Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Europeans be warned!

ignestiignesti Member Posts: 47
A major flaw in realism!

As I'm writing this, it's night in Europe IRL, in the game the sun is rising.

Isn't the game supposed to be in Brittain, south of Hadrianus wall and not in New York?
Maybe RB has come across some new and revolutionary documents telling us that Romans discovered America?

I'm an European, GMT+1, and my normal gaming hours at home is between 18-20. In game it's pitch black and I can't construct anything!? What's the meaning by that? When I get home from work the sun is setting, when I go to sleep at about 23 (GMT+1) in game it's midnight.

My oppinion is that Europeans are getting screwed big time by RB. RB must hate Europeans. RB is a RASCIST company who hates anyone who is european. That's my oppinion, since I can't play the game. I'm not evven going o try to refund my money, the poor buggers at RB needs my money since they soon will be begging for some in the streets!

BIG HATE TO RB, you should team up with $OE!!!

PS
I did my homework, I read and reread the forums, no one said that RV would be as crappy as it is, until now.
Hate to the fanbois too and cutos to the vigilantes of the web who can see and confront the evildoing companies.
DS

Comments

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492

sooooooooooooo...whatcha been smoking? Can i have some?

but for a true answer to your comment RV is not a 24 hour day, only 4 hour days and nights. So in one of our days there are 3 RV days.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Maybe he rode on the short bus to school...

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492
    hes a stupid troll look what i found:

http://www.roma-victor.com/community/bb/viewtopic.php?t=14760&highlight=

i think your right about the short bus

• duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670
    He posted the same crap on the oficial forums...  Hasn't he heard about gamma settings???

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
    And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

• ignestiignesti Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by Virtus

sooooooooooooo...whatcha been smoking? Can i have some?

but for a true answer to your comment RV is not a 24 hour day, only 4 hour days and nights. So in one of our days there are 3 RV days.

Sh-t how did you find out what I was smoking?!!

You are the man Virty, I must give you some money (Quote from Exec. at RB).

Lets make some calculations, OK? Hope I did it correct.

3 cycles /day, one day is 8h. At ca 21h GMT it's midninght.

In the North American continent (N.A.) at the above mentioned time it's 15h GMT-6 on the east coast and 9h GMT-12 on the west coast. You with me?

Next. Peak gaming hours for a mature game like this is about 20 local time. You get home from work, eat dinner, watch the news etc.

OK 20h local time that gives:
    • Europe 1 h before midnight in the game. Darknes rules the mainland.
    • East coast a few hours before noon in the game. Birds are singing in the sunlight
    • West coast early in the morning. Dark, but the sun looks above the horizon.
    Ergo et sum, RB hates Europeans, although their main office is in England.

Most of the playerbase is mature, we like the challenge of a good game, true? We read the forums over and over. We buy the games that gets good reviews by players and in this case by fanbois.

RB could easily have tweaked the clock to make everyone happy. They should have considered the main playerbases in Europe and N.A. I agree, it's a nice reality feature, but too much reality and not as much thought makes this game horribly bad. In my work I would never send such a bad product to my customers, it would be suicide.

We almost never buy a faulty product in the shops if we do we bring it back and demand the money back asap. But when it comes to games we shove the sock in our mouth, put on the upper stiffer lip and swallow our pride, why do we do that? Stand your grounds, burn or cruisify the fanbois and demand the money back.

I don't see me as a troll, I ventilate my opinion about this game, here and in the RV forums, no big deal.

• ignestiignesti Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by duncan_922
    He posted the same crap on the oficial forums...  Hasn't he heard about gamma settings???

Narf, yeah! The Romans invented the gamma setting, yeah!
    Like dude you must got some good shit on ya.

Honestly I missfired the first forum, it should have gone into the participant forum (main)

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    this must be a joke post
  • duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670

Originally posted by ignesti

Honestly I missfired the first forum, it should have gone into the participant forum (main)

You must really be smoking some good shiat if the lines between the game and real life are blurring that much! 

Don't forget...   puff, puff, pass!

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
    And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

• sushimeessushimees Member Posts: 489

Originally posted by ignesti

Hahahah :D You're freaking hilarious, props to you topic creator.