Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mysterious new "system" to be introduced with chapter 3

From the weekly senator report

Finally, Shadowbrak astounds all with a draft post detailing a new system scheduled for Chapter 3 that looks amazing so far.  The Senate discuss the pros and cons of such a system and provide a heads up on what the Devs might expect from the community in the way of feedback.  Hopefully we can provide you more details on this very soon!!!

It's not the smuggler system. I already asked and got told no

BadgerSmaker wrote:

sickboy_ukuk wrote:

Smuggler system?

Nope.

So what could it be?

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Let me guess , hooked on phonics will be introduced ? They wanna teach their new customers to read so they can bring back the original game ?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• CymekCymek Member Posts: 340

Originally posted by sickboy_ukuk
    From the weekly senator report
    Finally, Shadowbrak astounds all with a draft post detailing a new system scheduled for Chapter 3 that looks amazing so far. The Senate discuss the pros and cons of such a system and provide a heads up on what the Devs might expect from the community in the way of feedback. Hopefully we can provide you more details on this very soon!!! It's not the smuggler system. I already asked and got told no BadgerSmaker wrote:
    sickboy_ukuk wrote:
    Smuggler system?
    Nope.
    So what could it be?

In an attempt to make SWG more iconic and starwarsy, it is probably a combat revamp of the NGE which itself was a revamp of a revamp.

To give the players what they want, SOE will probably reduce the 9 professions to 4 "Iconic" SW professions. They will be Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia , Chewbacca and R2D2.

After this, I am sure the SOE executives expect SWG to be a 8 million subscriber WoW slayer, because there are millions out there just waiting for an iconic version of SWG to be released. After all, SOE is a global leader in the online entertainment industry.

• KzinKillerKzinKiller Member Posts: 625
    The Senate discuss the pros and cons of such a system and provide a
    heads up on what the Devs might expect from the community in the way of
    feedback.

What a joke ... all they can give them is a heads-up on the feedback of the Senate .... get out and discuss the ideas with the actual customers as a whole, SOE, the Senate provides you with a meaninglessly tiny statistical sample.  Filtering their ideas through small, non-representative groups is how they painted themselves into this messy corner in the first place.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Well, sounds like the same old, same old SOE, lol

If it is a "a draft post detailing a new system scheduled for Chapter 3", then the concept and design must have been finalised already ?

So, the players can expect to have it all "revealed" soon, and then they can comment on it... but the Dev team have already decided what it will be, so as usual they might make a few minor tweaks before it is implemented.

But it should be well received by the players, because the senate says that it "looks amazing so far"

Some people thought the NGE was "amazing" as well, lol

This should be real fun...

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928
    Its a new subscription system, that monitors youre ingame chat log. If you say alot of positive things it will automatically renew your subscription for a year and draw $120 from your account. If it say alot of negative things it will ban youre account, then renew you for a year and draw $120 from your account.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

Heads SOE wins, tails you lose. 

I know people get mad at the concept of giving SOE more money around here, but it may just be worthwhile to resub for one month just to see how bad it is and come back here and report about it first hand.  That way we get fair and balanced reporting as opposed to just Obraik and Pirrg  (no offense guys).  And I'll have a month of forum access (or at least till I get banned again) to harass SWGMOD0001.

If it's any good it will hurt saying so, but I would.  Rest assured if it were bad I would blast it.

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• DelzoDelzo Member UncommonPosts: 143
    "provide a heads up on what the Devs might expect from the community in the way of feedback."

I want so bad for my love of SWG to come back. I really do. But...

...the fact that they want a heads up in the first place, tells me that they still aren't listening. They read the forums; they KNOW what the players would say to any change they make before they make it, but pride is in their way of doing what the players really want. If they had listened to the players majority in the first place, they wouldn't be in this mess.

Don't forget, NOBODY requested the NGE. That was THEIR doing, AGAINST the players wishes, IN SECRECY.

Whatever this new system is, it is just a ploy to build interest in yet another revamp that won't make SWG what it was. It never will be unfortunately.

edit:
    PS...notice how we know nothing about it? Notice how it's a secret again? If it was something that would draw in subs they'd be yelling it from the rooftops to build interest and word of mouth advertising. But no....it's all a secret. Just like the NGE.

Call me a pessimist but that's how I see it.
  • UnagiUnagi Member Posts: 99
    I predict much angst and lamentation to follow.

• KzinKillerKzinKiller Member Posts: 625
    At this point, I picture every SOE design meeting ending with someone saying "Perhaps if we built this large wooden badger ..."

• sickboy_ukuksickboy_ukuk Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by KzinKiller
    At this point, I picture every SOE design meeting ending with someone saying "Perhaps if we built this large wooden badger ..."

