Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Second Dawn guild

caprisoncaprison Member Posts: 17

For those of you that are going to be following this game until it releases I just wanted to post our guild up here for people who might be interested. We are trying to get a head start on things so we can hit the ground running when release time comes around. Thanks for looking..

Name: The Second Dawn
Leader: We are governed by a democratic Assembly
Factions: Mainly Lightbearers ideals, all factions welcome

Roleplaying: Players choose
Outpost: No
PvP: Yes, but with restrictions. See website for details.
PvE: Yes
Craft & Trade: Yes
Recruting: Yes

Rules: See our website at http://seconddawn.nrgservers.net for a complete list of rules and regulations for our guild.

Contact: For questions about guild membership please mail us as [email protected]
If you have any other questions you can PM me or mail me at [email protected]

Webpage: http://seconddawn.nrgservers.net

Description:

The Second Dawn is an offshoot of the Lightbearers and shares their general goal of achieving spiritual enlightenment and mastering the healing arts. As their name implies, The Second Dawn sees the post-apocalyptic world as a bright new day in humanity's development. In a driven world where various factions each strive towards different and sometimes conflicting goals, The Second Dawn aims to be a peaceful and stabilizing presence to speed humanity's reclamation of the world.

The Order is guided by the Twin Pillars of Compassion and Fellowship.

The Second Dawn is completely apolitical. They do not form alliances, and they do not take sides in any conflict. While they take no side in conflicts, the order will attempt to form stable and mutually beneficial relationships with any other group open to such an arrangement.

The order will encourage members to take up some form of crafting and trade, to help keep the order afloat. While it will always remain a matter of personal choice, we will encourage members to share their wealth and crafting expertise for the good of their brothers and sisters and the wider world at large. For example, when we have sufficient resources, the order may establish a mission where new players can get a few pieces of decent free gear.

History:

We are a new guild, we have no current history..

Management:

The Second Dawn is governed by a democratic Assembly.

The basic rules for player behavior have been laid out in the guild's Charter. These rules pertain mostly to player-versus-player interactions and the ideals of equality. These things stated in the Charter are considered exhaustive for the purpose of clan membership. The Assembly, therefore, won't be about making up new rules which everyone has to know and obey. Those rules are there now. Players can look at those rules to help them decide if this guild is for them.

The purpose of the Assembly is to give members the opportunity to direct the various activities of the clan. These include (but are not limited to) things like deciding how to raise money, where to spend that money, what special projects the clan will undertake, where we will explore, what land we'll buy, what we'll research, craft, trade etc. etc.

The basic philosophies of the clan have been provided - we are a compassionate and politically neutral religious order with a focus on healing and some restrictions on pvp. Precisley how we meet and overcome the challenges Fallen Earth provides us while remaining true to these philosophies is for players to decide.

Recrutiment Policy:

Players are encouraged to think carefully about joining The Second Dawn. We are not just a guild of healers, though that is a very important part of what we are. Maintaining absolute neutrality is also essential to achieving our goals. Players may find themselves in the difficult situation of wanting to take sides in a player conflict, knowing that one side is "right", and not being able to.

While it is expected that most of our members will be aligned (skill wise at least) with the Lightbearers, the order is open to everyone. If you are a crafting nut, but our philosophy and goals appeal to you, you will be welcome. The same would apply to a muscle-bound freak wielding matching bazookas - provided you believe in and adhere to our principles of compassion and fellowship.

If you're a PvP freak, this clan probably isn't for you. There will definitely be opportunities for PvP but they'll come with restrictions. See the website for additional information.

We hope this information helps you in your decision on joining a guild. We at The Second Dawn would love to have you as a part of the guild

---------------------------------------------
Then the Lord answered Job from the whirlwind: "Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorant words? Brace yourself, because I have some questions for you, and you must answer them. "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell me, if you know so much.

Comments

• robinorobino Member Posts: 39

do i have to wear make-up ?

lol jk - i'll defo look u guys up when/if this game comes out

• caprisoncaprison Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for your intrest in The Second Dawn. Let us know when your ready to join up.

BTW... makeup is only permitted when dressing up like one of the lost boys in Peter Pan, a member of KISS (you know which ones, no cats).., or Richard Simmons. If any of these rules change i'll let ya know.

---------------------------------------------
    Then the Lord answered Job from the whirlwind: "Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorant words? Brace yourself, because I have some questions for you, and you must answer them. "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell me, if you know so much.

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

Our permanent server is finally up and we can be found at:

http://theseconddawn.com

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

If this game doesn't piss me off and disapoint me, I'll def give you guys a shout.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

I'm kind of wary about getting too excited about games too, having had those expectations disappointed.

But even if Icarus only deliver on half of what they've promised, I think FE will still be twice as good as anything else on the market.

Look forward to hearing that shout! :)

• AmnestieAmnestie Member UncommonPosts: 24

Your guild sounds very interesting. Seems like it will enhance the gameplay of those who are part of the guild and play FE. I will definitely keep you guys in mind.

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Originally posted by green13
    Our permanent server is finally up and we can be found at:
    http://theseconddawn.com

"What are the pvp restrictions?

Generally speaking Second Dawn Disciples don't attack other players unless those players attack first. We strongly recommend all potential members read the relevant Article on non-aggression before joining."

I am a pirate, sorry. ::L^(::

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me