• savagegoosesavagegoose Member Posts: 41
    if everything in this game is player made, can u make a shotgun that does like %50 hits
    or a scope that makes head shots do like %90 damage
    or is everything u make defined already?

Originally posted by savagegoose if everything in this game is player made, can u make a shotgun that does like %50 hitsor a scope that makes head shots do like %90 damageor is everything u make defined already?.

Everything you make is defined already, and you don't craft, you stand in front of a terminal for hours and hours watching a little bar move up and down while it takes your money.
    This game is horrible.

It is definded for the simple reason that this game is not about
    skills. Someone who game in an hour ago can defeat someone who is
    playing since the start of retail. Simply becouse everyone has the same
    equipment.

Then I ask you, where is the content in this game? What is there to do, and please answer that instead of saying "well..."
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

The content in this game is player made (as it is a sandbox game). This means that there really is no content for those that do not play with others. It also means that when the population is low, so is the content.

That is the weakness of a player driven game. The players get to have an effect on how the game plays... both good and bad.

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Originally posted by DX_Intruder
    what do you mean theres nothing wrong with that video....?  who cares if he's fighting in 3rd person, the fact is it took about 5 minutes to kill one person.  what kind of shooter is this..?

Without knowing very much about the game I would have to agree with the above quote after watching the video.

It seems there is a balance issue between the ability to aim a weapon and the speed at which players can move.

• applepiapplepi Member Posts: 14
    Face of Mankind, possibly the most FUN and ENJOYABLE MMORPG!! Seriously if you like to chat with people and have fun, Face of Mankind is one the best community games. It is suppose to be a little like a simulator, even in life you aren't constantly doing things. When I played open beta, you would chat in faction chat until a mission was up where you would then join it and do what ever that mission required you to do. Plus you would do it with people. I loved police faction (been so long I have forgotten what they are called). I remember you would go on patrol missions and keep the peace or go and fight in battles against other factions. You could get ranked up and be a commander of your mission as you became more skilled and mature in handling situations. great game if you like a community based game. Very cool just walking around places and talking to people! Definitely a casual game you look forward to and after you go to bed and wake up to play, you will need to be caught up on what went on.

The combat system isn't the greatest thing (I have to say it sucks). if you are have played FPS before and are good at them, don't come in to this game thinking yea im am going to dominate the combat. The combat is very different to FPS combat that is most common. the whole feel and aiming is very different, unusual to say the least. Shootings consist of strafing side to side dodging bullets while returning them. Lag is most threatening in this situation. But it is not impossible to grasp, just takes practice.

Anyways if you like casual gaming, role playing, community oriented mmorpg, chatting, mission based progression in games, and being an entrepreneur, then you should definitely play this game. if you don't like it, but want to subscribe to the monthly fees, then do so, but give me the account to play! lol
  • KruniacKruniac Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by Smoker1982

Yeah... RP isnt for everyone ;)
    if you expect a shooter or grinding game you wont be happy with this game, as you can see on the post above :P
    when i clicked the link there was a video in the youtube playlist right below this one:

or just take this one:

just 2 examples ;)

You are the most hilarious person I have EVER encountered on the internet.

There is no RP. Stop lying. Im an RP NAZI. I sniff out roleplaying like a blood hound, and I can tell you that it doesnt exist in this game.

...I BOUGHT this lamo game for the sole purpose of roleplaying on it. When I get in, im greeted by either 1: Idiots. 2: Non-english speaking people, aside from LOL. 3: Run and gun morons.

This game should be put down.

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Originally posted by Kruniac

Originally posted by Smoker1982

Yeah... RP isnt for everyone ;)
    if you expect a shooter or grinding game you wont be happy with this game, as you can see on the post above :P
    when i clicked the link there was a video in the youtube playlist right below this one:

or just take this one:

just 2 examples ;)

You are the most hilarious person I have EVER encountered on the internet.

There is no RP. Stop lying. Im an RP NAZI. I sniff out roleplaying like a blood hound, and I can tell you that it doesnt exist in this game.

...I BOUGHT this lamo game for the sole purpose of roleplaying on it. When I get in, im greeted by either 1: Idiots. 2: Non-english speaking people, aside from LOL. 3: Run and gun morons.

This game should be put down.

Welcome to the real world. RP'ers dont get thier own game. They have to co-exist with others. Some of those others like to RP, and some dont. However calling them names, and disrepecting them doesnt win favor with any of them. Perhaps you would do better if you stopped being a RP Nazi, and instead became a RP Ghandi.

