Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is better for new person- normal or classic server?

nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490
No idea the difference, if there is one?

Comments

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490
    doesn't matter, found out. Played DAoC for a while, and too clear it has aged. 

• PostmortemPostmortem Member Posts: 21
    classic.

daoc is still the best mmo out for those who like pvp.  beats the heck out of WoW and EQ2 thats for sure.  well if i were a flaming carebear i guess WoW would be fun ...

• Dark-AsylumDark-Asylum Member Posts: 300
    There are a lot of "carebears" who PvP all the time and are good at it. Raiding isn't the only thing people in WoW do. Go play the game, first, as I have for 1.5 years and know what its like.

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490
    Yeah I got to try battlegrounds and they look really really good in DAoC. Siege weapons and actual castles and that. Just the PvE kind of makes me want to slit my wrists.

• PostmortemPostmortem Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by Dark-Asylum
    There are a lot of "carebears" who PvP all the time and are good at it. Raiding isn't the only thing people in WoW do. Go play the game, first, as I have for 1.5 years and know what its like.

i played wow from beta to 1 year after release.  was 3rd highest pvp rank on the server which was centurion at that time.  (Postmortoem / Drtoevorkian - Illidan / Stonemaul).  So I did play the game you noob.  BG's / Instanced PvP is lame.  Farming Instances is lame.  WoW is lame.

anyone who thinks WoW PvP is good is either a mmo noob, a carebear or a little kid. 

and no carebears are never good at PvP.  they just think they are.  so go have fun in WoW lmao.  i will continue to enjoy real pvp in daoc. 
  • KingAoeIIKingAoeII Member Posts: 8
    Classic Server would probably be best if you were new less people with maxed out toons and a higher population so more groups but if you were intending to be a carebear and PvE all the time then probably a normal server as many people have much more money and are willing to help you out instead of RvRing to be the best on the server :P

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540
    wtf is a carebear? somone who doesnt pvp im taking it, right? you guys shoulda seen what the carebears did too the carebear cousins on robot chicken.

playing eq2 and two worlds

• Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486

Originally posted by boognish75
    wtf is a carebear? somone who doesnt pvp im taking it, right? you guys shoulda seen what the carebears did too the carebear cousins on robot chicken.

I always understood it to be someone who wants PvP without consequences for losing. No item looting, item decay, XP loss, etc..

To the OP, I would start on a classic server like Gareth. It's pretty well populated and on the classic servers I believe everyone starts at level 1. On the normal servers people can skip to level 15 right off the bat from what I understand.

• KazeemiaKazeemia Member Posts: 60
    Normal servers have Trials of Atlantis. If you want to go to pvp quickly DON'T play normal. Without ToA you can get to the best pvp in 50-70 hours (and have a chance to win). With ToA double that time because you need to do artifacts and master levels, and especially the master levels are soo time consumable. Choose Classic.....
  • JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    TOA si not hard or even that time consuming anymore the hardest part about toa is just expign the darn thigns now.. and on classic u exp your champ weapon anyway (well champ exp) but still you have to masterlevel which can take time. but don't feel u can't go to a toa server they are not as bad as most think (becuase they have not try ed them lately)

But stillc lassic is better i feel caster are less op.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• DocmanduDocmandu Member UncommonPosts: 64

Classic servers:

No ToA zone (no powerful artifacts and no powerful Master Level lines)
    Limited range on buffs and buffs only work if the buffer is in your group (to prevent the buffbots everyone uses on normal servers)
    No skipping levels 1-19 on new toons (if you have a 50 already)

Normal server:

The opposite :)  More damage, faster damage, more tricks/special abilities. Almost noone levelling 1-19 since you can create a fresh level 20 if you already have a level 50 on your account (some restrictions apply). You NEED buffbot buffs to compete in RvR (but most people will buff people without bots in their group)

To get to end game RvR on a normal server, you will need to do more PvE than on a classic server, but with the changes to the ML / artifacts, it's not as bad as it used to be. (changes that were made: you only need encounter credit + scrolls to activate an artifact.. so it doesn't drop from the encounter anymore, the artifacts level alot faster, they can be repaired now but it's expensive, lessened requirements on Master Levels, alot more things grant Master Level experience).

You will find more people willing to level with you on a classic server, but on both server types most levelling is done in Task Dungeons (fastest way to XP, but becomes boring quickly)