Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some of your flash adds are performing illegal operations.

MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

I
haven’t investigated completely.... but it seems they are trying to accesses
something by external means.

I am not able to see what ad it is, as it does crash my browsers. (firefox).
The error is attempting to call an external script and trying to accesses a
function not available in firefox for security reasons. This isn’t a problem in
IE, most likely because as with most bugs and illegal operations, they are
allowed in IE. (its a feature!®).

Please
look into this.

----------
"Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Comments

• TsukikagexTsukikagex Member Posts: 12

Actually, The last Firefox update really screwed up a lot, you can't use anything flash based until they update again unfortunately (unless you use a different browser)

Should be able to see what's wrong with Firefox at the minute here

~Playing~
    None - Vanguard: SoH
    ~Played~
    WoW - Paladin 20 - Hunter 20 - Druid 30
    City Of Heroes/Villians - Scrapper 30
    Final Fantasy XI - Black Mage/White Mage 75
    Guild Wars - Warrior/Monk 20 - Assassin/Warrior 20

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

It is not firefox. It is the flash player that is bombing
    out because the flash movie in one (1) of the ads is attempting to perform an illegal
    operation.

I would tell you wich one it is, but it never loads. Its one single banner ad in the top section of the site.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Not really a fix but Flashblock extension helps alot for sites with alot of flash-ads (this place, gamespot, ign etc). Just click the flash-icon if you want it to see/load it.