Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of vehicle do you drive?

DaEm0nDaEm0n Member Posts: 520

Yeah, just a little curious at what kind of vehicles you guys drive.

I drive a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT.

For those that can't see the pic
It's standard, and I've had it for over 3 years. But, now I'm wondering if I should get the 350Z . . .

This siggy is CGI that my cousin made in 4 hours.

Comments

• TheodorykTheodoryk Member Posts: 1,453
    I hate you, I've wanted that car for so long its not even funny.

Me, I ride the frickin bus, lol. Around here, insurance and fuel are so expensive that I would have to work a second full time job just to afford a car. Some day though, when I'm educated and wealthy, I'll have the finest collection of Mitsubishis in the world. Yes, I'm a Mitsubishi nut, its true.

"Speaking haygywaygy or some other gibberish with your mum doesn't make you foreign."
    -baff

• DaEm0nDaEm0n Member Posts: 520

Originally posted by Theodoryk
    I hate you, I've wanted that car for so long its not even funny.

Me, I ride the frickin bus, lol. Around here, insurance and fuel are so expensive that I would have to work a second full time job just to afford a car. Some day though, when I'm educated and wealthy, I'll have the finest collection of Mitsubishis in the world. Yes, I'm a Mitsubishi nut, its true.

Wow . . . I never really wanted to buy this car actually. It was just that only "nice" sports car I can afford at the time.

I actually wanted the 350Z.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Nothing fancy - Black 2005 Mazda 3.

That's obviously not a picture of my car, heh.

• TheodorykTheodoryk Member Posts: 1,453
    Nissans are nice, and they seem to be getting nicer and nicer with every new series they put out. But still, I got a special place in my heart for Mitsubishi, did you know that they're the company that produces the Zero fighter plane during WWII?

As for the Spyder, well you know it wouldn't be my first choice if I could afford any car in the world.
    But practically speaking, I could probably get that car for about 20k around here, which makes it very affordable for what it offers. I mean, I could probably go buy a Lancer like all the other clones, but I think I'll hold out a couple more years for a car I'll really be happy with.

"Speaking haygywaygy or some other gibberish with your mum doesn't make you foreign."
    -baff

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Well for a car I drive a 1985 Subaru Sherpa 798cc 2 cylinder engine... costs me $25 p/month to run

Awesome coz lets be honest.... cars are just something to carry shopping and shag teenage girls in... If you really want performance you would buy a bike right ?

So I also have....

• 1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200
    • 1340cc Wiseco Big Bore Kit
    • Welded Crank
    • Yoshimura Cams
    • Stage 2 Dynajet Carbs
    • Crank Case Breaher
    • Cam Oil Feeders

Its a challenge keeping the front wheel on the ground in 1st 2nd and 3rd

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by DaEm0n

Yeah, just a little curious at what kind of vehicles you guys drive.
    I drive a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT.

For those that can't see the pic
    It's standard, and I've had it for over 3 years. But, now I'm wondering if I should get the 350Z . . .

my old car would smoke both of those....

it was a 1994 celica GTS that i dropped a minaturized 3.2 liter V6 into, had a cold air intake system,  aluminum high compression headers, and a 5speed racing tranny and clutch.

plus a few other odds and ends.

however the engine was too much for the high end mounts and somehow i blew the headers into the body of the car, and totalled the whole thing while driving normally.

but for real speed you need a vehicle that gets torque as well as gear ratio, and horsepower.

the best cars for that in my experience is a chevy with a 351 such as an el camino( you have to put traction bars on it), or other muscle car like a camero.

or a mustang with a 302, or 351 cleveland(not winser)

but the thing that beats all of them but ill be damned if you find one is a buick grand national........

holy shit it is the fastest V6 car ever in my mind.

every year it was made it beat the corvette.....

i would kill the have one try to get one of those.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• DaEm0nDaEm0n Member Posts: 520

Originally posted by Razorback

Well for a car I drive a 1985 Subaru Sherpa 798cc 2 cylinder engine... costs me $25 p/month to run
    Awesome coz lets be honest.... cars are just something to carry shopping and shag teenage girls in... If you really want performance you would buy a bike right ?
    So I also have....

1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200
    1340cc Wiseco Big Bore Kit
    Welded Crank
    Yoshimura Cams
    Stage 2 Dynajet Carbs
    Crank Case Breaher
    Cam Oil Feeders

Awesome! I'm planning to buy a bike next month. A sports bike. Any kind you think I should buy?

Oh, and about performance, trust me, I modded (and still modding) my car to reach my needs in performance.

To Verg: Ouch. And yeah, I know what you mean. But, my car has all of those you mentioned, plus I turbo-charged it. In drag, who knows, but in circuit, we'll just have to see who's a better driver.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

So I also have....

1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200
    Welded Crank
    Yoshimura Cams
    Stage 2 Dynajet Carbs
    Crank Case Breaher
    Cam Oil Feeders

my yamaha yzf beats that. but i dont know shit about bikes i just know a lot about cars, bikes are a art unto themselves.

but i want the new zx14 for only about 11 grand it beat everything including the suzuki hibusa(sp for sure)

it is about the fastest stock production bike around.

i actually make enough to afford the payments on it.

but for speed that is the only option .

it gets a 2.5 second 0-60 and 125 pounds of torque at 7200 RPM with a top speed easily around 150 or 160. or more......

that is the best thing for speed.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

Standard transmission silver Saturn Vue.  Nothing special, but it gets me from point A to point B.

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• DeletedAcctDeletedAcct Member Posts: 883
    1984 Caballero !984 GMC Caballero.

