Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ShadowBane : Theres a reason its free...

ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

I really cant imagine that anyone would pay a monthly fee to play this stinker, so Im guessing thats why its free now....... After playing for a month and a half Im struggling with anything positive to say about this game.

At peak time on Vindication, population never seems to get much over 100 people. Ive logged on and havent seen a soul for hours.  

I dont mind sub par graphics, but graphics in this game are just terrible. Rubberbanding, getting stuck in walls etc etc. Drives me completely nuts.

The community is terrible as well. They had to eliminate the Global chat channel due to the constant stream of trash talking and immaturity. Problem with that is, new players now feel even more isolated, you cant even ask questions. Not that it would matter as the higher level players really could care less about new players, most likely theyll kill you rather than actually answer a question you may have.

The PvP has some good ideas, sieges, defending mines etc etc, however its really all about the zerg. And sometimes it lags painfully when you are trying to fight.

I have also ran across a few exploits, but I wont go into detail as Im sure the few remaining players dont want more people doing things like that. But trust me, theres more than a few out there.

Sadly some of the classes are so lame that no one even plays them. Quite a few issues with balancing there.

Pet classes are terrible as the pets themselves cause nothing but headaches for their masters. For this reason you dont see a lot of people playing pet classes.

Theres really not much to do in this game, and most guilds i had the displeasure of joining rarely had a steady amount of people to group with.

This game is already dead, and the few remaining loyal players are its future. Save yourself the bother of even playing this game, its an absolute waste of your time.

Comments

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360
    I agree with the OP.... even for free they can't get anyone to play it.
  • superhero13superhero13 Member Posts: 170
    Shadowbane was the best MMORPG of all time.

Anyone who thinks otherwise really hasnt played it much. Its not a "stinker"...it just takes awhile to get to the good stuff...but when you do, buddy, its the best ever.

Have you been part of a 5 man pvp group rolling the hills of far-off lands and killing every group you can find?

Have you been part of a 50 on 50 siege where timing and organization are critical? Where adrenaline might make you do the wrong thing?

Plus, crafting isnt a boring clickfest...the NPCs do it for you!

If graphics are your main consideration then people shouldnt listen to your opinion anyway.

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876
    To each is their own... Opinions.

As far as I see it and many others, this game is still great, greater than many many MMO's out there, especially all those Asian clones that keeps being bzzapped out.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

• superhero13superhero13 Member Posts: 170
    Actually I change my opinion. While I have fond memories of SB, I just went to their forums and got flamed automatically.

It's all RPK kids who can sit home all day and be jerks.

SB sucks now.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Vindication has the lowest population. Its your fault for playing on the lowest pop server

Shadowbane has the greatest number of ways to make a character out of any game. Thats what makes it so great. Every person you fight is different.

Its definately the best pvp game out there today.

This discussion has been closed.