Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funny listening to people bash EVE

GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652

So how many of you are laughing when reading though EVE GOT 8.4 WTF!!!! The most halarious reading I swear. How everyone is pissed that their game is not #1. Most of the truths they list are half truths or based on 30 min expirience with the game.

I really enjoy reading those morons go at it. Mass stupidity is halarious

Comments

• Volatar!Volatar! Member Posts: 4
    I SO agree with you

one game to to rule then all!

i am workign on posting to that point where i can rate it up for what its worth, i already had an existign accoutn so i just whent ahead and did it

EVE FTW!

/shameless plug: ASCN FTW

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

lol I ended up posting after someone said EVe Suck..yadayadayada!!

I posted I play EVE, it rocks and im 2-boxing now! just to piss them off. I am 2-boxing, just opened my second account last night!!

EVE FTW!!

• LeasaLeasa Member Posts: 449

Are most people co dependant or insecure ??  I dont understand why everyone gets bent out of shape because their game is not number one.

I play EVE but I also play other MMO's that are not anywhere near number 1.  WHO CARES !!!!

Dont judge your game by what other people think of it. 

Support Bacteria, its the only culture some people have.

• Drej_X_ArmyDrej_X_Army Member Posts: 151
    Yeah, why bash something when you never really played. Its all fudged up. I played WoW and I really dont see why people even want to play it?? You can either pick PvP, PvE, or PvP with PvE but only if you want. Ok, if you get online, PvP, why else get online??? I am also a 2-boxer. I got a alt hauler. Comes in handy, about ready to get him in a freighter. Plus, whenever I get bored, I can load up my pirate and go raise hell for awhile, hehe.
  • RollinDutchRollinDutch Member Posts: 550
    That review was embarrasing to read tbh.

Giving EVE a 10/10 for FUCKING LAG? HI YOU FAIL AT REVIEWING GO WORK AT BURGER KING.

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

Originally posted by RollinDutch

Giving EVE a 10/10 for FUCKING LAG? HI YOU FAIL AT REVIEWING GO WORK AT BURGER KING.

Compared to some games EVE handles lag pretty well. I still remember my WoW days where i'd run to the auction house in Ironforge and go out for lunch and comeback and hope that it was all worked out. You can actually function in the game that would criplle others. so yes I'd still give it a 9 or 10 for performance
  • CerrianCerrian Member Posts: 141

Depends on how you want to look at it.  Do you think the reviewer spent any significant amount of time in large fleet battles during his review cycle?  How many 200 man fleet engagements did he participate in compared to the small fleet (20 or less) engagements?  I'm going to guess that the majority of his pvp experience was in small fleet actions.

Then there's Jita for a 4 hour period on a Sunday evening or afternoon, depending on which side of the pond your at, where the system can get a little laggy at the gates or by the 4-4 station.

How about the frequency of the lag?  Jita we know occurs on a weekly cycle but lag in other systems is very rare and usually attributed to a hardware/database issue unless a large fleet battle is occuring.  Compare this to the type of lag other MMOs suffer and their queue lines...I'd say EVE probably deserves a 9 or 10.
  • GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652

I will  have to agree with this one. 10/10 Means that you will not find lag in any aspect of the game, well if they actually took time in playing though ALL ASPECTS of the game and not just a noob around in secure space they would realize that when two 200 ppl fleets meet. It turns into lagfest. People try to jump into the zone and it takes 15 min to load. Modules take 20 - 30 seconds to become active. For a game that prides itself on massive fleet battles it is really annoying.
  • VulturnusVulturnus Member Posts: 36

I think eve just requires a bit more thought than most games out; some gamers are just not used to it. I blame WoW

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    lol, I tend to agree, should have been a 9,9 for that little bit of lag in jita or whenever 2 big alliance have a big battle. With my system I encounter lag few,far and between. Thats even 2-boxing!. Compared to other mmorpgs EVEs latency and lag free areas are a godsend.
  • tobsjotobsjo Member Posts: 1
    Of course the children... I mean, the WOW:ers will diss EVE, it requires basic intelligence to get through even the tutorial.

