Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New & Improved 3D graphics, but is it still carebear?

BurningPainBurningPain Member Posts: 68

Long ago Ultima Online was a mmorpg that embraced "Free will".  If you were "good" you were good and if you were "evil" you were evil.   Evil & Good co-existed within the same realm and this brought forth conflict.  Conflict & community. Will Ultima live again?  Or will EA/Mythic split the forces of evil & good into different servers thus eliminating the conflict?

Comments

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by BurningPain

Long ago Ultima Online was a mmorpg that embraced "Free will".  If you were "good" you were good and if you were "evil" you were evil.   Evil & Good co-existed within the same realm and this brought forth conflict.  Conflict & community. Will Ultima live again?  Or will EA/Mythic split the forces of evil & good into different servers thus eliminating the conflict?

Not sure what they'll do.  But I think Mythic hasn't had much of a hand in this update because it started long before the merger was even begun discussion on.  I suspect they will maintain the current game servers and possibly, hopefully, put up a classic shard or two. 

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• galefan2004galefan2004 Member Posts: 127

Why don't you just say what you really mean? Back in the days of good ole' UO me and my 1337 friends could show how awesome we were when we ganked newbs and took their stuff. When the newbs whined enough they got their own land which made the subscriptions continue to climb instead of get destroyed by the subscriptions of EQ.

According to the numbers AoS*** killed UO not R, so try again.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by galefan2004

Why don't you just say what you really mean? Back in the days of good ole' UO me and my 1337 friends could show how awesome we were when we ganked newbs and took their stuff. When the newbs whined enough they got their own land which made the subscriptions continue to climb instead of get destroyed by the subscriptions of EQ.

Actually the fault is two-fold:

UO:R killed the community by dividing it.

UO:AOS killed the gameplay.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106

Originally posted by Elnator

Originally posted by galefan2004

^^ Right on.  Nothing will be like UO: T2a and below

I delt with AoS for a little bit...but once the Samurais came out...I was long gone.  Long live the king!
    /played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• galefan2004galefan2004 Member Posts: 127
    I never played T2A or before although my friend told me about the game and wanted me to play. He also told me about all the times he got greif pked. I told him I would never play a game that had such content, and I never will. However, I loved UO until AoS came around, and if AoS hadn't come around I would probably still be playing.
  • ApocalypticaApocalyptica Member Posts: 491
    I played TA2, LBR and still playing now with ML. I still love it. Sorry that peeps don't like to be ganked and then verbally abused. I truly feel for those of you who complain about they are not able to do that anymore ^^

------------------------------------------------------
    Do I ever sleep?

• PoemasterPoemaster Member Posts: 80

What are you high?? the forces of evil and good? wtf are you talking about????

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Originally posted by Elnator
    That's a solid summary.