Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE acquires a developer who has a SCI FI game?

JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

from smegma Smedley's blog

One last thing:  In the near future, you’re going to read about another big development here at SOE. We recently acquired a game developer that is going to take us into a new space entirely. We’re really excited about it and I think when you hear what it’s about and see what they’re working on you’ll agree!

Another game ruined. Could it be EvE Online?

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
Brad McQuaid
Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
www.vanguardsoh

Comments

• CastleGoobCastleGoob Member Posts: 134

Originally posted by Jorev

One last thing:  In the near future, you’re going to read about another big development here at SOE. We recently acquired a game developer that is going to take us into a new space entirely. We’re really excited about it and I think when you hear what it’s about and see what they’re working on you’ll agree!

Smeders is cutting a path of destruction in the mmo world. He wont eat wont sleep will never show pity or remorse he cant be bargained with or reasoned with he will never stop until your are smederised.

• GamegodGamegod Member Posts: 8

Hmmm!

I believe your talking about STO by Perpetual Entertainment, thats my bet.

You cant win if you don't play

• creolcreol Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Gamegod

Hmmm!
    I believe your talking about STO by Perpetual Entertainment, thats my bet.

Say it aint soe........................... I hope your wrong!

And when Smedley said "new space" could you be taking him to literal??

Maybe he just ment into new stuff they haven't fu.... err developed.

• CozwinCozwin Member Posts: 27

ermm google be your friend i searched "SOE aquires new Game producer" and top of the list is http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3613&Itemid=2<br /><br />which answers your question in 1 :P<br />

• DarkCreedDarkCreed Member Posts: 88

Wow, would it be so difficult for you to either create a working link or tell us? I mean, surely contributing useful information to a forum you frequent is far to much to ask, direct everyone somewhere else, bad form my man, bad form.....

98% of the teenage population does or has accepted Marijauna propoganda. If you are one of the 2% that thinks for yourselves and has read any of the many scientific studies that prove cannabis is harmless then please paste this in your signiture.

• CozwinCozwin Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by DarkCreed

Wow, would it be so difficult for you to either create a working link or tell us? I mean, surely contributing useful information to a forum you frequent is far to much to ask, direct everyone somewhere else, bad form my man, bad form.....

Emm link works fine for me i jusy copy and pasted and still worked for me, and why not direct people elsewhere, you think everyone is sudenly going to leave here and go there, and if MMORPG Staff dont like it they should have made sure they covered this story as it is a big mmo story.
  • GunnyFisherGunnyFisher Member Posts: 65
    There is no way SOE would take over Eve.  Half the subscriptions would cancel at the news.

Have faith in God, believe in antimatter.

• mickstaggermickstagger Member Posts: 8
    SOE to EVE would be like EA Games to Earth and Beyond.....impending doom! I dont even like EVE but i wouldnt wish SOE on Anyone. Thier track record is almost as good as EA's for extreme failures when it comes to taking something that works just fine and throwin it out 6 months later.
  • LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

Originally posted by Jorev

Oh i wouldnt worry about eve this rumour showed up on the eve forums some time ago. Thankfully not long after a developer showed up to say this would never happen considering how well eve is doing etc.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Only thing that crosses my mind is that two-bit Star Trek card game. Don't remember the details. Couple months back, I think. Think the game was for online also, but I could be wrong.