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

Am glad some people agree with me on these finally :)

i love eve been 2 years and half and still loving it and i dont try to compare it with other mmo's because eve different and very well deserve it place on the chart .... imagine this company started out only with a dream !!!

3 or 4 guys if i remember well .

I had a friend of mine tell me that WoW has next to no lag. So I loaded WoW up on his computer and took his characyter to the Ironforge auction house. Went for lunch and it was about ready when we got back. Oh yeah then we decieded to go to one of the battlegrounds... 2hours later we were 30min from from getting in. That is lag. 

• J0kerr1J0kerr1 Member Posts: 248

Hate to tell you guys this, but, EVE isn't for everyone. If you like it...Great. If others don't...well, oh well. My brother plays Matrix:online. I think it sucks. He loves it. Well, I don't need to play it. I currently play WOW. I ike the game. I think its fun. I played EVE. I didn't like it. Is it a bad game..no. Is it one I will pay for..no. Do you like it? Will you pay for it...yes.

But more important here...Star Wars Galaxies sucks.

• WrayethWrayeth Member Posts: 229

Originally posted by J0kerr1

But more important here...Star Wars Galaxies sucks.

I support this statement 100%.  I played SWG since day 4 of the Shadowfire server and up until a month or two after the CU, when it became obvious that, if you didn't have a Jedi in PvP, you still wouldn't be able to compete, just like pre-CU.  Not wanting to have no fun in the game for six months while grinding towards Jedi (I only had one account and couldn't afford a second), I decided to cancel my account instead.  That turned out to be an excellent decision, since the NGE hit a few months later and would've destroyed everything I'd built up in my time in SWG, anyway.

SOE ftl.

-Wrayeth
    "Look, pa! I just contributed absolutely nothing to this thread!"

• fireblazerxfireblazerx Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by Urza123

So how many of you are laughing when reading though EVE GOT 8.4 WTF!!!! The most halarious reading I swear. How everyone is pissed that their game is not #1. Most of the truths they list are half truths or based on 30 min expirience with the game.

I really enjoy reading those morons go at it. Mass stupidity is halarious

There will always be those who love the game and those who hate it.

"Mass stupidity," if that's why you are calling these people is incorrect. They just feel that Eve Online doesn't deserve an 8.4 because it's not a normal role-playing game.

It is true that Eve Online is not for everyone, because it doesn't contain elements that would draw attention to the mass crowd.

Take Runescape as an example, most people hate that game. Yet, there are still people who play it and love it. It doesn't have elements that would draw attention to most people but to others, the simple and lackluster graphics are just okay for a great game.
  • boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540
    you know i think i dont like eve because at the time it came out earth and beyond was closing and it tried to push people towards eve, i dl'd the trial after earth and beyond sunset, andf comparativly i almost threw up, and immediatly wanted my earth and beyond back, felt like it was a joke that they tried to offer eve to us as a sort of dull replacement, btw does eve still play in a little window, like you cant maxamize the window lol, anyway, i miss earth and beyond

playing eq2 and two worlds

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677
    Eve is all Full screen you must of had the setting to wrong in the general setting :P

Originally posted by boognish75
    you know i think i dont like eve because at the time it came out earth and beyond was closing and it tried to push people towards eve, i dl'd the trial after earth and beyond sunset, andf comparativly i almost threw up, and immediatly wanted my earth and beyond back, felt like it was a joke that they tried to offer eve to us as a sort of dull replacement, btw does eve still play in a little window, like you cant maxamize the window lol, anyway, i miss earth and beyond

you should give eve another try, you may not like it still but hey its a free trial. ps the tutorial missions suck but the end of them makes it worth while as it sets you up with a nice set of cash...
  • GardavilGardavil Member Posts: 60

Some people don't quite get what EVE is all about when they try it out...