And then you me and smed jump out.....

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    I remember when NGE was introduced.

The "vocal" senators were extremly excited. It was the best thing to happen to SWG. And they had a focus group to support the claim.

But what SOE will not understand is the following:
    - The "combat queue" and "specials" and so on were not wrong
    - What the game lacked for some people was not the UI
    - The original design was sound, but entirely incomplete
    - They have so far never ever in succesfully addressed the real issues

Star Wars Galaxies: The only MMO, where gameplay changes every 6-9 months. The only MMO, which has, in 3 years, never even attempted to address the real issues.

Hey Sickboy_ukuk, you weren't Sikboy on Ahazi at any point in your life, were you?  (Bradshaw Lightyear = me)

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

Originally posted by Unagi

so you dont think the players on gonna like it?

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

Originally posted by FikusOfAhazi

so you dont think the players on gonna like it?

In all honesty, it does not matter if a change is good or bad, if it changes existing gameplay in a significant manner and makes people change their daily routines.  Half will like it, and half will hate it.

SOE is performing a great service to all MMORPG companies and prospective MMORPG companies.  They are testing the limits of changing existing gameplay systems.  How many major revamps does it take to reduce your playerbase to zero from a quarter million?  We will soon know.

IMO, it's just too bad the martyr had to be Star Wars.

• sickboy_ukuksickboy_ukuk Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by jrscott
    Hey Sickboy_ukuk, you weren't Sikboy on Ahazi at any point in your life, were you?  (Bradshaw Lightyear = me)

Nope I've never played on Ahazi. Im a kettemoor player, always have been

It's that bad?
  • PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Let me translate the PR:

SOMETHING NEW IN THE FUTURE!  YOU MUST RESUBSCRIBE TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

So why don't you just go ahead and spill the beans?A little copy and paste never hurt anyone.

• UnagiUnagi Member Posts: 99

Originally posted by Rekrul

It's that bad?

No, I think preliminarliy it's actually pretty good.  But what we saw needs some refinement and clarification prior to public consumption.  I don't mean to play "I've got a secret" but since the cat is partially out I'll confirm this: It is a sweeping change to a key system.

Some will welcome it as an overdue fix to a significant and long-standing problem, some will begrudgingly accept it and move on, and some will invariably use it as yet one more excuse to throw a tantrum here and flame out over on the official boards.

Originally posted by Rekrul

It's that bad?

No, I think preliminarliy it's actually pretty good.  But what we saw needs some refinement and clarification prior to public consumption.  I don't mean to play "I've got a secret" but since the cat is partially out I'll confirm this: It is a sweeping change to a key system.

Some will welcome it as an overdue fix to a significant and long-standing problem, some will begrudgingly accept it and move on, and some will invariably use it as yet one more excuse to throw a tantrum here and flame out over on the official boards.

So they already had a crafting change to begin with LMAO ?

Originally posted by sickboy_ukuk

Originally posted by jrscott
    Nope I've never played on Ahazi. Im a kettemoor player, always have been

Ahazi.Sikboy was for a long time my sidekick, until he passed me by and then became mentor.  I miss the guy quite a bit.  Good friend.  He just disappeared one day..most likely to WoW.  We were both in a very complicated situation with the same girl at the time of his disappearance, so I always worried he left because of that and that I was no longer held in high regard by him.  That would have been regrettable.

Thanks for the answer .

So...

Removal of levels and grind
    Removal of crafter and entertainer
    Removal of xp, money and skills
    Linear, unlockable content
    Instanced combat and quests

Oh, and, NGE was also said to need some time for refinement. So did CU. So did the collision system. So did the smuggler, ranger, squad leader and CH revamp. And the Jedi revamp. And more.

But GL and H5. I'm sure that both dozen players will be overjoyed with ANOTHER gameplay change.
  • JodokusJodokus Member Posts: 61

"...it looks amazing so far..."

Oh god, we've heard that before.

You know what this means, don't you?

EVERYBODY RUN AWAY!!!!!

- Jode

• ReachwindReachwind Member Posts: 275

Get ready for Horadric cube crafting!

Former SWG beta tester and player

Originally posted by Reachwind

Get ready for Horadric cube crafting!

New feature idea:

Add toilets to all buildings in SWG.  Public toilets require a fee to use.  When you bring up the radial menu for the toilet, you have a choice to take a simple dump, or craft.  If you choose craft, then you must select 3 items from your inventory and eat them.  After 1 minute, a new, shiny, iconic trinket will appear in the toilet!

Hey, at least it would be unique, instead of stealing ideas from other games, right?  Then when somebody asks you where you got that new weapon, you can tell them you pulled it from your ass.