Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth getting

ObiganObigan Member Posts: 68

Hello everyone , iv been lookin forward for this game but  hypes and shit didnt encourage me enough and i was busy

so  is it worth getting ?

Comments

• Vertex1980Vertex1980 Member Posts: 951
    Don't waste your time with crap.

• ObiganObigan Member Posts: 68
    lol , point taken
  • caine6621caine6621 Member UncommonPosts: 210
    It might be worth getting in the future.  As of right now its pretty laggy.  I bought it on the day of its release and it was total crap.  It may be decent in the near future. (say a couple of months).

I think they really jumped the gun on the release date

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't

• KemarikKemarik Member Posts: 122

There are a lot of features such as realistic looking terrain, weather, player construction and ownership of more advanced buildings, hiring of NPC's to guard and sell your stuff, a meaningful food/diet system, and a bigger variety of weapons and armor that can be crafted that are NOT in the game yet.  The fact is that nearly all of the features that ARE implemented are bug free however.  What is THERE is basically functional.   Right now, due to the limited features and fairly low player population of the server, there really is not an economy yet.  Crafters who make spears and shields seem to make some money though.  Lag in the game can be virtually nonexistent for hours at a time but then suddenly move up to 5 minutes or so at other times.  Logging on is not always possible as well.

Despite all this, I'm having a great deal of fun with the game.  When the barbarians raid the main Roman town, I join up with the militia to hunt them down.  During peace time, I help out the crafters/farmers in the surrounding country side and learn new skills.  About 6 or 7 Roman guilds have formed and political intrigue within the town leadership has already begun.

• grinreapergrinreaper Member Posts: 507
    I would say just make sure you do your homwork on this game before getting it, it really isnt for everybody...it seems quite a few ppl bought the game expecting something it isnt...which explains all the haters
  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by grinreaper
    I would say just make sure you do your homwork on this game before getting it, it really isnt for everybody...it seems quite a few ppl bought the game expecting something it isnt...which explains all the haters

yeah sadly there is a small minority of us that did not expect the horrible lag and bugs this game has to offer.Silly us.

Originally posted by hercules
    yeah sadly there is a small minority of us that did not expect the horrible lag and bugs this game has to offer.Silly us.

Oh, you mean the bugs which the developers addressed in a very timely fashion?

http://www.roma-victor.com/community/bb/viewtopic.php?t=12000

http://www.roma-victor.com/community/bb/viewtopic.php?t=12627

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360

Originally posted by grinreaper

Could be that what they expected it to be was GOOD... and it isn't, which explains why so many people hate it. Just a theory.

hercules, your post is better in proving my point than my post was - that point being daily developer interaction with the players to resolve bugs and other issues.

I'm off to go play for awhile.  I'll troll with ya later!

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by Kemarik

hercules, your post is better in proving my point than my post was - that point being daily developer interaction with the players to resolve bugs and other issues.
    I'm off to go play for awhile.  I'll troll with ya later!

wow CS that actually tells us "hey we listen to you.keep re installing the game to pass the time  and when we got enough cash to hire a proper coder we might fix things!"

By the way for those who can't access the links.Its basically the numerous complaints about how faulty the game is and asking for refunds.

Can't beat that CS!

• FignarFignar Member CommonPosts: 417
    I'm not a hater first and for most.

Ignore the overly optimistic posts. Simple fact is this game is no way even complete to a standard where you can say its release worthy. The game needs at least 6 to 8 months more work and considering the dev team is small and has no massive financial backing this means it may take even longer. The game looks dire, clumsy animation, hardly any  wild life in game, poor gfx over all, you expect at least something half decent and sadly the game world is lacking severly. There are still loads of bugs in the game, and there is something missing from the game which can keep your attention at the moment. Roma Victor  suffers from what i call "realism syndrome" where they have focused far too much on realism which means the fun factor has suffered. Realism is good but if you over do it you end up with Roma Victor in its current state, which means poor game play. If your  die hard then you may well enjoy it but if you get frustrated easily then you simply won't.

In other words if your expecting to jump straight in to the game expecting something thats 70% complete with some absorbng content, a rich player world, few bugs and good gameplay don't waste your time on this. Have another look at it in say 6 to  8 months to see if they have progressed much at all.

Water cooled Intel Corei7 920 D0 Stepping OC'd 4.3GHz - 6GB Corsair Dominator GT RAM 2000Mhz - ASUS RAGE II EXTREME X58 Mobo - 2x HD 5870 in Crossfire X, OC'd 0.9Ghz core 1.3Ghz RAM - Dell 2407WFP Flat Panel LCD 24" 1920x1200