Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW: The new PvP

AlistairAlistair Member UncommonPosts: 318
So, I've given it a few hours.  The new PvP for WoW is fantastic. Yeah, the non PvPers are checking everything out, but so far it has meant that anyone who actually wants to PvP in a battlegroup can actually PvP.  It has opened up the Arathi basin bracket for lower levels (larger group PvP) and the Warsong Gulch PvP bracket for higher leverls (longer existence, shorter teams, older players moved on). 

Comparing this to past PvP experiences?  If you want to PvP you can.  If you REALLY want to PvP, it shows.  I've already seen two brackets (lvl 60, and 20-29, the top "raid" bracket and the most popular twink bracket, both won by , stat wise, losing teams, just because PvPers wanted to play).  Although Blizzard still hasn't seperated PvP rewards and PvE rewards completely, theier current system, as well as the speculated Arena system with the expansion, shows more promise than a lot of previous PvE/PvP games.  If they can get the World PvP system working right, blizzard may have something that rivals origanl UO.

FOCUS: For those of you who have tried it out, what do you think of the latest WoW path?  For those who haven't tried it, go ahead and try it.  or not.  What are your hopes for future PvP?  Does Blizzard's objectives come close?

Killer 100% Socializer 40% Explorer 33% Achiever 27%

Comments

• TheodorykTheodoryk Member Posts: 1,453
    Hmmm, this bodes well. I might just resubscribe...

"Speaking haygywaygy or some other gibberish with your mum doesn't make you foreign."
    -baff

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

blew when you said new pvp on title i thought you meant more open pvp ,armor imbalance checks,seiges or something like that.

Ok now there is no queues (a good change) but has the actual pvp been looked into?i got fed up of running around AV(by far the largest BG),been restricted in numbers and the armor imbalance.

give me a huge pvp area,no number restrictions,seiges,less emphasis on gear and more on pure tactics.Thats what i want!

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Originally posted by hercules
    blew when you said new pvp on title i thought you meant more open pvp ,armor imbalance checks,seiges or something like that.
    Ok now there is no queues (a good change) but has the actual pvp been looked into?i got fed up of running around AV(by far the largest BG),been restricted in numbers and the armor imbalance.
    give me a huge pvp area,no number restrictions,seiges,less emphasis on gear and more on pure tactics.Thats what i want!

Have you looked at what they implemented in Eastern Plaguelands and silithus(I think)--

Its a new world pvp. When I first read about it, it sounded lame but my friends who have played it tell me its alot of fun. Sort of a capture the flag and hold that point--

As far as your other pvp "wants" Id look into warhammer :)

To the OP-Put on your flame resistant coat...the hardcore UO'ers might disagree with you.

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

Thinking of resubscribing to try these new WoW BGs, it used to be a massive pain in the ass to wait on alliance for like 30 minutes just to get in. But then I am hesitating because at the same time comes the tedious need to level and gear up with the horrible PvE. Anyway sounding a positive improvement and sounding even better when these arenas and the couple of world pvp areas that come along with BC.

• JhughesyJhughesy Member Posts: 419

Originally posted by Alistair 
      If they can get the World PvP system working right, blizzard may have something that rivals origanl UO.

Dream on.
  • KidWickedKidWicked Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by Jhughesy

Originally posted by Alistair 
      something that rivals original UO.

thats already being done.... and the ONLY real pvp mmog bein made.

www.thronesofchaos.com

• RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730
    I like the EPL and Silithus PVP objectives, although I never saw anyone attacking other players in Silithus.

I like cross server BGs for lower levels, but in the 60 bracket I find that you can be with a great team or the worse collection of misfits from across the servers. Usually AB was pretty even on my server, but after the cross server BGs, it seems that they are onesided.

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Originally posted by KidWicked

Originally posted by Jhughesy
    Originally posted by Alistair something that rivals original UO.thats already being done.... and the ONLY real pvp mmog bein made.
    www.thronesofchaos.com

More vaporware.

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440
    I think this post once again shows that.  The Horde always wins at Battlegrounds.

• ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318
    L2p

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

PVP is still not PVP without loot drops because you still have absolutely no real incentive to stay alive.

Please do not compare WoW with UO

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • TheodorykTheodoryk Member Posts: 1,453

Originally posted by SnaKey

PVP is still not PVP without loot drops because you still have absolutely no real incentive to stay alive.

Some people need a much greater incentive to stay alive than others, apparently. If you find yourself not caring if your toon (sic) wins or loses a fight, maybe its time to take a break from the game in general.

"Speaking haygywaygy or some other gibberish with your mum doesn't make you foreign."
    -baff

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

Originally posted by Theodoryk

Some people need a much greater incentive to stay alive than others, apparently. If you find yourself not caring if your toon (sic) wins or loses a fight, maybe its time to take a break from the game in general.

How can you 'lose' a fight when you don't actually 'lose' anything?
  • theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

I haven't had much of a chance to try out the new BGs as my internet has been slow as hell for the past few days and it will be fixed today.

Before that though, in the late 30s bracket, I used to sit around for 5 hours trying to get into BG and still didn't, for one whole week straight. It's quite pathetic. No wonder there are so many damn quest gankers, there is no other way to PvP.

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Originally posted by Minsc

Originally posted by Theodoryk
    How can you 'lose' a fight when you don't actually 'lose' anything?

lol exactly my point.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me