Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monthly fee drop.

As the longest ongoing series in Gaming history.
Why do they have a monthly fee?
Make it easier if the didn't.

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

I agree, because they really don't have to pay for server upkeep. and customer support staff comes for free these days. not to mention new content is auto-generated by computers.

yes, they should drop the monthly fee.

• sushimeessushimees Member Posts: 489

Yes, the server upkeep comes from our mothly fee, also customer support and new content. But of course they have to make a profit out of this, just sometimes the devs go too far like Blizzard with their character transfer, which is like +20 euros or EQ2, where expansions are being released too often, that you'll be paying so much money for it.

• RyuukoGoRyuukoGo Member Posts: 235

Originally posted by Gameloading
    I agree, because they really don't have to pay for server upkeep. and customer support staff comes for free these days. not to mention new content is auto-generated by computers.

LOL..you have to be kidding?

Since when is running a Server Farm.. Free....there maybe 30+ FFXI Servers but each are in a cluster of servers...my guess they have to use close to 200.

There is a AH,Character Data,NPC and so on Server....multiply that over 30 times as well as the Bandwith used for ~80,000 Players.

Computer Generated updates for a MMORPG  WTF are you talking about...who developed the Story Line for ToA or even the procedure to hatch a Chocobo...it is called A Development Team...aka Real People who are Paid.

• ImperatorianImperatorian Member Posts: 1,000

Originally posted by RyuukoGo

Originally posted by Gameloading

LOL..you have to be kidding?
    Since when is running a Server Farm.. Free....there maybe 30+ FFXI Servers but each are in a cluster of servers...my guess they have to use close to 200.
    There is a AH,Character Data,NPC and so on Server....multiply that over 30 times as well as the Bandwith used for ~80,000 Players.
    Computer Generated updates for a MMORPG  WTF are you talking about...who developed the Story Line for ToA or even the procedure to hatch a Chocobo...it is called A Development Team...aka Real People who are Paid.

Turn on your sarcasm detector. ;)
  • NeptusNeptus Member UncommonPosts: 988

OK
    Compare a Free To Play game to the quality of a paid to play server.

Neptus - FFXI - Pandemonium
    Neptus - WoW - Detheroc

Originally posted by Imperatorian

I have been playing on-line Games for about 10 years...there are quite a few out there that think MMORPG's cost little to make,market and maintain so they should be free....I doubt he was being sarcastic.

• MastermartzMastermartz Member Posts: 255
    I disagree to both..i dont know what your smoking about the computer generated updates that makes nos ense...and incase you havent noticed the difference between a free to play game and a P2P..theres a big one!
  • alastor44alastor44 Member UncommonPosts: 21

No monthly payment is always good ^^. But for games that have been out for awhile they should at least drop the monthly payment.

Waiting for:
    Diablo 3 Seasonal Ladders
    Warlords of Draenor

Originally posted by alastor44
    No monthly payment is always good ^^. But for games that have been out for awhile they should at least drop the monthly payment.

If they did....they would cut the Managers,Employee's,CS,GM's and so on...which was done in  SWG
  • waikewaike Member Posts: 112
    keep monthly fee, maybe drop it to 9.99 instead of 12.99. about 9.99 of that 12.99 is all profit. ok....... well FF is rich. they dont need that much profit. multiply that ten bucks by how many ppl pay it EACH month. And if they droped it to 10 a month so much more ppl would subscribe

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by RyuukoGo

Originally posted by Imperatorian

I have been playing on-line Games for about 10 years...there are quite a few out there that think MMORPG's cost little to make,market and maintain so they should be free....I doubt he was being sarcastic.

Actually, I was ;)