• britocabritoca Member Posts: 1,484

beaten-up, flaked-paint 1992 Honda Accord FTW! We call it Big Red

-virtual tourist
    want your game back?

• KuzzleKuzzle Member Posts: 1,058

I own a Scarabeo 150, but I haven't driven it in the past two years for a couple reasons.

1: I haven't had anywhere to go... Kind of sad, when you think about it. I mean, two years...
    2: My dad said he needed to take a look at it because it sat for so long. 'Course, he said that last month, so it wasn't really a factor before...

Anyway, it looks pretty much like this pic I found. Same color, and it's pretty new looking except for some small scratches on one side where my brother tipped it over. I haven't let him ride it since then. I mean, he didn't even tell me about it, and the scratches were small enough that I didn't notice for about a month and a half. ::::26:: ...That still pisses me off.

See, he was standing over the part where your feet go and someone got on the back. He wasn't used to not having the bike between his thighs, so it tipped over. Arg! Still pisses me off that he not only tipped it over, but he chastises me about not knowing how to drive a car, and claims he's top shit when it comes to riding bikes and shit, but he was too foolish to keep it on it's wheels... That, and he lied about it.

Anyway, I've only had it up to about 75mph, but it'll supposedly do about 90mph. *shrug*

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697
    Fizzle, i would fear for my life if i were to ride that at 90mph .

Oh, and daemon, nice car m8.

My mom is having me buy my own car, but what she doesn't know is my secret plan *laughs maniacly*

My Mom is in love with 1966 Mustangs,  there happens to be one somewhere in town for sale :P.  I'm going to ask her for financial support, and since it is a '66 mustang, and i have really good puppy dog eyes (not really...like at all), she shall not resist.

MWUAHAHAHAHAHA

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Awesome! I'm planning to buy a bike next month. A sports bike. Any kind you think I should buy?

Oh, and about performance, trust me, I modded (and still modding) my car to reach my needs in performance.

Come join us at http://streetfighters.com.au/forum/default.asp

Everything you ever wanted to know about modifying bikes for extreme performance but were too afraid to ask

Really great bunch of guys, many of the members have bikes that are featured in International magazines like Bens "Judge"

But down to earth Aussie morons who know about jap bikes. The basic description we like is "built be a genius ridden by a madman"

Im Razorback there too

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• I drive a used Nissan somethin' somethin' it's purple and is missing a hub cap. I never really got into cars that much, never needed to, as the lord, the heavenly host, has seen fit to bless me with an abnormally large reproductive organ.

• mozismozis Member Posts: 436

So I also have....

1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200
    Welded Crank
    Yoshimura Cams
    Stage 2 Dynajet Carbs
    Crank Case Breaher
    Cam Oil Feeders

Yamaha yzf r6 for the beginner and yzf r1 for the experienced rider. Yamaha bikes will meet or exceed the needs of most bikers today.

• albinofreakalbinofreak Member Posts: 449
    Right now I drive a Saturn Ion. Its nothing special. It gets me from point A to B and gets 35 mpg, which is very nice cause I drive 100 miles a day to and from school and work. Once I graduate college I'm gonna reward myself with either a Camaro or a Harley Davidson... probably the Harley. Harleys are the only way to go with motorcycles as far as I am concerned.
  • Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

WHERE DO YOU LIVE? CUZ I HATE YOU!

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• viadiviadi Member Posts: 816
    I drive a Audi A4 2.0T S in silver its 4 weeks old and done less than 1500 miles its my first "new" car I've ever bought and i hope to drive it for a good 15 years

Tin Foil hats dont work.. its all a conspiracy

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

I wish :D

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• SyriSyri Member UncommonPosts: 230
    I've got a 1998 Vauxhall Astra 1.8 CDX (Opel Astra for any euros outside the uk)
    it's the newer shape one, but not the latest, and it's silver and has a spoiler. not got any pics of it, if i find one, i'll post it up, but it's nothing special

------------------------------
    Currently playing: Rift

former player of: DAoC, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, SWG (pre-NGE), WoW, Warhammer online, LotR:O

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    1997 Nissan Maxima.  For those in the USA, it looks like the Infiniti I30 rather then the US Maxima ;)

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

Lexus LS 400

An old one but it's the nicest car I've owned yet.

http://www.theautochannel.com/media/photos/lexus/1997/97_lexus_ls_400-3.jpg

I'm from the mobile armchair school of driving.

http://www.cureline.net/lex/gfx/InteriorFrontSm_1.jpg

Is there a trick to getting images to display? I never seem to be able to.

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

1988 Blue VW Jetta GLi for the win!!! I'm pretty sure the GLi stands for Good Luck Imbecile... those funky germans have a great sense of humor :).

She's actually a good little car, quite litteraly on her last leg but for the most part she's dont' wonderfully the last 4 years I've had her. Great on fuel, hardly ever needs anything fixed and starts up every time in our cold Canadian winter mornings.

I do want to get my motorcycle license though, I have my temps right now and going for the gearing up course next month so maybe some time next summer I'll be riding around on two wheels.

• DeletedAcctDeletedAcct Member Posts: 883

Originally posted by shae

1988 Blue VW Jetta GLi for the win!!! I'm pretty sure the GLi stands for Good Luck Imbecile... those funky germans have a great sense of humor :).
    She's actually a good little car, quite litteraly on her last leg but for the most part she's dont' wonderfully the last 4 years I've had her. Great on fuel, hardly ever needs anything fixed and starts up every time in our cold Canadian winter mornings.
    I do want to get my motorcycle license though, I have my temps right now and going for the gearing up course next month so maybe some time next summer I'll be riding around on two wheels.

We expect pictures when you get your new bike. With you on it