Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Do I Do Now?

DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088
Well, I bought the bloody game, created a Warrior on Great Lakes, did the tutorial for a while, ran around trying to find the treasure, gave up, moongated somewhere, learnt blacksmithing, smithed some stuff, now I'm standing in a town somewhere.

What are you supposed to do in UO?

---------------------------------------
No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.

Comments

• vengeful85vengeful85 Member Posts: 65
     I don't play on the great lakes shard but all are the shards are the same basically just different players on each, you will want to either start a new character(you get 5 chars per shard) as a Paladin (they start in Haven as default) or find a moongate again and head to the town called Haven on the trammel facet,(stick to the trammel facet as this is the non free for all PvP facet)   Haven  is the new player town on an island designed for new players with creatures to fight that will be within your range for the first weeks of your new life and there you will find LOTS to help ya on your journey through Sosaria. Ask  some of the people there for a lil advice and help on where and what to fight and  how to equip yourself with suitable armor and weapons then get out and do some adventuring,  or if your more of a crafter anyone in Haven can show ya where to get started as a crafter of fine wares & usables in one of the many craft trades the game has to offer.  You will also want to get yourself a mount to help ya get around faster as well, they are available in most of the larger mainland towns.    Good luck out there and Post back again with any questions ya come across and Happy Adventuring!!
  • DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088
    Thanks for the reply dude. I'll follow your advice and go to Haven. What are these 'facets'?

Oh, and I've been having an odd issue where my character will stop moving for a second or two, and then carry on again, is this normal?

• uoplayer123uoplayer123 Member Posts: 225

Not sure how much you know about UO:

But heres some tips:

Read over this ( if this is your first time playing)

http://www.uo.com/newplayer/newplayer01.html

Then read posts here: Great lakes forums : I'm sure you may find someone

who would be willing to help out.

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=uogreatlakes

Facets are The different worlds of UO , Fel is the evil side for mostly PVP  , or for more advanced characters (very fun area ) , Trammel is the good side , alot more players play this side (unfortunatly) , this is where you can find alot of help from players.

Biggest suggestion I could give you is give the game a chance ittakes a few days or even weeks to get used to it , due to the fact theres so much going on. I'll see if I have any characters there to hook you up with some goodies to help you get started..

And if your headache from all the info we have given you so far isnt bad enough you could try here:

http://www.uostuff.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

The freeze ups maybe server lag , due you have cable/dsl or dial up?

• DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088
    I'm on DSL, and the freezing on Great Lakes got so annoying I moved to Europa, where it's marginally better. I'm still trying to get used to the whole 'freedom' thing. At the moment I'm making things.

• PsyXPsyX Member Posts: 220
    If you need any help on Europa , just give me a shout :)

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804
    The freezers are normal.
    Seems some publish messed up the servers and they lag from time to time.

UO is a sandbox game where you can do what you like.
    A crafters life without combat is as possible as the life as a full PvPer that  hardly ever hunts (though later is very difficult these days)