Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

daoc us version same as europe?

pompey606pompey606 Member UncommonPosts: 439
hi, i do belive that the epic edition is only available in the States, im in the UK and was wondering if there is different game altogether for DAoC like dungeons and dragons?

Comments

• rATIxrATIx Member Posts: 67
    Don't bother starting on EU servers,they are pretty much dying.

• WolfjunkieWolfjunkie Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 985
    If you are from UK, do -not- buy the European edition. Why? I guess 80% of the Euro population plays on the German/french servers.
    If you want to speak english, use the NA version.

• pompey606pompey606 Member UncommonPosts: 439
    ok thank you very much!! that is exactly what i needed to know! amazon.com it is :)

• DocmanduDocmandu Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Download the 14 day trial instead. That will get you the game + ToA + SI for free.. Catacombs and Darkness Rising can be bought/activated in-game for 28 USD.

• OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636

English servers in EU and US are the same! the EU-server is one patch behind US atm.

and the English server are NOT dead...I don't know where ppl get that from...probably from ppl who are not even playing there.

IF you choose the US server....remeber that you will be asleep during their primetime....kinda sucks!

Prydwen and Excalibur is very much alive.

Try the trial http://camelot-europe.goa.com/en/

Yes, Prydwen and Excalibur are somewhat alive,but not everyone is into ToA stuff. US Gareth still has more people even when it's not US prime time(700+),there are quite many european players there aswell I hear.

• OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636

The ToA stuff you refer to has been made alot easier to complete. There's no need for classic servers anymore.

1. To activate an artifact you only need the encounter

2. Scrolls drop alot more often, the most expensive scrolls on CMs cost maybe 3-4plat (before patch 50-60plat)

3. you can make Masterlevels in any order you want to and you can do the x.10 step fist and tho the rest later...

4. mosters are more eay to kill now.

For me,the issue is not the time spent or the difficulty of getting the items. I just don't like it.