Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sony creating free mmorpg???

2»

Comments

• agonzo11agonzo11 Member Posts: 52

Since it is a SOE and John Smedley game I have but one piece of advice....

..... RUN as far as you can and NEVER look back!

http://johnsmedleysucks.usgameroom.com/

• MaxziusMaxzius Member UncommonPosts: 248

Originally posted by JackBauer24
    Hahahahahahaha thats all I have to say. 

When Sony makes a free MMO, George W. Bush will be the smartest man in the world.  SOE is all about money money money money and money.  Perfect example would be SWG. :P

You do realize that $oe has the potential to make more money for themselves by charging for in-game items rather than having a monthly fee, right?

=====================
    -Just My Thoughts-
    Max

Currently playing: Nothing

• asasenpaiasasenpai Member Posts: 124
    This sounds good i might have a try at this game if it comes out.

• MeatSheildMeatSheild Member Posts: 6

Yes ITEM MALLS seem to be all the rage now they advertise as FREE TO PLAY FOREVER but you wont get far unless you buy a exp scroll or the best weapon from there item mall for real money. but hey its great fun killing all the low noobs without a Credit Card to lvl as fast as you.

P.S. just expect a lot of lag in free to play games

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    I like this quote: John Smedley says "going to be launching this quickly."

I guess that means we can expect a content lacking bug filled POS. Gogo SoE.

---

• ..:Jax:....:Jax:.. Member Posts: 51
    I dont think the game (if it is being developed) will be any good. Lots of bugs at first i think. And igf they are making an item mall the items will probably chost a lot. cuz sony is a greedy little basterd image

• sinkiansinkian Member Posts: 5
    wow that would be fun

• fawdownfawdown Member UncommonPosts: 186
    I heard that it would be free up to a point.  But to get the higher content it would be subscription based.  The source I had read over a year ago said it would be for the Playstation 3.

• Yankees92292Yankees92292 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 47
    link??      

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

• mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747

i will NEVER believe this unless it comes out ina press statement news or what not. The money hungry and very greedy Sony will never make a F2P game i don't care if it is a virtual shop one or not. If they do ever make one stay very far away cuz they don't take much care of there P2P mmos i can't imagine the F2p being any good at all. Laaaag, freezeing, crashing, no support at all, if any patches at all it will screw the game up more for longer periods of time