• PicklefootPicklefoot Member Posts: 218
    I watch this video often, for a laugh.. that HAS to be the funniest combat system I've ever seen. Oh, and the community "This is a PVP game, but we have rules." Or thats how it seems by the people in vent. Oakley!! OAKLEY!!!!! GOD

--------------------------------------------------

• nobody4422nobody4422 Member Posts: 1
    Some people here will recognize me Im sure but for those of you that dont Ill start off by saying that I played this game for over a year in beta and for about 3 months in retail.

About this game in general I do have to say that it is extremely unique and it has the potential not only to be a great game, but to be a genre defining game in a new generation of gameplay.  Unfortunately though, this game does have some serious shortcomings and a lot of this potential goes unrealized.

Combat is probably one of the most appearant and farthest reaching areas of shortcoming.  Now rather than try and make a long arguement on this I will present two videos.

1. How combat is

2. How I think combat should be (and was probably originally intended)

http://www.gamershell.com/download_6593.shtml

Ill let you draw your own conclusions about the combat from these two videos

Some would try to argue that the combat system is "unique". But unique doesnt necessarily mean the same as good.  The fact of the matter is that the combat is unique, but in the same sense that a retarded kid is "special".   Uniqeness can mean that the concept is so new and innovative that no one else has tried it before, it is the first of its kind.  But unique can also mean that it is so ineffective and bad that no one else WANTS to do it again.  I believe combat in this game to be the latter.

Then there is the ever popular "RPG not FPS" arguement.  And this has been addressed here already.  Simply because a game is an RPG does not mean that it cant have, or more importantly doesnt NEED, an effective combat system.  Specifically because many of the RP options of the game are limited by the lack of supporting mechaincs (another major shortcoming) combat becomes one of the central pillars of RP and the primary activity in the physical game world itself.  While I by no means advocate basing the game solely combat, it is clearly one of the most commonly available and therefore an integral parts of the game. 

But despite my best efforts, I have made this a rather long post.  So I will close with this. 

This game is truly a unique experience (the good kind) and while I wouldnt recommend to anyone playing this game in its current state.  The sheer potential alone makes it worth watching and paying attention to.  But this game does need to get its act together and fast, because there are other games on the horizon with similar approaches that could very well surpass this game and drown it back into obscurity.
  • ConnoisseurConnoisseur Member Posts: 273

Then I ask you, where is the content in this game? What is there to do, and please answer that instead of saying "well..."
    If you need an NPC questgiver to give you a hard-coded objective of killing 5 rats, then your taste in games is garbage.
  • Mikey0002Mikey0002 Member Posts: 97

Sigh!....Those were the days...I miss the old engine so so much!! Face of Mankind would be so awesome if they never had changed the engine.

Anyway, its not the end of the game. Good news is, the new server code they have recently finished is going to improve gameplay greatly. Every shot had registered and kills were a lot more quicker and easier!!! Gameplay was a lot more smoother with less lag, but it was absolutely awesome. Stil the game needs a lot of balancing!!

Aside from that, lets face the facts,  Face of Mankind is not for everyone and will never be probably. Its a great game for those guys who love FPS games, and hardcore PvP, with looting and all that. Content is all player made, developers don't really do anything to create content, although the story GMs do guide the storyline at times. But the game runs itself independently still the same.

The game is my perfect kind of MMO! I love FPS games, and I love Open PvP, with that touch of RP, single server (gameworld), and looting. This is a very unique and a lot of people including myself find this game to be the only game which reaches what we like to see in an MMO. So unless something else comes out with the above features, I can't think of a better game to be playing.

Downside is population, way too many bugs, and silly features that ruin the game in someways, combat definitley needs balancing, as people can see. Anyway, time will tell what happens to this game. Its still the only game which offers what few people look for if they have the patience not to be annoyed by it.

Lastly, combat depends mostly on the player, I can kill players in seconds, it depends on the person I am figthing, how much they lag, and how much armour they are wearing. I am a medic with QL 2 weapons, so yeah I ain't that bad in the combat. I keep my brothers in arms (FDC) alive, I get enemy medics killed by healing them with QL1 Small meds (5% healing) and around 50 seconds without any possible other medikit. I also gain a lot of kills, since I get so much Penalty Points each day. Have to stay going to DMC several times a day to mine it off!

Anyway, thing is, it is a great game (just full of bugs and incomplete), it just depends in what you look for in  a game. Anyway, MS2 will improve it. Severcode that comes with MS2 anyway will improve it.

Have to put something up!