Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Difficulty

BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002
So, I just started a new guy today. I played for, I dunno, about two hours. Got to level 17 and I've been incapped one time. I can heal myself for over 1500 points every couple seconds and my Force Lighting kicks the s**t out of anything stupid enough to fight me. I can kill mobs three levels higher than me, as long as there's no more than three of them. I've got about 150k credits, two vehicles and a ship.

Where was I two hours into pre-CU SWG? I was a novice scout, had 250c and I was wandering around Talus, on foot, completely lost. Eventually I ran into an aggro mob and died.

Now, I've played a lot of MMOs in the last couple years. But this is, by far, the easiest. Even WoW was a lot, lot harder then this. Maybe it's only because I'm a Jedi. But, since the only real choices are that or BH, I'm sure everyone else has had it just as easy.

Comments

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

I was concerned when I saw your title.  I thought you were having difficulty. 

Level 17 already? Wow.  But still, I am sure you are power leveling, not stopping to smell the roses or bantha poodoo.  I wonder if it will be the same when/if the duck servers appear for us vets to get into the game again.  The first time we played it, we had a sense of awe, and had no idea how to "power level", nor any real desire to.

I think our extended knowledge of the game might doom us to be power levelers.  Pre-CU won't save us from boredom if we do.  I'm not sure any game can if you know all the tricks in advance.

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• anaicanaic Member Posts: 409
    Yes, the game is easier now, and easier to earn credits now too, since you can sell most of the items you loot to a junk dealer for instant cash.
  • DelzoDelzo Member UncommonPosts: 143

Originally posted by Bissrok
    So, I just started a new guy today. I played for, I dunno, about two hours. Got to level 17 and I've been incapped one time.

Two hours for 17 levels huh?

Thank-you Bissrok for reporting. If there's one thing about these boards that I like, it's reports like these. They keep reassuring me that I made the right decision to quit when NGE was launched, and that I shouldn't resub.

A game not requiring any effort gives no satisfaction upon completion of goals, no reason to feel good, and no reason to stay.
  • ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

2 hours sounds too quick to me, but I guess if you power through without reading the NPC convos then it could be done.

The early stages of the Legacy are meant to be easy to allow those new to the game to get the hang of things.  As you move onto the Corellia and Talus stages things will start to get tougher (you'll start to come accross more Elites). 

They're also not designed with Expertise skills in mind.  Personally I think once everyone has their expertise, they'll need to go through and up the difficulty of NPCs.

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002
    Oh yeah, I stopped reading the mission notes about five MMOs ago. Plus I've put all my expertise points into healing so I think I got 40pts to constitution and 100% increase to my healing. Feels cheap, but every other person I've met at the mission sites are doing the same thing.

Luckily, in my trolling I've picked up a few tips.

It does feel nice to be getting so far in no time at all. But... It's not as fufilling as earning your rewards.

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    The only difficulty in the game, besides PvP, are simple tricks they do to make things artificially hard and unsoloable, such as the Kubazza foreman spawning too late for one person to take down in time, and in making Sher-Kar de-aggro if you don't fight her in range of her attacks.

Bah, dont do crap like that, make high end areas HARD by making them a fun challenge.

Go to either with 3 other people and it's a yawn fest it's so easy.

Originally posted by Wildcat84
    The only difficulty in the game, besides PvP, are simple tricks they do to make things artificially hard and unsoloable, such as the Kubazza foreman spawning too late for one person to take down in time, and in making Sher-Kar de-aggro if you don't fight her in range of her attacks.

Bah, dont do crap like that, make high end areas HARD by making them a fun challenge.

Now that the DF2 is working properly, it is actually pretty challenging even with 7.  The HK instance isn't a walk through the park either.

• haxxjoohaxxjoo Member Posts: 924

Originally posted by Obraik

Now that the DF2 is working properly, it is actually pretty challenging even with 7.  The HK instance isn't a walk through the park either.

If you struggle with any npc quests at all there is 2 reasons.  You are a noob to the game mechanics.  You suck at video games.  Every game I ever played has a learning curve on npcs.  Once you learn the mechanics pve as a whole becomes nothing but a snooze fest of loot gathering boredom.  The only other option is you are gaming with noobs.

Originally posted by haxxjoo

Originally posted by Obraik

If you struggle with any npc quests at all there is 2 reasons.  You are a noob to the game mechanics.  You suck at video games.  Every game I ever played has a learning curve on npcs.  Once you learn the mechanics pve as a whole becomes nothing but a snooze fest of loot gathering boredom.  The only other option is you are gaming with noobs.

Not really the NPC's, more the puzzle.  If you don't agro the droids, they'll attack the radioactive, which if it blows up you fail the instance.  The droids will activate and deactivate randomly and only a specially named one can die (which also switches between the droids).