Some people are *perhaps* jealous...

and some people just are not good enough as players to do EVE the way it needs to be done.

EVE is imho the best MMO that has ever been. I also became painfully aware that there are some players of MMO's that do not have the skills as a player to hack it in EVE....sorry, but they just don't. Most just fade away and are never heard from again. I *attempted* to really play the game for over 1 and a half years, but I didn't have what it takes either. At least I realized it and found another MMO that I can enjoy and that I seem to have a knack for.

Don't let the nay sayers and complainers slam EVE and get away with it....Play EVE the way it should be played, and when those who trash the game finally download it and try it out for 2 weeks, well, you guys know what to do...make sure they can say that they got *VETO'd* 

damn I miss EVE, but I suck at it so bad I ain't going back. Have fun guys  

• ikraikra Member Posts: 339
    *BASH* 

i~ku~ra

• DrkreaperDrkreaper Member Posts: 76

I have an active eve account that I dust off every week or so reset my traing for some other 21 day cycle skill jump into a ship & mission run with guildies

some times I just afk mine in my indy dont think I will ever quit eve again

and those who dont like eve ...no biggie ..I dont pvp got to many implants could care less about corp wars been there dont that ..not impressed ..

Its a good game & will be arround a long time esp now that they have all those new servers running ..dont know why other mmo`s cant do the same thing I like having everybody on 1 massive chat channell..

I can mine and play wow or eq2 or ddo if they ever fix it .....vanguard when it comes out  AoC looks good ..and make $$$$$ all day.

• binjuicebinjuice Member Posts: 363
    /me hugs the Eve forum productive team...

This is what I mean, when we finally see the joke we laugh and don't care.. Well I flipped out after reading the third page of the 'wtf 8.4' thread, so I sorta flamed the entire forum base that said theres was better, there 30 minutes ingame gave them rights to an opinion, etc. but yeah, overall a good reply base.

Only annoying thing is that they appear twice a week atleast, so maybe it is a good thing they don't flood eve with all these players, or maybe these threads bring interest to those that have not played eve as yet and now will look into it as the flaming continues. Controversy is always good.

Anyway, we all know games arn't for everyone, look at UO - I wouldn't play it now but man she rocked in her prime, SWG - pre 'omg player base got ****ed' patch was one awesome game, now *sighs*, WoW - as an introduction to mmorpg's great, once your over the 'item' questing, you move onto bigger better things.

And Eve sits out there with us going, ladi-dah, come play, I don't tell you anything, you do it yourself, if you die, bad luck, try again. Good luck with life.

I love Eve, she's a bitch in death, but we love her for it. (I think Eve-online is easily comparative to a woman, think about it for a moment then reply)

"Just because there are other colours to use in chat does not mean you have to use them..." - Please follow

• GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652
    To be honest I am glad that 90% of WoW ppl dont have enough brains or just not intrested in type of gameplay EVE offers. I mean come on how often do you want to hear "I PWN U!!!" or "733t l00ts ftw!!". I got to agree it will be fun killing them cuz they will be clueless in combat. Aside from that EVE is an alternative game, it is not mainstream, it will never appeal to the masses and that is the way I like it.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Urza123
    To be honest I am glad that 90% of WoW ppl dont have enough brains or just not intrested in type of gameplay EVE offers. I mean come on how often do you want to hear "I PWN U!!!" or "733t l00ts ftw!!". I got to agree it will be fun killing them cuz they will be clueless in combat. Aside from that EVE is an alternative game, it is not mainstream, it will never appeal to the masses and that is the way I like it.

I have heard far more "leet" speak in EVE then I ever heard playing WoW. Clueless in combat? Getting abit bold with your generalizations aren't you? 6 million-ish play WoW yet you have managed to nail down the fact that all them - us wouldn't be smart enough to play or skilled enough to handle you in a little PvP? Nice...

And people talk about the WoW community...

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World