Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lineage 2 the right pvp?

-exo-exo Member Posts: 564

Hello Lineage folks. I come in pieces :) .

Just had a few quick questions on the pvp. The game looks great yes, as in the graphics, the classes and races given , and even with some of the different ratings foretold. I don't mind the grind , at all. What i do mind though is the PVP. I'm one of those competitive gamers in the MMORPG world and normally it all barrels down to who can i kill, how quickly and will i be able to siege a town , raid a city , or flat out destroy the enemy of which i face. Now i was told the pvp in this came, is crudely harsh when need be.( loseing your gear?) yikes . but I am a bit curious on how the system works, or if someone can appoint me to an article on it so i can read up on it more. Thanks again!!!

-exo

www.roxstudiodesigns.com

Comments

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    OKay before I say anything,

If you want to own in PvP, go necro or a nuker in general or an archer.

The PvP is open-ended, you can't see anyone's leve, class, or health. You can assume their class by the gear they wear. But it's completely open, a lvl 80 char can kill a lvl 1 char. Clan wars are brutal, you'll have roving packs of people out hunting the other clan and vice versa. There will be times where anywhere you go, you're going to get ganked. There are eyes and ears out for a lot of clans, a lot of people have alts, and at times, you'll be leveling, someone passes you, says "hi".

Whispers the clan you are warring with.

5 minutes later you get gangbanged. The sieges are just mass zerg, but with massive amounts of people, kind of fun actually, but lots of politics. We had 2 sieges and we were defending and such to help our felllow allies and they didn't show up, it was a bluff. But there is an agenda behind it.

I am currently trying to develop a list of eyes and ears myself, friends and customers (I run an in-game distribution copmany) that will tell me the location of the clan we are warring with. Like i'd say at least an hour a day, our clan's PvPers get in two groups or so and just go out looking to annhilate the clan we are warring. It's kind of funny to hear it over chat.

I started the game 3 months ago and it's amazing to hear people who've played the game for 2 years and all the history and the past politics and merging/dissolving of clans/alliances and what not.

FYI, if you don't choose a nuker/archer class you're going to hate the game. I chose a good PvP class, a gladiator, too bad you have to be lvl 78 before you start to kick ass lmao. I'm not kidding, even lvl 77 doesn't do the trick ;). Only lvl 78.

Enjoy, I play on Hindemith.

Cryomatrix
    Qais lvl 61.75 gladiator (Owner of Qais Corp, in-game distribution business)

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325
    When PvPing you can't loose gear, only exp. Gear can only be lost when killed by a monster. If you PK people which is killing them without them fighting back, then you can drop gear, esspecially if you have killed over 5 people.

This is a mass pvp game. When all the classes come togeather and support eachother correctly it is VERY VERY balanced imo. But in 1v1 or 2v2 pvp you will be able to see that some classes can just wipe out other classes. Of course these classes will be the Damage Dealers.

If you want to be good at pvp I would suggest thus. Pick a strong damage dealer. The best ones are Nuker Type mages, including the necromancer. Archers the Silver Ranger and then the Hawkeye are really nice. Also Dagger users are pretty good, and are even going to be better in a few weeks because C5 will be released and they get some nice new skills. C5 will also be bringing lots of balance to pvp too.

The classes not to go for if you want to actually kill someone wouldn't be support type classes...meaning any buffer or healers, with the exception of Overlords and Warcryers, since they kinda just pwn you in general if they know what they are doing. Any melee class will loose to ranged in small combat, unless again the melee knows what they are doing and has the correct support.

If you want to experience awesome pvp, you will have to lvl up past 60 and try to get into a clan that does a lot of pvp and whatnot.

Best PvP MMO imo...

• -exo-exo Member Posts: 564
    well thank you both very much, i will be looking more into it :)

www.roxstudiodesigns.com

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Originally posted by Jukan

Best PvP MMO imo...

/agree
  • PraorPraor Member Posts: 519
    Agree, Pvp is mad I tell ya

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525

Originally posted by Cryomatrix

The PvP is open-ended, you can't see anyone's leve, class, or health. You can assume their class by the gear they wear.

Want to add to this: not really. I know that a lot of people use a hack (or third party program, not sure how they do it) to see the gear and level of the opponent. I once got told EXACTLY what gear I was wearing, what level I was etc.

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

• GalaxiacelesGalaxiaceles Member Posts: 154
    -- posted in wrong topic ignore this --

• xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672
    never heard of that hack perosnally, but that means nothing of course.

IT is nice to have this kind of pvp, where just normal ganking is doable, but you get "punished" for it as well (cannot go to towns, can drop gear, etc) until you work off the bad karma.  Helps keep it from being a complete gankfest like *cough*eq2's poor excuse of pvp*cough*

My god has horns.... nah, I don't think he is real either.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Also, dagger users are very good now. But they are not ranged so that works against them. Still, you don't notice they are sidling next to you and you will probably die.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PraorPraor Member Posts: 519

Originally posted by Sovrath
    Also, dagger users are very good now. But they are not ranged so that works against them. Still, you don't notice they are sidling next to you and you will probably die.

Yea daggers are something to watch out for,I think it was C2 not sure but that was a time when they were feared as well.

