Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Racism in L2

amappalaamappala Member UncommonPosts: 159

I have played almost all MMORPGs in the market, and I havent seen/heard any racist remarks while playing MMORPGs until Lineage2.

I have heard the word 'Jap' and 'Nigger' used in angry remarks by people who just got PKed about 5 separate incidents by a few ppl.   I have a guess that these ppl live in the same household , maybe siblings or roommates (just a guess tho, as they seem to know each other).

I dont think this racism will go on when L2 goes live.  Those remarks I heard would warrant an account ban.

Comments

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

NC has a very low tollerence for that kind of thing and any racist remarks would most likely end up with account suspension or deletion...

Lineage 1 had one of the best and friendliest communities around due to this

the racist remarks ur hearing now will most likely not be around come P2P

--------------------------------------

• RaptorStormRaptorStorm Member Posts: 312

I understand where you are coming from there! With in a few minutes of playing in a crowded area I learned that the Chinese hate the Taiwanese and the Taiwanese hate Hong Kong and China... and listen to people walk into an area and if the name was kind of different you would hear "where you from?" "where you from?" non stop (in Chinese and English people would type this) and if you where from an area the on spot didn't like... until one party left or one party killed the other party it was nothing but racial comments left and right.

From what I saw on the TW server the GM would have had to banish hundreds of accounts.

Lets hope that NA, especially sense the events of 9/11, are a lot more adult and more civilized then what I saw taken place in the TW beta.

Those are my views... seen through a broken glass.
    -Raptor

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.
    -Raptor