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

• NastyNitroNastyNitro Member Posts: 75

i never liked nuker/archer classes. a good melee competitor is DA, they a lil tricky to play(micromanage like crazy) but you can in effect beat every ranged class (as long as you can catch them and/or set you panther on them and stay out of their range). On PTS only class that could beat me was Destroyer, throw everything at em and they just dont go down. Yes archers/nukers can kill you if they get the drop or play smart and kite you and kill your cat first, otherwise they kittyfood or stunlocked, Sps on the otherhand has such crazy attack speed that youll prolly be ded before you reach em. Daggers are good aginst the lighter armor classes but when going aginst ha classes it all depends if stuns land and if dagger skills hit/crits, but overall my da has not lost aginst a dagger, if i get low just stun and drain health, root, sick panther on them, rinse and repeat.

but always comes down to your playstyle, and yes 60+ is were true pvp begins, and 75+ is when anyone below gets owned hard

• isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

i've played a lot of mmos and for all it's flaws, L2 has the best pvp system of any i've played. 

In one word, it's brutal.  Open, non-consentual pvp is the only way to go and at the higher levels believe me L2 delivers. 

If you like mass pvp, ganking, pk'ing, griefing, scamming, etc - L2 is the game for you. 

If you like faction pvp, instanced pvp, duels, etc - go play wow it is a great game for pussies. 

edit: by the way archers are the gods of open combat (ie. sieges).  Nukers do hella damage but are better in confined places where they can get in sleep/cancel/etc range.  Melee classes are generally inferior but daggers can be deadly.  Buff classes are essential but they are usually botted anyways. 

The hack you're talking about is L2walker.  It's a bot program that also lets you see HP/MP and equipment.  I can talk about these things because i quit L2:)

• NastyNitroNastyNitro Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by isurus

i've played a lot of mmos and for all it's flaws, L2 has the best pvp system of any i've played. 
    In one word, it's brutal.  Open, non-consentual pvp is the only way to go and at the higher levels believe me L2 delivers. 
    If you like mass pvp, ganking, pk'ing, griefing, scamming, etc - L2 is the game for you. 
    If you like faction pvp, instanced pvp, duels, etc - go play wow it is a great game for pussies. 
    edit: by the way archers are the gods of open combat (ie. sieges).  Nukers do hella damage but are better in confined places where they can get in sleep/cancel/etc range.  Melee classes are generally inferior but daggers can be deadly.  Buff classes are essential but they are usually botted anyways. 
    The hack you're talking about is L2walker.  It's a bot program that also lets you see HP/MP and equipment.  I can talk about these things because i quit L2:)

L2 has a great pvp system but still not completely balanced, not all classes can pvp, C5 helped alot in this but lets see a warlord kill a nuker same lvl and same lvl gear, wont happen, or warlord kill anything but healers lol. Shadowbane was the most balanced pvp ive played, herd uo and ac were good also but havent played them. with C5 a knight class can root those pesky archers^^ but yes a smart archer/nuker can range you to death, but those are very fiew and far between.

• stormbaronstormbaron Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by darwa

Originally posted by Jukan

Best PvP MMO imo...

/agree

Aye!
  • isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

You are right the classes are not completely balanced, especially not for 1v1.  But for the most part all classes have a use, with a couple exceptions (temple knights come to mind). 

Has c5 come out yet?  EE was always my favorite class and i was wondering if it's true that healers/buffers can kill nukers 1v1 now. 

Ehhh...yea...I don't think buffers/healers can 1v1 nukers, but they can definately screw them up. Lemme Explain.

Many support classes now have a skill called Mana Burn. This Burns an opponents mana. If you are fighting a nuker of equal/lower or less than 3 levels higher you will burn their mana pretty nicely, if and only if you have a good weapon...so no more crystal staff till lvl 75, lol. But like a homu sword of desparian staff, etc.

The reason why you can't really 1v1 is, almost always the nuker will kill you before you burn all his mana away. But now, nukers are easier to kill. So like you mana burn him while your Dark Avenger friend is playing wack a mole and most likely it is a dead nuker. Or you can be really mean and you and 3 other support classes can just all mana burn him at one time! And then load the SS and beat him down. But you still don't do significant damage, but you can stop nukers from doing significant damage. If you understand this concept you will see why it is practically impossible to 1v1 a nuker.

Elven Elders are great though. They get trance (it is a new form of sleep, that casts fast...since normal sleep cast speed has been nerfed to be EXTREMELY SLOW). Not to mention they get some other nice goodies along with strong and fast heals, strong recharges, and nice defensive buffs.

But we must remember, this game wasn't designed for 1v1 arena style pvp. 1v1 pvp is totally unbalanced. But, when pvping "right" in mass pvp with strategy, every class is importaint, esspecially the healer. My philosophy is, whoever has the better healer wins!

• GalaxiacelesGalaxiaceles Member Posts: 154
    Do yourself a favor, do not play a Phantom Summoner. They are techinically the "worst" class for
    PVP. That is a fact, don't make me even argue it because PS should now be the rarest class
    in the entire server population. Anyone that knows how a summoner works and what Erase does
    and half a brain will realize quickly to stay away.

TK's are pretty much up there also till 75+ when you get Shield Slam, but Arrest is nice.

If you want PvP play one of these classes.

Treasure Hunter
    Hawk Eye
    Silver Ranger
    Spell Singer
    Spell Howler
    Overlord
    Warcryer

If you want to be a little less good in PvP.

Shillen Knight
    Dark Avenger
    Destroyer
    Tyrant

If you wanna suck in pvp but just look kinda cool.

Gladiator

LOL.